Post Match Leicester 1 Tottenham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw extended highlights on Sky last night but I felt that Ritchie De Laet was the poorest city player on the pitch. Although Huth missed his tackle for the goal, De Laet also failed to pressure the cross and then Schlupp just nodded off entirely.

Throughout the game though De Laet made a number of poor errors. It's an area we really probably should look to strengthen before the end of the window

Also forgot we should have had a penalty in the first half, Mahrez twisting and turning and Verthongen (sp?) kicked away his standing leg. Looked a pen from where I was sat and I didn't change my mind after seeing it on MOTD later, ref missed one there.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Au revoir Paul Konchesky. Come on down Richie De Laet!

You are this season's scapegoat.

One negative I did want to mention: Kasper Schemeichel's distribution. It's shocking and has been for years. Yesterday was up there with the worst I've seen it. Twice straight out of play, once straight to a Spurs player and another against a Spurs player. Possession isn't everything but losing it so cheaply puts us under pressure. It needs working on.

Au revoir Paul Konchesky. Come on down Richie De Laet!

You are this season's scapegoat.

To be a scapegoat you have to be unfairly blamed. I said there were 3 players at fault for the goal and I'd say De Laet was the least to blame for the goal. More blame going to Schlupp and Huth.

I said he was the weakest City player on the pitch and that we needed strengthening in that area. He's a decent squad player but his biggest attribute is his pace. Apart from that he doesn't have much else in his locker, his delivery is inconsistent at best, and his defensive duties are also lacking.

On their goal, we had four players who got drawn towards the ball. Only Morgan remained in the centre and he had two Spurs players to cover. He went to the front man (Kane), correctly, but that left Alli alone at the back post.

Poor awareness, probably poor communication, but well exploited by Spurs.

Let's not kid ourselves though, Spurs are a top six side (in theory) and we more than held our own. It's been a fantastic start to the season.

One negative I did want to mention: Kasper Schemeichel's distribution. It's shocking and has been for years. Yesterday was up there with the worst I've seen it. Twice straight out of play, once straight to a Spurs player and another against a Spurs player. Possession isn't everything but losing it so cheaply puts us under pressure. It needs working on.
It did appear to be a tactic yesterday for Kasper to kick towards the wings, probably knew we wouldn't win much in the air against their centre halls

I've just realised that we'll be knocked off first place come 6pm, regardless of the Everton v Man City result :(

I only saw extended highlights on Sky last night but I felt that Ritchie De Laet was the poorest city player on the pitch. Although Huth missed his tackle for the goal, De Laet also failed to pressure the cross and then Schlupp just nodded off entirely.

Throughout the game though De Laet made a number of poor errors. It's an area we really probably should look to strengthen before the end of the window

I also only had the Sky highlights to go on, and thought what a decent job RDL did yesterday, considering Mahrez's tracking back when Spurs had possession was somewhat erratic.

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere.

Did anyone notice that the pitch seems to have been made smaller. Its definitely more narrow.

Ranieri seems to like a back 4 so I imagine it's at his request. Make it tighter to get in and around our full backs.

But since we play with 2 wide players that wouldn't necessarily make much sense.

Maybe I imagined it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere.

Did anyone notice that the pitch seems to have been made smaller. Its definitely more narrow.

Ranieri seems to like a back 4 so I imagine it's at his request. Make it tighter to get in and around our full backs.

But since we play with 2 wide players that wouldn't necessarily make much sense.

Maybe I imagined it.

I hadn't noticed it looking smaller, could it be the AstroTurf edging makes it look that way?

I hadn't noticed it looking smaller, could it be the AstroTurf edging makes it look that way?
I hope that's the case. I was thinking about when Vardy got clattered. The tackle on the edge of the pitch was a lot closer to the perimeter.

Random thoughts at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572