Post Match Leicester 1 Watford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the positive side the owners will save around 45,000,000 Baht by not having to pay NP his (alledged but widely reported) promotion bonus. Perhaps a small investment in a ceremonial suppuku kukri for the managers wall . I know the wherabouts of such an item and can vouch for its effectiveness. I have used it many times when making a cowardly, facesaving but honourable exit.

Only Nigel Pearson and the Leicester board know what the manager's brief was for this season. If, as was widely speculated, the target was promotion at any cost, then it has been an unmitigated disaster: if the target was to reduce wages and team age, then it has been a partial success. Whatever the remit, a run from the beginning of February to the end of April, with only a couple of wins, must be considered to be more than 'a bad run'.

There you go TOF, a sensible, balanced post. You can do it after all :icon_wink

Yes it does, you were blaming Sven. It wasn't his fault they got signed up on over inflated contracts.

That wasn't my point, my point was that it isn't just an easy case of moving them on. Anyway, I thought the fault for all problems stopped at the manager? That's what people keep telling me.

I'm sure Macky will tell us.

I've carefully examined teh pixels and I can confirm that it is genuine, there really is Bentley's Roof logo on the pitch.

I would also like to say a heartfelt thanks to my wireless router in the sitting room for providing me with the facility to make this post.

The board signed up for those contracts, stop blaming Sven and start looking at the real problem with the club, owners with no real clue who have loaded the club with debt which they are making 8% interest on, sold out the fans to Sky TV and given no real direction.

I am beginning to think the appointment of Andrew Neville to his current position has been a total disaster. He's the man who controls the transfer negotiations. He appears perfectly competent to do his job as an administrator of a football but totally inept at negotiation. He's the one whose advised on creating such a complex problem as the wage inequality. He's the one who appears to have agreed astoronomical transfer fees for players not worth it (Nicky Hammond at Reading played him for a fool with Matt Mills). Worrying to say at the least. We will should have got someone with a track record to do such an important job.

The Thai's need to show some leadership. Whether it be with Pearson here or not.

Last edited:
Btw, I can now say in retrospective we always had this soft underbelly. Even during our better parts of the season, early losses at Charlton and Blackburn down to poor finishing. Similar stories at Bolton and Birmingham where we were the better side and applauded by their fans as the best side to visit. Forest at home we played like a nervous bunch of kids against a side totally devoid of any confidence.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think the appointment of Andrew Neville to his current position has been a total disaster. He's the man who controls the transfer negotiations. He appears perfectly competent to do his job as an administrator of a football but totally inept at negotiation. He's the one whose advised on creating such a complex problem as the wage inequality. He's the one who appears to have agreed astoronomical transfer fees for players not worth it (Nicky Hammond at Reading played him for a fool with Matt Mills). Worrying to say at the least. We will should have got someone with a track record to do such an important job.

The Thai's need to show some leadership. Whether it be with Pearson here or not.

I lost all respect for AN the day I questioned him about team choices and tactics and he told me that Wellens was the best player at the club and the supporters should shut up about changes, it seemed stupid for the only 'football man' on the board to refuse to acknowledge the genuine concerns of fans who watch the team every game.

Last edited:
He appears perfectly competent to do his job as an administrator of a football but totally inept at negotiation.
Well, if you have a ball boy doing your transfer market dealings, then you're doomed.

Btw, I can now say in retrospective we always had this soft underbelly. Even during our better parts of the season, early losses at Charlton and Blackburn down to poor finishing. Similar stories at Bolton and Birmingham where we were the better side and applauded by their fans as the best side to visit. Forest at home we played like a nervous bunch of kids against a side totally devoid of any confidence.

Totally agree with post posts. You're spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566