Post Match Leicester 1 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson has only ever really played King in a defensive role. Saying that, whichever midfield two are selected, they seem to both be given identical instructions - shield the defence, keep the ball moving and fill the gaps. No real pressure to get forwards.

That's not true. The League One season King was pushed forward for most of the season.

Keep Jeff at the back, he was nervous yes, but he recovered very well with his pace every time.

When Konchesky fecks up it's game over, he can't recover ecpecially against the fast players of Watford.

Shakey said that Kane was the most technically gifted player he had worked with, which says a lot as he can't get more than a 20 minute spell.

Keep the same team for me, they have deserved it over 2 games and dropping Jeffrey after the 1st clean sheet in years would be wrong.

Very briefly: we could not be faulted for effort - and that's the main thing for me.

The game reinforced what we already know i.e. we are limited in quality and options.

Pearson organised things as well as anyone could do.

Still think Watford are clear favourites - but we have a shout and that is all i could hope for.

Very briefly: we could not be faulted for effort - and that's the main thing for me.

The game reinforced what we already know i.e. we are limited in quality and options.

Pearson organised things as well as anyone could do.

Still think Watford are clear favourites - but we have a shout and that is all i could hope for.

Do you mean despite them not being favourites before they had a goal to make up? The bookies had us favourites before last night and clearly will do more so now.

Do you mean despite them not being favourites before they had a goal to make up? The bookies had us favourites before last night and clearly will do more so now.

Matt, will you never learn, we are shit, the players don't care, Pea man is clueless, he has lost the dressing room, the players clearly don't want to play for him, we don't deserve to be where we are, clearly we are never going to be favorites etc etc etc.

I'll re-phrase that before you do my head in once more.

'In my opinion Watford are more likely than us to come through this tie - notwithstanding that I thought we gave it everything in effort. I also like to give credit where it's due and on this occasion as indeed against the Forest, i thought Pearson got his own act together and sent his team out focussed to do a job'.

Now let's hope for the best and players and supporters (travelling to Watford) give of their best. But i think the team will need to raise its game still further to ge through.

Credit to all the players involved..... Rarely will you see a game without a few rickets by the odd individual. And there's nothing like a ricket to get the idiots aroused. Felt sorry for Keane and Schlupp in particular whose positive inputs have been overlooked, the Sky commentary particularly picking out and reminding us of their errors. (just finished watching it again).

Wood is an enigma who started so well on his arrival it has made it difficult for him to maintain. There is more to come I'm sure. Wood or Kane next time ..... Nige's call thank goodness not mine....

Lloyd..... ? Love the little chap but over his whole career with foxes has left me frustrated with his lack of final product...... BUT..... recently had begun to frustrate me less.....

Matty James..... The opposite to Wood.... Took a long time to convince me he was liable to make any impact but boy he is now showing us some real quality. It must be tough coming from a top Prem club as a bit part player as the new clubs expectations are perhaps too high due to the pedigree.

I'm not going to be able to get to the final.This will be my first 'final' at home since the Wolves epic. This includes all the cups and play-offs.

Kind offers of help since my post after the forest game have made it possible for me to continue to get to the KP for at least half of the matches next term so my ticket renewal is now underway.

Best wishes to all

Tony

I'll re-phrase that before you do my head in once more.

'In my opinion Watford are more likely than us to come through this tie - notwithstanding that I thought we gave it everything in effort. I also like to give credit where it's due and on this occasion as indeed against the Forest, i thought Pearson got his own act together and sent his team out focussed to do a job'.

Now let's hope for the best and players and supporters (travelling to Watford) give of their best. But i think the team will need to raise its game still further to ge through.

call yourself a leicester supporter?

Good quality first half, terrible scrappy in the second half. Pearson got his tactics spot on. Nugent's role was very important. Allowed King and James the freedom to read the game more. Hopefully same side; only changed I'd consider is Kane for Wood. Kane is a far better prospect up front on his own. Kane gets underneath the defenders aerially which makes mistakes, Wood plays side on with a defender.

OK so Nugent kept Vydra under control last night but who is going to stop Troy Deeney as well on Sunday?

Just don't open the fecking gates this time, NP never learns.

So for me, Watford go into the game as favourites. I know the bookmakers have gone for Leicester, but the resources in Zola's squad and the negativity that often surrounds Leicester may see them through.

Leicester get a lead to take to Watford? Can they stop their opponents scoring? On both accounts I think the answer is no. I think Watford will get a goal and at least a draw.

Excellent punditry....

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,15231_8699561,00.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573