Post Match Leicester 1 Southampton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I have felt criticism of the team selection comes from 20:20 hindsight but, I am totally baffled as to why Claude Puel thought that the way to play a team struggling to score and with their three best strikers out of the side, was to have eight defensive players. That's not poor, it's unbelievable.

We should be satisfied with 8th, we can't really compete with the likes of Wolves and Watford.
Yeah it’s impossible to do any better than mediocrity and losing to teams we should be beating... according to our manager.

God will you just piss off Puel. Piss off!!! Announce the pissing off! Announce I say.

We do better against teams that attack us and we can play on the break.

Which again shows how we are woefully short of anything creative in the middle of the park.

CM signing should be a priority before the end of the window.

Well, at least we know we are just as bad at breaking down teams with 10 men behind the ball as we are those with 11.

Absolute & complete ****ing shite.

Not just Puel either. Abysmal on every level. Saints are ****ing rubbish with 11 & we lose at home to 10.

Nothings going to happen at this club until everyone involved in winning the title is gone. As soon as we've got the 3 wins we need to be mathematically safe I'm paying no attention until the Summer window.

All this is lost on me now. There's absolutely no reason or excuse for playing a defensive formation at home against a pile of wank like that. Also no point paying inflated January prices in the transfer market as we have nothing to play for now.
As far as I'm concerned this season ended last Sunday. Judging by that shitbucket of a performance the players think so too.

Puel: **** Off

Half the Squad: **** Off

Recruitment: **** Off

Total rebuild needed & a risk needs to be taken on a young manager with ambition & ideas

Get the **** on with it. It's a season overdue already.

Which again shows how we are woefully short of anything creative in the middle of the park.

Some intent would be nice as well. Does Puel realise that we’re allowed to try and win home games?

If you think this is the right path then I can only assume you mean 'to the championship again'. This stinks of the Taylor era and we all know how that ended.

Talk about overreaction!

We have a bright, young and upcoming squad, a fantastic training ground on the way and planned development of the stadium too.

Seems like a good long term path to be on.

Great stuff. Brilliant work - We had 72% possession. You can't really expect better than that! 72%. Fantastic performance.

Wonderful.

25 minutes of the same mindless, pointless, ****ing stupid high cross into the box.

The manager is a ****ing loser, but the players are clueless at times .

What a shit way to lineup formation wise, it was horrible to watch in the 1st half.

I can't even begin to evaluate the disjointed thinking in our approach today.

Bored beyond belief

I genuinely don't think it's the personnel. We could play Maddison there and two up front. It's Puel's slow and laboured style that is the problem.

IMO he was bought in to teach us a possession based plan B - a job which Ranieri failed at, he has also failed at it.

Now whether you think he should stay or go is another thing. It's a risk but judging by performances like we've had in the last few weeks we're punching well above our weight in 8th! Losing to Southampton, Cardiff and Newport suggests it's a miracle we're not down there too...

I'd personally get rid, those Chelsea and Man City results were an anomaly based on the fact the top sides will attack you in search of the points and the expectation levels being lesser in those games.

Talk about overreaction!

We have a bright, young and upcoming squad, a fantastic training ground on the way and planned development of the stadium too.

Do you think people were saying that fans were over reacting asking for Taylor's head when we lost to Wycombe and spiralled down from there?

It may be hyperbolic to suggest relegation at this time and it was done more tongue-in-cheek really but if you think losing 2-1 to Newport County and then losing 2-1 at home to the 10 men of a Southampton team sitting near the bottom of the league without their best players is 'on the right path' then I don't want to be heading down that particular path thanks. It's ****ing boring now.

Talk about overreaction!

I bet the queue at the ticket office is around block.

We are boring as **** and the attendance will dwindle below capacity as it is now.

Wasters

predictions on 'what does the Puel say'? I'm going for something along the lines of 'unlucky to lose it' etc.

Do you think people were saying that fans were over reacting asking for Taylor's head when we lost to Wycombe and spiralled down from there?

It may be hyperbolic to suggest relegation at this time and it was done more tongue-in-cheek really but if you think losing 2-1 to Newport County and then losing 2-1 at home to the 10 men of a Southampton team sitting near the bottom of the league without their best players is 'on the right path' then I don't want to be heading down that particular path thanks. It's ****ing boring now.

I quite clearly said long term goal, don't let your anger confuse you.

I even acknowledged that short term things aren't great but I would hate for us a tear up the long term plan we appear to be on.

In the short term, perhaps a new leader would help as playing at home in a toxic environment isnt a recipe for success, but for God's sake don't change the long term plan of the young signings and investing in the infrastructure required to sustainably and continually compete at the very top.

Sorry I have had enough - he has to go. Yes the performace of some of the players today was woeful - but it started out with a negative, pathetic team selection. Why play 3 defensive midfielders against a weakened bottom 3 team who were playing with one up top. I just don''t get it. We have the players to win comfortably against teams like Cardiff and Southampton - we just need someone to select the correct team and motivate the players - neither of which Puel can do. I fall asleep during his interviews and am starting to think I will fall asleep during a match. I have been giving him the benefit of doubt - sorry no longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757