Leicester 1 Peterborough 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice that Gallagher looked useless on the left wing, but when we were 1-0 down we seemed to switch to a 3-4-1-2 formation, with Gallagher playing as an attacking midfilder/second striker, and I thought he really shone in that position, then went missing again when we scored and went back to 4-4-2?

Yes, I noticed he played a lot better as an attacking midfielder. Saying that he had a couple of long range efforts in the 1st half.

Actually I think he's made a couple of clnagers in each of the past 2 games, he's great at tackling and blocking, but his distibution is simply shocking and he gives the ball away too often, I thought we looked a lot safer and more assured with Tunch at the back.

Yes, he's a bit of a Kisnorbo with the long ball.

Yes, I thought he did a good job. He was told to sit back and knock it around.

Yes - I also thought he did well. Shifting from the muscle and pace of N'Guessan to King's deeper distribution seemed to change the game. After he came on, I don't think Posh really thought they could win the game except through luck.

That ****ing goalkeeper of ours worries me. ****ing useless lump!

That ****ing goalkeeper of ours worries me. ****ing useless lump!

What the hell did he do wrong in today's game? :102:

I think he looks extremely solid so far and isn't afraid to come out and punch the ball when its needed.

Yes, I thought he did a good job. He was told to sit back and knock it around.

As for the song it might be Elbow.

*scratches head with confusion*

I'm normally a King fan and I thought he showed an assured touch in the brief time he was on the pitch on Saturday but today a couple of passes went astray and a weak header at the back which could have cost us.

Not knocking him as I think he's quality just disappointed with him tonight.

What the hell did he do wrong in today's game? :102:

I think he looks extremely solid so far and isn't afraid to come out and punch the ball when its needed.

His failing to claim the ball in one move in the second half was pretty shocking, to be honest.

His failing to claim the ball in one move in the second half was pretty shocking, to be honest.

Why? He punched it out and set up a counter attack with it. Nothing wrong with punching it out of danger as long as it's not straight to the opposition.

I have praised Brown in the past, but tonight he had a shocker. I would have been amazed if Pearson had not replaced him at half-time. Tunchev was class and calmed the defence down and was thoughtful and accurate with his distribution.

First 30 minutes of the game we were all over the place as Peterborough played their 'kick and rush' game. We could easily have been 3 -0 down if they had not all been doing Hume impressions with their shots!

Fryatt missed hitting the goal again from about 5 yards out. The penalty was a more difficult shot!

Howard played well, especially when he is able to bring the ball down and pass it, rather than just random flick-ons.

Berner was excellent and very good at starting counter attacks.

Tactically though we never ended up with any real wing play, with neither Gallagher or Oakley willing to go out on the wing, made worse in the second half when King replaced N'Guessan. In fact for most of the second half Neilson was right back, little pass inside, then finding that he was also the right wing!

Brown was awful, was surprised but pleased that Pearson took him off at HT but he said on the radio that Brown had an injury so I guess it wasn't because of his bad performance (unless that was a lie).

Tunchev was amazing, just as good as last season but one level higher - I particularly liked his run straight through the midfield, pass and charge into the box to get on the end of the return pass (ehem, taking out Oakley in his enthusiasm). The inclusion of him and King changed the whole style of the game from the hoof-ball we'd been playing in the first half. Will be disappointed if he doesn't play on Saturday.

Still not sure I get Gallagher, sometimes I feel like the ghost of Gareth Williams has come back to haunt us. Will agree that he played better when the formation changed but I can't quite see why he'd be included ahead of a proper winger and I wouldn't drop Fryatt or Howard for him (though the latter had a mostly quiet game tonight).

Other than that Hobbs, Oakley and Wellens were all solid, Neilson pretty much played as full back and winger in the second half and did well (though he wasn't quick enough to get to everything), Berner made a few mistakes but also made up for them, N'Guessan started sharp but faded with Posh pressure. Fryatt missed so many chances but also looked sharp, on another day... Waghorn looked lively when he came on (wish RL hadn't bigged him up so much after his first appearance though, all that 'new Rooney' stuff really wasn't helpful).

First half they were on top and we seemed to be spending most of the time hoofing it up the pitch, until they got the goal then we really started to come into it up to the break and continued that after HT when we really could have scored a hatful as they clung on.

Last edited:
No assumption was made. The fact is, we are a better side than peterborough and should be beating them at home.

Not on last night's showing we weren't.

From what I've read/heard from other fans after their previous games Posh have been unlucky with some of their results so far, and if they've been playing like that I can see why they'd think so.

First half we were utter shite.
Defence had no pace at all and so couldn't cope with CMS or McClean going at them all the time, Brown had an absolute shocker and it was no surprise he came off for Tunchev at halftime(who didn't seem at all panicky when having to deal with players running at him)

From the Kop End where I was last night it looked a pen to me, and Posh deserved the lead, although I thought we actually had the better chances.

Especially THAT miss from Fryatt.:098:

Second half we did look better at the back, Berner seemed more confident with Tunchev there and got forward well. Couldn't see what our peno was for.

I suppose it was a point earned.

Glad it was a point earned and agree that we shouldn't expect to win games against perceived lesser clubs.

I am happy with the results but we do seem to be scraping by. I would love a convincing win to give us confidence and last night I hoped for that.

Last edited:
Because I believe that peterborough will finish close to the relegations places and if we want to finish in the play-offs we'll need to beat teams like this. For me peterborough are one of the weakest if not the weakest teams in this division. I doubt any of the city players or mangement will be happy with a point tonight.

Just because Peterborough, have never been and chances are will never be close to being a "BIG" Club, doesn't mean they aren't, at this moment in time, a decent side. And to be fair to Darren Ferguson I think he's build a good team with some good players, and I think they they are far from being the worst team in this league! Peterborough will finish Mid table and best of luck to them, exept for when they play us of course!

I don't think any fan from any club should expect their team to win but there is nothing wrong with being disappointed when they don't!!

Two points pissed up against a wall for me

Truly appalling defending throughout the first half - Brown the obvious duffer, but they were all over the place, the lot of 'em.

Gallagher cannot not play left wing, inside left, right wing or inside right so don't feckin' play him there. He looks a decent player, when given the chance to get in the game, so make use of him

Fryatt did what Fryatt does, game in game out - feck up at least half a dozen promising positions, miss at least one open goal that a child of three could have scored, and then get his name on the scoresheet to ensure his selection in the next game

The complete lack of width did for us in the end - you cannot pass the ball straight through the middle of a team who has shut up shop for the evening. Should have brought on Adams or Dyer, rather than Waghorn, and I think we would have nicked it

The one shining light was the return of The Tunch - still not 100%, but still a squllion miles above any other defender we have had for the past few years. Thank feck he's back

Last edited:
From what I can gather that Brown is a bit of a donkey and should be replaced by Tunchev asap

From what I can gather that Brown is a bit of a donkey and should be replaced by Tunchev asap

The mongies love him because he looks like a big thug, is decent in the air, and shouts a lot

In reality he makes at least two or three bumbling errors every single game, and his distribution is shite

The mongies love him because he looks like a big thug, is decent in the air, and shouts a lot

In reality he makes at least two or three bumbling errors every single game, and his distribution is shite

My cousin said that any striker with a bit of skill/trickery has him in trouble but he's ok against big/target man type striker.My nephew says he's just shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669