Post Match Leicester 1 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really enjoyed the atmosphere and our performance during the first 20 minutes, things got predictably more cagey as the night went on, but what a great moment it was to see Nuge score the goal.

Watford looked decent in spells, but confidence-wise the players and fans seemed rather down and nervy.

King and James were magnificent.

Great result and I thought that most of the lads did well. Wood was absent again and Schlupp had a nightmare at left back. Let's hope we can keep our heads on Sunday.

Decent result but as we know, it doesn't mean much as it's always the second leg that is a goal fest. Remind me, away goals don't count for anything in the play-offs do they?

No they don't count Joe_Fox - you should know that you fool!

So last six games, we've won three, drawn two, lost one. Interesting.

I would retain Schlupp, yes he was nervous and he did make a couple of howlers but he will have learned from that experience, also he and Dyer are critical to stopping Anya bombing on. In the league game Konchesky was too slow and was so often caught out whereas with Jeff and Lloyd we have genuine pace that can help deal with his runs but also a threat going forward. I would start with the same XI and hope Wood turns up this time.

I would retain Schlupp, yes he was nervous and he did make a couple of howlers but he will have learned from that experience, also he and Dyer are critical to stopping Anya bombing on. In the league game Konchesky was too slow and was so often caught out whereas with Jeff and Lloyd we have genuine pace that can help deal with his runs but also a threat going forward. I would start with the same XI and hope Wood turns up this time.

As Lako said, I thought Wood's performance was hampered by Nugent being so deep, but Kane was magnificent when he came on and held the ball up a lot better. I'd start him.

According to the BBC website, Wood was apparently ill and not expected to finish the 90. Makes you wonder why he started, in that case.

Decent result but as we know, it doesn't mean much as it's always the second leg that is a goal fest. Remind me, away goals don't count for anything in the play-offs do they?

Yes away goals count, why wouldn't they? I believe they're worth the same as home ones though.

Probably because even though he played terribly, he's better than Jamie feckin' Vardy

Ture. Even if he's no better for Sunday I'd hope either Kane or Woodss start. Even if Nigel has to provide him with nappies to get him through the game.

Well done Nige.
Did Watford sell out the away end?

You'll be pleased to know that they did no better than you did in that respect.

Yep. I said many times during our bad spell that it had coincided in a big way with Matty James being out injured. Doesn't seem like it was a coincidence! Very good performance. Thought him and King worked very well, sharing the attack and defensive work.... but as I mentioned, I thought it was actually James that looked better going forward and King did more defensively!

I know a few have mentioned already, but I thouught Nugent did a good defensive job tonight too, helping win the ball back.... That probably played a part in helping King and James too I think.

Tactically well setup tonight. Think Konch in for Schlupp will be the only change for Sunday.

Pearson has only ever really played King in a defensive role. Saying that, whichever midfield two are selected, they seem to both be given identical instructions - shield the defence, keep the ball moving and fill the gaps. No real pressure to get forwards.

Well done lads!

I was worried when i saw we had clearly set up to stop watford rather than play to our strengths, but it paid off. Second leg will be difficult as i expect Watford will score at least once.

I would play a similar system but Konch at LB. i would be tempted to put Schlupp up front instead of Wood as his pace would be more of a threat on the Counter Attack.

Well done lads!

I was worried when i saw we had clearly set up to stop watford rather than play to our strengths, but it paid off. Second leg will be difficult as i expect Watford will score at least once.

I would play a similar system but Konch at LB. i would be tempted to put Schlupp up front instead of Wood as his pace would be more of a threat on the Counter Attack.

Set up to stop watford?

When we had the ball we were all over them. They barely got out of their half for 25 mins.

Having a sound defensive strategy (which really only consisted of Nugent man-marking the young lad in the middle) does not mean that you are playing negatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669