Post Match Leicester 1 Watford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaten by a much better team. Better control of the ball, better retention of the ball, better tactically in almost every sense. We were the headless chicken crew

But we will finish the season below a number of teams who have a significantly inferior set of players, in my humble opinion

A truly desperate and hopeless February and March did us for the season - our desperate second half tactics tonight told you everything about how our players have been mismanaged throughout the business end of the season. It's a crying shame

See ya, Nige.

Beaten by a much better team. Better control of the ball, better retention of the ball, better tactically in almost every sense. We were the headless chicken crew

But we will finish the season below a number of teams who have a significantly inferior set of players, in my humble opinion

A truly desperate and hopeless February and March did us for the season - our desperate second half tactics tonight told you everything about how our players have been mismanaged throughout the business end of the season. It's a crying shame

See ya, Nige.

That was the perfect summary to our season.

Until the last line. I have a feeling that you may be wrong on that.

That was the perfect summary to our season.

Until the last line. I have a feeling that you may be wrong on that.

He's as good as gone

Doesn't matter if we agree with it or not - dead man walking (in oversized white shoes)

Whether people expected us to go up this season before we even started is immaterial. We had every chance to go up after the first 30 games, but for some reason the wheels fell off.

We played really well in the first half and were somewhat unlucky to go in 2 goals down instead of just one.

Cannot understand why we didn't keep the same players on in the second half for at least 20 minutes before changing it.

We never looked effective or threatening in the last 45 and just kept knocking long balls up front. Totally pointless.

We played really well in the first half and were somewhat unlucky to go in 2 goals down instead of just one.

Cannot understand why we didn't keep the same players on in the second half for at least 20 minutes before changing it.

We never looked effective or threatening in the last 45 and just kept knocking long balls up front. Totally pointless.

Yes but at the same time we were also lucky not to go in 3 down.

That was the third time I've seen us outplayed by a much better team at home following Cardiff and Palace. Bottom line is that there are better teams than us in this league. We're too soft and too easy to beat.

We've got the basics of a pretty good squad. We have a managerial liability who once again this evening made all the wrong calls tactically. As others have said, taking off Schlupp and Dyer was barking mad against that sort of opposition. Playing long aimless balls to players who are hopeless in the air made Watford's job so much easier than it should have been. And his first move when we get back into the game is to bring on the most hopelessly out of form player in the entire squad. Just brilliant Nigel. I truly hope that the next time I see your passive, arms folded, brain-dead, pig ignorant demeanour, it will be in an opposition dug out.

Overall, we need someone in charge that can work with players and improve them as well as effectively organising a team. That isn't rocket science, but it is beyond the present incumbent. With someone with the appropriate skills and enthusiasm, our club could take off once again.

Although Wes Morgan's form has slipped quite a bit over the last couple of months, he's been outstanding this season and our main priority must be retaining him. James looks to be a player with real potential in midfield. If they can get some confidence back, Nugent and Wood are as good as you're going to get in this league. Ditto Schmeichel in goal. We have several youngish players that could really go one way or the other next season. But we need more steel, more fighters and more experience for when the going gets tough.

Along with NP, we need to lose his miserable failures of signings in Whitbread and Vardy. Expensive dead wood like Wellens and Gallagher have to be dispatched. Will a new manager see the merits of the marginalised trio of St. Ledger, Danns and Beckford or will they be car booted out to save cash? Improving the left side of our team must be a priority too as, for experienced pros, Konchesky and Dyer are too rarely effective.

It's going to be an interesting summer of decisions.

Did we play well in the first half?

We need a new direction of sorts.
How about we change to a red first team kit?
There's a 100% chance of being promoted as champions, looking at the history of changing from blue to red in the Championship during the 21st century.

That's bollocks. I got this great blow job off a bird last April and I was still smiling in December.

(credit to Viz)

But a very poor comeback which coincidentally, is what (s)he said too.

(no credit needed)

And thanks for response to prior post.

Last edited:
And thanks for response to prior post.
Well I apologise for missing your edit. I don't see how any team other than Cardiff can be seen as the best team in the league, which is what you said. Regardless of the two games where we may have played well against them they are there through merit.

Without question the most disappointing and anti-climactic season I've ever had following Leicester. The relegation to League One was gutting but was a slow doom march to the end. This all looked so promising until the most spectacular capitulation.

Time for Pearson to go I think. I like him and he's done a good job for us over his 2 spells until it all turned very sour the last 3 months.

To add some positivity, at the end of last season I felt we had a highly overpaid and mediocre squad which needed overhauling. Whereas with this current squad I think there's a good spine here and we just need a few additions/players to leave (left back, central midfield) rather than a large squad overhaul for next season.

At the end of January I thought it was possible that we could go up.

At the end of January, I thought it was impossible for us to miss the play-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669