Leicester 1 Peterborough 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means nothing. With so few games played league position thus far is much of a muchness. We have no divine right to be beating this team or any other. They played to a plan and it worked. It pains me to hear fans spout such toss as 'We should be brushing teams like this aside...' or 'We are screwed if we can't even beat blah-de-blah-de-blah...' If you do take such nonsense as fact then this means that we have no right to beat Newcastle, Middlesbrough, West Brom, Sheffield United and so on because of their league positions. This being the case, none of us should bother going to these games as we should just expect a defeat and be happy with it. We all love football for numerous reasons, not least the unpredictability of it. Just be happy that a team from last season's League One are performing more than astutely in the division above. A great start and long may it continue.

Eeeeh... I thought we should've taken three points tonight because a) I don't think Posh are a very good team and b) not winning against the weaker teams puts a pressure on us to win against the tougher ones to beat.

I'm sure they deserve the point tonight as much as we do. In fact, I would like to say: Well done, Peterborough United!

Peterborough are a hard working, lower to relegation team in the Championship. If we have thoughts of getting into the play offs then we need to beat teams like the Posh. I'm a bit concerned with Howard - has he seen better days? The transfer dealing we did suggests that we are settling for a top 10 finish this year. To get into the play offs, we need some pace/flair. I don't think Howard has that. Will Milan get the cheque book out in January if we are in with a shout?

Strange game. The first hour was a catalogue of shocking misses - first from them, then from us - before it seemed they'd settled for the point.

It's a long old season. We'll have hiccups, posh will be ok this year. Unbeaten at home, could do with a good away win to keep momentum going, but I'm not hanging myself off the nearest overpass regarding this result.

.....If we have thoughts of getting into the play offs then we need to beat teams like the Posh.

Why??? Milwall beat us quite comfortably last season and I think we can agree that, despite this, we did alright! Drawing a game against a well organised, hard working side who played to their strengths and our weaknesses does not suddenly mean that we are too poor for playoff contention. As for the Howard bashing.....

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Same old same old from City 'fans'. What would our history have been like if so many of our fans hadn't been so quick to judge. Ask most managers in this league who, out of the Leicester Team they fear the most, I am quite sure that Howard would be in the top 2 names given most frequently.

FGS - Let's revel in the moment instead of looking for black linings on silver clouds!

Last edited:
I think people are getting a little carried away with our prospects:icon_roll

Lets not forget where we have been for the last 3 or 4 seasons.
If we finish in the top 10, i would be delighted.
We have what appears to be a good manager, with a nice developing team, but ultimately nothing special.

Why cant we accept thats its a work in progress. If the fans start putting too much pressure on our own team, then its back to the bad old days imo. Players get edgy,and poor performances are produced.

Just enjoy what they are doing at the moment, its sure as hell an improvement on the previous few seasons.

I think people are getting a little carried away with our prospects:icon_roll

Lets not forget where we have been for the last 3 or 4 seasons.
If we finish in the top 10, i would be delighted.
We have what appears to be a good manager, with a nice developing team, but ultimately nothing special.

Why cant we accept thats its a work in progress. If the fans start putting too much pressure on our own team, then its back to the bad old days imo. Players get edgy,and poor performances are produced.

Just enjoy what they are doing at the moment, its sure as hell an improvement on the previous few seasons.

Excellent post

Thank god we have a manager who is a lot more level headed than most of you lot.

A very poor first 30, then 15 frantic minutes and eventually a non-event. Ruined by a ref who was having excellent game with a pedantic last ten.

Quite few poor performances with Brown being the worst of lot but I won't fire off too much as a) it will exhaust me and b) I don't want to put a damper on a decent start to the season. Tunchev was excellent when he came on...so classy in comparison.

As much as Pearson's selection pissed me off, he thankfully had the bollocks to change it at HT. Fingers crossed now he'll have a shuffle of pack for Saturday.

Heard so much shit down there tonight, we should be beating these blah blah blah. Will people please accept we have a rather inexperienced manager and team low on Championship experience compared to many teams in the division. We'll probably nick two points somewhere.

Last edited:
Game was alright, should have won though I think. More importantly does anyone know the name of the song played before kings of leon before the game started?

Last edited:
Did anyone notice Andy King on the pitch?

Tunchev was brilliant when he came on, and Berner is fast becoming one of my favourite players.

A draw was a fair result, but if we are to finish anywhere near the top 6 this season, we need to be beating teams like Peterborough at home.

We deserved to win overall, but I don't think a draw is too bad a result, Peterborough did play well.

Thought Brown was atrocious today, I've critisised him the last 2 games but today he was just dire. Tunch played really well when he came on. Oakley was poor as well.

I'd say Bruno was our MOTM, a rock throughout and looked good going forward too.

Last edited:
And what the hell has Nicky Adams got to do to even get 20 minutes at the end of the game?

I think it's time to replace Brown with Tunchev for a while now....

Did anyone else notice that Gallagher looked useless on the left wing, but when we were 1-0 down we seemed to switch to a 3-4-1-2 formation, with Gallagher playing as an attacking midfilder/second striker, and I thought he really shone in that position, then went missing again when we scored and went back to 4-4-2?

Last edited:
It was a strange game, we could have been two nil down in the first twenty minutes, but somehow we weren't. A penalty each in each half. A draw was a fair result. Wayne Brown played like he was hyper today, and made a quite a few mistakes at the back, very uncharisteric of him.

We should have gone on to win it in the second half, but I think we ran out of ideas. Fair play to Peterborough, to be honest.

It was a strange game, we could have been two nil down in the first twenty minutes, but somehow we weren't. A penalty each in each half. A draw was a fair result. Wayne Brown played like he was hyper today, and made a quite a few mistakes at the back, very uncharisteric of him.

We should have gone on to win it in the second half, but I think we ran out of ideas. Fair play to Peterborough, to be honest.

Actually I think he's made a couple of clnagers in each of the past 2 games, he's great at tackling and blocking, but his distibution is simply shocking and he gives the ball away too often, I thought we looked a lot safer and more assured with Tunch at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669