Post Match Leicester 1 Watford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the talk about hordes of your lot buying tickets in the home ends at Forest and then not filling the KP for a crucial game.
I can quite understand you revelling in our downfall if you are locked into a local emnity which hardly exists except for a few nutters these days but.....you could show some sense on other issues. Look you will have noticed that the game was on Sky. Let me explain the implications of that to you: it means that people don't need to get cold or if they haven't got season tickets pay for getting in. Gedit.

Also most Leicester folk sensed that this was a phoney promotion campaign and that we werent good enough to make it. Same as NFFC won't be going anywhere this season either. You have missed the boat. However you do have a better manager than us - and this needs rectifying.

From a Leicester perspective: Pearson sees out the season and hopefully goes. he should have gone at the international but the Thais stood by him or couldn't recruit anyone suitable (take your pick). Pearson isn't our worst ever manager - but he can't get the best out of players and I sense that there will be rejoicing amongst the players when he goes.

The club has achieved what i anticipated this season - i.e. very little. If he stays it will be the same next season. I don't know whether we deserve better - but the club is still underperforming and unless it wants to keep losing on ticket sales needs to act asap.

James and King are fine players, but overmatched against a certain style. Extra help in the middle is vital next year.
Agreed, in our last play-off season with Pearson we had a younger Wellens and Oakley helping King out, we need someone similar for next season.

The fans were excellent throughout, I couldn't believe the team did a lap of honor though...talk about taking the piss.
But why did it take until the last game for the fans to be like that? Also, if the players hadn't done a lap of honour you would have had large sections moaning "we've supported them through this shit all year and they couldn't even thank us, ****ing wankers". Damned if they do etc.

While we may think our squad is leaner I can name 8 or so players off the top of my head that we are paying to do nothing;

Vardy, Waghorn, St Ledger, Danns, Beckford, Logan, Wellens, Gallagher.

I believe Pearson and the board recognise this and have tried to do what they can to offload them, but thanks to Sven they are on wages no other club will pay and so are almost impossible to move on.

After all the talk about hordes of your lot buying tickets in the home ends at Forest and then not filling the KP for a crucial game.
Oh I see. Easy mistake to make. We have, as do all clubs, a hardcore of fans who will make sure they go to every away game, or as many as possible. There are of course also those who will never miss a match against Forest, no matter what. This accounts for the high demand for tickets to a match at the City Ground - I doubt that'll ever change. However, due to a combination of our ground being too big, overpriced tickets, supporter apathy because of routine disappointment and/or poor atmosphere, 80 per cent of our home matches being at ridiculous times and a million other reasons, we rarely have fewer than 10,000 empty seats at home games.

Short answer: away games are a better experience than home games.

Agreed, in our last play-off season with Pearson we had a younger Wellens and Oakley helping King out, we need someone similar for next season.

But why did it take until the last game for the fans to be like that? Also, if the players hadn't done a lap of honour you would have had large sections moaning "we've supported them through this shit all year and they couldn't even thank us, ****ing wankers". Damned if they do etc.

I believe Pearson and the board recognise this and have tried to do what they can to offload them, but thanks to Sven they are on wages no other club will pay and so are almost impossible to move on.

The board signed up for those contracts, stop blaming Sven and start looking at the real problem with the club, owners with no real clue who have loaded the club with debt which they are making 8% interest on, sold out the fans to Sky TV and given no real direction.

The board signed up for those contracts, stop blaming Sven and start looking at the real problem with the club, owners with no real clue who have loaded the club with debt which they are making 8% interest on, sold out the fans to Sky TV and given no real direction.

You are quite right - and as usual Matt B who is clearly a loyal and well meaning supporter is trapped in his own propaganda.

On Sven - hopeless, out of his comfort zone in the Championship, bad decisions but he's long been gone......in any business after a time the new management has to take all responsibility. This is not comfortable because its great to be able to blame past mis-management!

On the owneres: not football people, don't know about the game and it's not their main business. They needed the right advice...but I guess they don't feel too financially at risk because their accountants will ensure that overall their losses on LCFC are mitigated by the necessary procedures.

I'm more interested in the present. I've actively supported the club for 60 years and seen good times and bad. I'm confident that we are not on the right track - but there is an opportunity because of the Thais financial substance to change things. I just hope that they have enough motivation left to do it now.

When Watford **** up the playoffs and their entire squad ****s off to Italy can we sign that little Italian fella who did a cracking tactical job last night?

Hurrah!

When Watford **** up the playoffs and their entire squad ****s off to Italy can we sign that little Italian fella who did a cracking tactical job last night?

I think the game has moved on - and Zola represents the kind of manager in terms of background and experience that fits.

Pearson in contrast more of the dinosaur mode of football management. Mind you it's tricky because you can go all modern and finish up with the ruptured slug mode- remind me who we had a couple of managers back.

I can quite understand you revelling in our downfall if you are locked into a local emnity which hardly exists except for a few nutters these days but.....you could show some sense on other issues. Look you will have noticed that the game was on Sky. Let me explain the implications of that to you: it means that people don't need to get cold or if they haven't got season tickets pay for getting in. Gedit.

Also most Leicester folk sensed that this was a phoney promotion campaign and that we werent good enough to make it. Same as NFFC won't be going anywhere this season either. You have missed the boat. However you do have a better manager than us - and this needs rectifying.

From a Leicester perspective: Pearson sees out the season and hopefully goes. he should have gone at the international but the Thais stood by him or couldn't recruit anyone suitable (take your pick). Pearson isn't our worst ever manager - but he can't get the best out of players and I sense that there will be rejoicing amongst the players when he goes.

The club has achieved what i anticipated this season - i.e. very little. If he stays it will be the same next season. I don't know whether we deserve better - but the club is still underperforming and unless it wants to keep losing on ticket sales needs to act asap.

First paragraph - very well patronised sir:018: but I was simply remarking that on various Forest forums your bunch have proclaiming they are taking thousands into the home ends at Forest yet can't be arsed to attend a vital home game.

First paragraph - very well patronised sir:018: but I was simply remarking that on various Forest forums your bunch have proclaiming they are taking thousands into the home ends at Forest yet can't be arsed to attend a vital home game.

You are kidding yourself - there is no such thing as "you bunch". People like you want to stereotype supporters of so called "rival" clubs as all being daft. Most of the people who post on this forum are a bit more complicated than that - and I'm certain having worked there that Nottingham football folk are much the same.

They all want to see us put the final nail into your play-offs hope coffin

We all knew ours was planted six feet under several weeks ago

But the commentator said he was top last night, so that can't be right.

You are kidding yourself - there is no such thing as "you bunch". People like you want to stereotype supporters of so called "rival" clubs as all being daft. Most of the people who post on this forum are a bit more complicated than that - and I'm certain having worked there that Nottingham football folk are much the same.

Whoa there boy, take a chill pill. Simply a throwaway comment...

to put some at ease - at this moment i believe warnock doesn't want another management job. given a few months of playing golf - that might change but we would have 'stuck or twisted' by then. not getting promoted this season is not as disastrous as it will be next season. those coming down next season will have larger para payments and i expect FFP will cause us some problems in 2013/2014. we HAVE to get next season right if the current owners are prepared to stick with the 'project'.

the squad was good enough if the manager had been blessed with the tactical nouse of being able to plug the holes under the waterline feb/march rather than just rearranging the deckchairs. you cant play well all season and you cant be lucky all season. when the luck goes and the players drop their form - thats when a manager earns his money. ours demonstrably failed.

They all want to see us put the final nail into your play-offs hope coffin

We all knew ours was planted six feet under several weeks ago
A dozen games or so ago we were looking over our shoulders at the possibility of relegation so if we miss out - which we probably will, it's still been a cracking end to the season.

Last edited:
A totally wasted season imo. Poor signings by NP and poor tactics when the questions were asked . The inabilty to fight back and win games when struggling stands out this season.
The Players are not mentally strong enough, and we have a manager that completely and utterly fails to inspire. Can we real afford this man to be in our dugout in August ?
There is of course the argument for continuity, but after all the money spent and the fact the manager has been back here for about 18 months, we are still a very average team. Only one man to blame for that imo.

Fair enough, it doesn't change the point I was making though, does it?

Only Nigel Pearson and the Leicester board know what the manager's brief was for this season. If, as was widely speculated, the target was promotion at any cost, then it has been an unmitigated disaster: if the target was to reduce wages and team age, then it has been a partial success. Whatever the remit, a run from the beginning of February to the end of April, with only a couple of wins, must be considered to be more than 'a bad run'.

Ignoring my oft reported views on Nigel Pearson, he must surely give the board a better explanation than he has in interviews, as to what went wrong, and how he will ensure that it does not recur, should he wish to be in charge next season. I am certain that I am not alone in believing that it is going to take considerably greater effort to gain promotion next season, than this - when a paltry 70 points may be enough for the play-off's. I, personally, cannot see anything other than a new managerial appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566