Leicester 1 Peterborough 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peterborough Today's review of the match is quite entertaining. I liked this bit:

Aaron Mclean fired into the side-netting after giving Wayne Brown the slip inside the area. No surprise there as Brown delivered a display which would have shamed the four-legged inhabitants on Blackpool Beach.

He was lucky to escape with a free-kick after Mclean exposed his lack of pace in the sixth minute, but justice was served when Brown wrestled the same player to the ground inside the area with what WWE watchers would have labelled a 'choke slam'.

... I know a hell of a lot of City fans are Matty Fryatt lovers, but he frustrates the hell out of me. He should have scored when he was clean through towards the end of the 1st half and once again he was constantly offside because he does not look along the line and read the game? (DJ Cambell anyone - offsides?)

Yes, I know he has scored five goals this season as well. How many has he missed? Shots to goals statistics would make interesting reading.

Pointless, fruitless argument. Take a look at Lampard's shots per game ratio. Pretty terrible but we can all agree he's a fairly talented individual. Yes, before you say it, I know that Fryatt is no Lampard - I am simply using this example to show that such fatuous use of statistics prove nothing. 5 goals is a superb return for any striker thus far into the season.

should have equalised at HT

just move on

How do you equalise at half time?

It is interesting that we are regularly playing better in the second half. This suggests that Nigel is rteading the game better than his opposite number.
I was surprised at Nigel bringing on a third sub around the 80th minute at a time when one of his players, Tunchev, had a nasty head injury.
Luckily wer got away with it. To Tunchev's credit he did not hesitate to put his head where it hurts nasty injury or not.
Having Tunchev back was a real bonus. What an education it must be for Hobbs playing alongside him.

How do you equalise at half time?

It is interesting that we are regularly playing better in the second half. This suggests that Nigel is rteading the game better than his opposite number.
I was surprised at Nigel bringing on a third sub around the 80th minute at a time when one of his players, Tunchev, had a nasty head injury.
Luckily wer got away with it. To Tunchev's credit he did not hesitate to put his head where it hurts nasty injury or not.
Having Tunchev back was a real bonus. What an education it must be for Hobbs playing alongside him.

If I recollect correctly it was the other way round agains Newcastle.

We didn't beat Millwall, Walsall, Swindon, Stockport, Colchester, Carlisle or Scunthorpe at home last year but I seem to recall we had a reasonable season. Your point is?

My point is:

peterborough are shite and I expect us to beat shite.

My point is:

peterborough are shite and I expect us to beat shite.

Are you saying that they're shite because they come from Cambridgeshire or something? Because, although a pretty stupid thing to say, that would make more sense than claiming they're shite at playing football.

They were decent enough when we played them at their gaffe last season, they were decent enough last night.

I think EVERY fan from EVERY club should expect their team to win EVERY game, otherw*s*, what's it all about?

They should think they they can win it and be pissed off if they dont but not expect to. Do you really expect leicester to win every match for the remainder of the season?

Last edited:
They should think they they can win it and be pissed off if they dont but not expect to. Do you really expect leicester to win every match for the remainder of the season?

Some people do expect us to win every game. :icon_lol:

They wont say "we will win every match for the remainder of the season", but in every pre-match thread they will predict us to win and argue that "if you dont expect to win whats the point of playing".

I'm really suprised P'boro haven't won yet, I thought they looked like a very good side, they should stay up.

Certainly was. The bloke I sat next to that night is a regular poster on here, and he kept trying to touch my special place whenever I looked away. I asked him to stop but he was too strong and eventually had his way with on our train home via Cardiff.

Who was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59