Post Match Leicester 1 West Ham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said that (or very similar) to anybody who was listening to his post-match interview on RL and FoxesPlayer.

I was listening and didn't hear any mention of an "internal investigation"

I was listening and didn't hear any mention of an "internal investigation"

He said it would be dealt with internally. And reading The Old Fox's post again, I would say that NP was not seeking to 'ramp the situation' - rather to calm it down.

Interesting that you brought up the Beckford incident because, I feel, that supports my view. I agree that Stringer asked the sensational question, but Pearson could have said that he would talk to Beckford, or whatever. Instead, he said that he had seen the incident too and would launch an internal investigation - ramping the situation, rather than killing it.

But Stringer had already blown it massively out of proportion during the game, before he even spoke to Pearson.

I think that there is ample evidence both this time round and last time round that Pearson hasn't got well honed political skills. To be fair that isn't the main attribute needed in his job - which is to win football matches. Lots of managers when they are pumped up after a disappointing result come out with statements that they need to row back on at some near future point and I guess that's what occured in the Beckford incident. Anyway, Pearson will have been aware that he's probably running out of people to fall out with before the spotlight turned on him

He needs support from everyone now to help him repair what I think is a difficult situation at the KP - i.e. how to quickly turn round the problems of an unbalanced squad which is also not the most motivated bunch in time for August. The club has tended to come across as confusing managing player media statements saying how hard they are trying and how they are going to show the rest of the league how good they are - with some semblance of reality. Good luck on that one Nigel.

I said this last time Pearson was manager. I don't care how he treats the press. I don't care what he says to the fans. All I care about is what happens on the pitch - the rest is just a sideshow for the entertainment industry and has absolutely no bearing on his ability as a football manager.

I said this last time Pearson was manager. I don't care how he treats the press. I don't care what he says to the fans. All I care about is what happens on the pitch - the rest is just a sideshow for the entertainment industry and has absolutely no bearing on his ability as a football manager.

Well said that man.

So where do you stand on Pearson then Dessie? Using that criteria.

So where do you stand on Pearson then Dessie? Using that criteria.

I stand right on his fingers - ouch! :icon_bigg

I think that Pearson, like all managers, needs a full season. I'm not a fan of some of his tactics, but I feel he might try to be more expansive if he thought he had the players to do it. We started out very solid in the League 1 season but we did play a 4-3-3 with more flair later in the season as we became more comfortable. After promotion to the Championship, it was back to basics, the same as it's been this season. I can see the logic in it, but I'd definitely like us to play more attractive football.

Ultimately, it's all about results though, innit? In that respect, so far... not so great. But if we're even remotely serious about getting promotion, we need to give someone the time to do it. Firing a manager after six months is usually a fairly stupid move. Changing managers mid season rarely works. And Nige has shown us he's capable. So we'd be mad to give him anything less than the whole of next season IMO. I just hope it can be more productive as well as more pleasing on the eye, which, after this season, probably isn't too much to ask.

Anyway, I live 5000 miles away and only see it on the telly, so you can safely ignore me as I know nothing. :icon_wink

Last edited:
He needs support from everyone now to help him repair what I think is a difficult situation at the KP - i.e. how to quickly turn round the problems of an unbalanced squad which is also not the most motivated bunch in time for August.

I suspect that the squad being unbalanced and/or unmotivated may have a lot to do with some outrageous contract wages offered by Sven to some players which are totally unreal for the Championship. Championship average = £5k/week, Premier League average = £25k/week. How many of our players are on £10k+/week?

I suspect that the squad being unbalanced and/or unmotivated may have a lot to do with some outrageous contract wages offered by Sven to some players which are totally unreal for the Championship. Championship average = £5k/week, Premier League average = £25k/week. How many of our players are on £10k+/week?

The Championship average is not £5k for any half-decent team.

You mean that the bottom teams drag the average down and that we should expect to pay more than that if we want to challenge for promotion?

Exactly.

There will be quite a gulf between the Coventrys/Doncasters and the any team that has realistic ambitions of promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669