Post Match Leicester 1 Watford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
" The home side dominated possession for long periods of the first half without being able to stretch Hornets goalkeeper Manuel Almunia " (BBC)

Sums up both the season & the entire history of LCFC in my lifetime really.

Easy prediction...we will win at Forest for the 1st time in over 40 years.& it'll mean absolutely **** all.That will also sum up the season perfectly.

In years gone by I'd purge my soul of a disappointing season by enjoying the cricket over the summer.But now we're shit at that as well.I said at the time that God awful sporting capital statue would end up a haunting embarrassment.

The real disappointment for me though is that this league really is SO poor & yet we're well adrift.Hull are probably going to get automatic & I predict they'll struggle to get 30 points in the Prem.
Another summer on the merry-go-round beckons,another fresh start,all the worthy managerial candidates already in work elsewhere & here we ****ing go again.
My hope of sitting in August sunshine watching us play the Saints at the KP on opening day & being able to pretend that the last ten years were just a horrible dream lies in tatters.

My head hurts,I feel old.

On top of all of this...Warnock will probably be here by the end of May & amazingly I'm not even bothered.**** me,things are indeed desperate.

Without question the most disappointing and anti-climactic season I've ever had following Leicester. The relegation to League One was gutting but was a slow doom march to the end. This all looked so promising until the most spectacular capitulation.

Time for Pearson to go I think. I like him and he's done a good job for us over his 2 spells until it all turned very sour the last 3 months.

To add some positivity, at the end of last season I felt we had a highly overpaid and mediocre squad which needed overhauling. Whereas with this current squad I think there's a good spine here and we just need a few additions/players to leave (left back, central midfield) rather than a large squad overhaul for next season.

I alluded to this about 6 weeks ago. I really hoped and wished we could still turn it round and salvage something but if I'm honest I never truly believed we could. Definitely ranks as my most disappointing season. Promised so much and yielded a nothing but a spectacular demise. I just want a line drawn under it now and move on.

"

The real disappointment for me though is that this league really is SO poor & yet we're well adrift.Hull are probably going to get automatic & I predict they'll struggle to get 30 points in the Prem.

I still don't understand why people insist this league is so poor. It's not. Compare the Championship to most of the second tiers around Europe and you'll see how strong it is.

I agree we missed a golden opportunity this season with most of the teams coming down not actually featuring in the promotion chase. However, the league itself is very strong and I fear it's going to be even stronger and tougher to get out of next season. If this turns out to be true, it will only add to the disappointment of this season's campaign of capitulation

Last edited:
Just hope to **** that Bolton win tomorrow and end this misery.

If we were a dog it would be cruelty.

At the end of January, I thought it was impossible for us to miss the play-offs.

Me too. I find it hard to comprehend how bad we have been. A little luck our way and we would have easily managed the playoff total, but it doesn't seem that long ago we were clear of Hull.

" The home side dominated possession for long periods of the first half without being able to stretch Hornets goalkeeper Manuel Almunia " (BBC)

Sums up both the season & the entire history of LCFC in my lifetime really.

Easy prediction...we will win at Forest for the 1st time in over 40 years.& it'll mean absolutely **** all.That will also sum up the season perfectly.

In years gone by I'd purge my soul of a disappointing season by enjoying the cricket over the summer.But now we're shit at that as well.I said at the time that God awful sporting capital statue would end up a haunting us

My hope of sitting in August sunshine watching us play the Saints at the KP on opening day & being able to pretend that the last ten years were just a horrible dream

On top of all of this...Warnock will probably be here by the end of May & amazingly I'm not even bothered.**** me,things are indeed desperate.
As they say at award shows ' in reverse order...
Warnock could be here sooner as he was at the Stadium last night working for Sky and Nigel has history of his managerial sucessor watching his last home match as manager of the team.

Next. Yes I've often wanted to have had that Bobby/Pam Ewing moment when this whole period of sloshing around in the "Championship" had not actually happened and that we were still in the Premier League. I do feel sorry for those like my lad that have hadav to endure such level of non success (except that one year in Division 3) during the majority of their City supporting life. "Maybe next year son , eh maybe next year....."

And finally that statue has been a curse. The cricket other than one 20 over competition has been terrible and their standing in cricketing terms is even worse than City's in footy terms. The Tigers are not even the big shots they used to be. They even managed to lose against Bath from the jaws of victory last weekend.

Last edited:
All pretty tense here.At time of typing Watford are 3rd best in the Champ.Hope we don"t make the play offs

Just to add to the sense of doom: did anyone else hear Kasper's post match interview? He spoke of working with Pearson, in the past tense: Stringer, rather gleefully, took this as a sign that NP was history. I think that it sounded a little more likely that Kasper does not expect to be here next season. :102:

That is saddening.. Kasper is true quality - arguably way too good for this division.

So were any on here part of the sad bunch of grown men and women actually clapping the sad ****ers round the pitch last night?

It was sad to see grown men happily taking the big turd of failure from some overpaid useless ****ers and gleefully eating it, I felt a bit sad for these brainwashed people.

Pearson had a well publicised target - promotion

Despite this he has set about building an inexperienced team with no bollocks and certainly little character, this is an utter failure of his remit.

I take no pleasure in saying I called it months ago but those who said me and some others we aimlessly negative can kiss my arse.

A monumental failure to fall from 2nd and our best chance of promotion in 10 years to a pathetically limp mid table finsh, again.

The last 10 minutes summed us up tonight, a bit desperate but still gutless, telling kasper to stay back was great for the goal difference no doubt.

Well, Miles was there tonight, alex.....

I didn't do any coming though.

****in hell. Chris Wood looked absolutely uninterested, unfit, and just plain shit. Konchesky gets more of the ball than any other player and wastes it. He also can't defend at all anymore. The midfield was incredibly static and one dimensional.

The substitutions showed a lack of bottle: take off Schlupp, leave on Wood? **** off.

Was surprised at the amount of empty seats last night !

****in hell. Chris Wood looked absolutely uninterested, unfit, and just plain shit. Konchesky gets more of the ball than any other player and wastes it. He also can't defend at all anymore. The midfield was incredibly static and one dimensional.

The substitutions showed a lack of bottle: take off Schlupp, leave on Wood? **** off.

You do need to be there in the flesh to witness just how inept NP can be don't you? I thought James and King did well considering they were hopelessly outnumbered in midfield in the first half. Second half, they just watched the ball as it was pumped over their heads. Pace and width is what you need against Watford and what do we do? Take off our pace and width.

You're spot on about Konchesky too. He had so much time in possession in good positions and his distribution and decision making were utter dogshite. Wood is a good striker if you play to his strengths. We've actually altered our play over the last few weeks in order to make him look like an awful player. It's almost as if our manager was purposefully trying to screw us. Nugent on the left wing? Seriously, I need to forget this miserable manager as quickly as possible.

Konchesky has been utter dogshite for about 3 months. He's been our worst player in this slump.

After all the talk about hordes of your lot buying tickets in the home ends at Forest and then not filling the KP for a crucial game.

Hardly surprising bearing in mind the last three months of turd we have been served up.

For those praying for an away win next week, don't bet your house on it. I just want this turgid, horrid, predictable season to end.

Please let it be today.

Nigel, mind that the door doesn't bang you on the arse on the way out.

To those who laughed at Lako, Brown Nose, TOF and me when we predicted this, do you still hold your view that NP is the man for the job?

More positive on here than I thought it would be. I thought Schlupp came off because he was awful and offered nothing to the game (not that the rest offered much more).

Let me add on or two other thoughts:

James and King are fine players, but overmatched against a certain style. Extra help in the middle is vital next year.

The fans were excellent throughout, I couldn't believe the team did a lap of honor though...talk about taking the piss.

While we may think our squad is leaner I can name 8 or so players off the top of my head that we are paying to do nothing;

Vardy, Waghorn, St Ledger, Danns, Beckford, Logan, Wellens, Gallagher.

Welcome to our miserable world

I certainly didn't stay to award the failures with applause. I was already on my way down the stairs when the announcement was given to stay in your seats for the glorious lap of honour. I shouted out "Feck Off" in a very, very loud voice, like some Bernie-like figure. It made me feel a lot better, despite the subsequent worried/puzzled look on my son's face.

He'll understand, in a few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570