Post Match Leicester 1 Tottenham 1

Spurs took maximum points from the newly promoted teams last season and have immediately failed to do the same this term. Notwithstanding a horrible first half, getting a point from one of the big sicks is an achievement in itself and play as we did in the second half all season and we'll be comfortably safe.

I thought it best that I sobered up before posting so excuse the lateness of the hour.

A weirdly emotional experience that was.

Half time I was more or less feeling as I expected to. Full time I was laughing my balls off.

There really isn't a team like Spurs is there ? Total control of a game, then something goes against them & they instantly fall apart like a pair of Primark pants. Beautiful to watch.

Anyway...build on that. Fight like ****, beat the dross in this league & avoid an insane points deduction & 17th will do for me. Add in 2 wins against Forest & that'll do for me come May.

& of course, most importantly, 13 goals away from all of us being able to brutally troll that scouse **** Michael Owen for the rest of his life ( 14 would be better though ! )

Connor Coady said that Bouba Soumare has been one of the brightest prospects in pre-season.

Just thought I'd bring some balance.

I have not stopped smiling all day! It feels like we won a cup or something! Leicester have, again, renewed my love of football. My beer of choice from now till the end of the season will be Cooper's! That's an easy commitment to the gods of football. It's one of the main beers in Aussie!!

Connor Coady said that Bouba Soumare has been one of the brightest prospects in pre-season.
He should've gone to Specsavers!

Re: the game - we were battered in the first half, but we defended bodies-on-the-line well, especially at corners (and we had plenty of practice in this game, even though it was Maddison taking the corners).
Highlights -
Wilf's goal line clearance,
Vardy's goal and the players' celebration-
Maddison nor scoring.
Solanke not scoring - despite the prematch 20 minutes of worship from the Sky pundits
And of course -Vardy goading the Spurs players and fans.

Finally - we came away with a well deserved point. Happy with that.

Well that first half was a very hard watch indeed. An absolute ****ing mess. Maddison absolutely ran the show and they really should have had a couple more. Corners were an abomination with DCR assigned to mark Solanke. What the absolute ****? I was delighted to get in at just 0-1.

But, bloody hell, that second half was excellent. We pushed five yards further up the pitch, and instead of one or two people pressing, they were all doing it together. It was sheer bloody mindedness and effort. I liked it, and so did the crowd. Completely silent for fifty minutes, they could see what a shift they were putting in and got right behind them. Once we had scored, Spuds absolutely shat their pants and I think that, but for the massive injury delay, we would have gone on to win that game- for a while we were by far the better side. Sadly the break killed us stone dead, assisted by taking off the simply outstanding Buonanotte and replacing him with the lazy lumbering oaf that is Bouba Soumare. What an absolute ****ing fatarse lazy **** he is.

Ndidi was dogbob, and DCR really wasn’t great, and Mads’ distribution was hideous.
But after that it’s all positives (second half especially). Justin was superb, as was Kristiansen. Fatawu (second half only) was excellent, and Winks commanded everyone. Superb cameos from Mavididi and Mcateer at the end. Shining light was, of course, Buonanotte. A potential superstar in the making there - be fascinated to see if he keeps it up.

Skipp in for Ndidi, Mavididi in for DCR, and that is not a bad little unit at all.

Desperately need another striker, though. A half fit Vardy was, I thought, pretty ****ing good - but he can’t do that every game, and we have no one else to bring on. ****ing get it done, FFS

First half shit. Second half superb. Points on the board. I’ll take that this season. Lovely stuff

Any word on the poutine?

£14 is madness for that. There are better and cheaper filthy catering companies out there.
It's my duty to report on the great new catering options available to fans

Chips and gravy. Few tasteless cheese curds. Poor man's KFC fillet on top.

Fourteen of your English pounds

Think chips and gravy, and you're just about there

14 nicker, FFS
Remind me to take Canada off my bucket list.

I watched the game on a dodgy stream after being called up for some emergency babysitting for my nephews - so I didn't get to watch the whole thing with undivided attention. We were very obviously pants in the first half and would have counted ourselves lucky if it had been 3-0 at the break, the only saving grace was the last ditch efforts put in to keep the score down. Credit is really due to whatever Cooper said and did at halftime though - it's often said that the mark of a manager is what he manages in those 15 minutes, and we were unrecognisible despite being the same eleven players. Vardy's goal was deserved, and if it weren't for the momentum going out of the game with that nasty injury for the Spurs player it looked like there would be only one winner.
The line up was a bit of a surprise, but everyone ended up contributing and I hope that they take a lot of confidence going forward from this. Us fans certainly should

Still don't understand why Cooper brought Soumare on and not exactly sure he even touched the ball.
He's a lazy sod and I can't see it ever changing.
Best part of the game - Vardy!

I have not stopped smiling all day! It feels like we won a cup or something! Leicester have, again, renewed my love of football. My beer of choice from now till the end of the season will be Cooper's! That's an easy commitment to the gods of football. It's one of the main beers in Aussie!!
Mate, there are sooooo many better beers than Coopers.

I just wanted to get "something" out of the game last night. I wasn't expecting a win, or even a point, but I didn't want to come out of the game feeling like we couldn't do anything. Whether that was decent spells with the ball, or an ability to put pressure on Spurs without the ball, it was important that we had something we could take going forwards.

For the first 55/60 minutes, I don't think we really did anything like this, but after that I think we showed something and the crowd responded to that, it was genuinely good fun in there at that point. Ultimately, the game should have been out of sight for them, but then we had a good go at them for a while in the second half and I came out of the game feeling like there was something there, which was good. I enjoyed it.

Players wise, Buonanotte was exciting to watch, Winks still has class and both full backs had good games. I can totally see why he played BDCR at the start (for his experience) and he and VK did well down that side defensively. I thought that Justin had a hard first half, as Fatawu isn't the best defensively and this put a lot of pressure on JJ. That's not, however, meant to be Fatawu's strength, but when we have nothing going forward, like in the first half, we make life difficult for ourselves with that set up. I guess it depends on what we're trying to do, because if we're just trying to absorb pressure, we'd probably have been better with someone like McAteer in there.

Anyway, enough rambling, last night there was a buzz coming out of the ground at the end and it was good to be back. Yes, it's going to be difficult this season, but we all know that deep down, so at least when games feel like they did last night, we get to look forward to the next game.

Still don't understand why Cooper brought Soumare on and not exactly sure he even touched the ball.
He's a lazy sod and I can't see it ever changing.
Best part of the game - Vardy!
I don't think Soumare is actually lazy.

It's just that he's the latest in a long line of continental players who are simply incapable of playing the game at pace, both mentally & physically. England is clearly not for him. He needs to go to France, Spain or Portugal if he wants a career.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34