Leicester 1 - WBA 4 (Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His goals/appearances record speaks for itself as our supposedly number one striker.

Fryatt (24)
2009 Championship, 12/27

Good in League 1, not good in the Championship.

So effectively 1 in 2 games isn't good enough for a striker? Especially when you consider two of those games (Boro and Cardiff play off at home) were when he just came back from injury and nowhere near fit.

Last edited:
Logan

shipped in 6 goals against Portsmouth
shipped in 4 goals against WBA

10 goals in total..... way to go Logan!

Logan

shipped in 6 goals against Portsmouth
shipped in 4 goals against WBA

10 goals in total..... way to go Logan!
So you think he'll keep his place against Preston?

Berner looked poor last night, started to see why Sven had signed a left back. Looked really slow. He didn't get much help from Gally though.

Fryatt didn't look interested to me, didn't work hard. I like the guy but i'd have thought if you come on as sub for 25 minutes you'd work as hard as possible to try and make sure you weren't sub the next game.

exactly! Howard runs his nuts off for 90 mins, gets yellow carded for arguing about a throw in, and yet certain people on here are defending Fryatt for having a 20 min stroll because he's 'not fit' or 'not confident' give me a break!

tbf without him the Pompey game would have ended in a cricket score .... err, a bigger cricket score.

are you his lover or something?

without any goalkeeper it would have been a cricket score!

Thats what the **** is paid to do, keep the ball out the ****ing net!

Last edited:
exactly! Howard runs his nuts off for 90 mins, gets yellow carded for arguing about a throw in, and yet certain people on here are defending Fryatt for having a 20 min stroll because he's 'not fit' or 'not confident' give me a break!

100% agree!! At the very least Howard shows passion and commitment, damn site more than Fryatt ever does! Fryatt is not the answer, too slow, dallys too much on the ball, is wasteful with passes, WTF do they do in training would love to know as they don't do any running or fitness work or practice scoring from corners.

exactly! Howard ... gets yellow carded for arguing about a throw in

I actually felt that was a huge turning point in the game-we had them on the ropes, and they were under pressure. Ridiculous decision, eased the pressure, they kept the ball for a couple of minutes and then Logan dropped that clanger, and that was pretty much that from then on.

You only have to look at the number of goals we've scored to see that neither Howard nor Fryatt are the answer to our problems ... 2 league goals each. So for all his huffing and puffing, Howard is no better that Fryatt.

So, 4 goals from our main strike force. No wonder we're where we are, and to be honest, with those two leading the line, I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future.

(I've not included Waghorn as he only joined part way through although he has 2 goals to his name already).

You only have to look at the number of goals we've scored to see that neither Howard nor Fryatt are the answer to our problems ... 2 league goals each. So for all his huffing and puffing, Howard is no better that Fryatt.

So, 4 goals from our main strike force. No wonder we're where we are, and to be honest, with those two leading the line, I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future.

(I've not included Waghorn as he only joined part way through although he has 2 goals to his name already).

Your not including Waghorn, even though he has started twice as many league games as Fryatt?

Ultimately though, I feel Fryatt and Waghorn will get plenty of goals in this league, given decent service. They haven't been getting that. And Howard is useful as an impact sub in my opinion

Ultimately though, I feel Fryatt and Waghorn will get plenty of goals in this league, given decent service. They haven't been getting that. And Howard is useful as an impact sub in my opinion

Hang on a minute, we've had more shots, more corners than any other team in this league, if fryatt and waghorn aren't getting the supply, who is missing all these frigging chances?

Hang on a minute, we've had more shots, more corners than any other team in this league, if fryatt and waghorn aren't getting the supply, who is missing all these frigging chances?
Pointless shots from outside the box a plenty I suspect.

We barely create any clear cut chances

What about the corners, granted some of them have been a crap cross, but enough have gone into the box for a decent forward to make something of.

As for the shots, I suspect there's been a lot of crap finishing, (Hull & Leeds league games most recently)

Your not including Waghorn, even though he has started twice as many league games as Fryatt?

Fair point, but even he's only scored 2.

Thank God for Andy King!!

Fryatt has barely played!!

I actually felt that was a huge turning point in the game-we had them on the ropes, and they were under pressure. Ridiculous decision, eased the pressure, they kept the ball for a couple of minutes and then Logan dropped that clanger, and that was pretty much that from then on.

Of course Logan dropped a clanger: he'd been ordered so to do if we looked too good. WBA had to score a sack full of goals so that they would be lulled into thinking that they don't need Miller, and let him come to us! (See, you can have a positive conspiracy theory!) :icon_bigg

I'll take one Fryatt over five Howards.

Problem is the system isn't built in a way to get the best out of Fryatt. He isn't built to lead a line alone, but has a proven goalscoring pedigree. He is in desperate need of a strike partner and if we are going to persist with 1 upfront, we might as well sell him.

I'll take one Fryatt over five Howards.

Problem is the system isn't built in a way to get the best out of Fryatt. He isn't built to lead a line alone, but has a proven goalscoring pedigree. He is in desperate need of a strike partner and if we are going to persist with 1 upfront, we might as well sell him.

Howard?
Waghorn?
N'Guessen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675