Post Match Leicester 1 West Ham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we should give Pearson the whole of next year. We know what he can do, he showed it here before and showed it at Hull.

Not picking on you, honest: but, what can he do? Were either Leicester or Hull promoted? I know that this is likely to kick off again, but I genuinely do not get it.

I have been told how wonderful NP's signings were for Hull; I don't know enough about their team to argue one way, or the other but, at Leicester, it seems to have been a scatter gun approach and, when we signed Drinkwater, NP was quoted as saying that, at the time we loaned Tom Cleverley, we could have gone for either him or Drinkwater, and it was virtually decided on the toss of a coin: with that,the last dregs of my faith seeped away.

I think people are reading a little too much into a pointless end of season match, with nothing to play for.

If we had still been in with a chance of the play-offs I'm sure we would have seen a little more "umph" from the players.

The sort of "umph" we had at Millwall or at home to Bristol City, you mean?

I think people are reading a little too much into a pointless end of season match, with nothing to play for.

If we had still been in with a chance of the play-offs I'm sure we would have seen a little more "umph" from the players.

And I think not. They would have been just as useless.

Virtually everytime that we've had critical games this season and last season for that matter we have failed to turn up.

This was a relatively high profile game and an opportunity to showcase the club and do a bit of ceremonial damage to West Ham (ceremonial because Southampton will get promoted anyway). But once again we couldn't be arsed.

I don't blame the manager for the players' lack of motivation - Pearson is a committed individual. I don't think he's the most strategically aware manager we've ever had and his communication skills aren't the best - but i guess he would know himself that its difficult to get a response from this bunch. He tells the media that he can't fault them for effort - he knows that he's having a laugh when he says that.

And I think not. They would have been just as useless.

Virtually everytime that we've had critical games this season and last season for that matter we have failed to turn up.

This was a relatively high profile game and an opportunity to showcase the club and do a bit of ceremonial damage to West Ham (ceremonial because Southampton will get promoted anyway). But once again we couldn't be arsed.

I don't blame the manager for the players' lack of motivation - Pearson is a committed individual. I don't think he's the most strategically aware manager we've ever had and his communication skills aren't the best - but i guess he would know himself that its difficult to get a response from this bunch. He tells the media that he can't fault them for effort - he knows that he's having a laugh when he says that.

How on earth do you know what his communication to the players is like? Just because he doesn't humour the twonk that is Stringer, doesn't mean he can't communicate to people he has reason to respect.

How on earth do you know what his communication to the players is like? Just because he doesn't humour the twonk that is Stringer, doesn't mean he can't communicate to people he has reason to respect.

If you can contain yourself for just a moment - you will find that I wrote about his communication skills without specifically attributing them just to him speaking with the players. Pearson is not the best communicator -full stop. But he is the best manager currently in post at Leicester City and i can't imagine anyone better wanting the job.

Me jumping in for the two footed tackle (again!) :icon_bigg.

When Pearson talks to Radio Leicester, he is not talking to Ian Stringer, he is communicating with the fans. I, personally, don't think that Stringer is as bad as he is painted, but even if he is, Nigel Pearson, or any other manager, should be able to bring the conversation around to what he wants to say, and say it cogently.

When Pearson talks to Radio Leicester, he is not talking to Ian Stringer, he is communicating with the fans. I, personally, don't think that Stringer is as bad as he is painted, but even if he is, Nigel Pearson, or any other manager, should be able to bring the conversation around to what he wants to say, and say it cogently.

One of my design clients is a Hull fan and his mate is their football journalist and said that Pearson is the most difficult manager he has worked with. It's not just Stringer

Stringer is worse than some on here paint him, take a look at his twitter antics and you can see he is a childish fool. The whole Beckford incident at Peterborough was ramped up into something it never was by Stringer and Young and when challenged on it Stringer resorted to telling fans who were there and saw the incident that they 'don't watch the game like he does because he is paid to watch' and 'fans only follow the ball not the peripheral action' (the ball wasn't in play so what they'd be watching I don't know). It is quite obvious Pearson only talks to him because it is a contractual obligation.

Just watched the free DVD dished out after the game, at least we have some things to be proud of.

One of my design clients is a Hull fan and his mate is their football journalist and said that Pearson is the most difficult manager he has worked with. It's not just Stringer

When a journalist says something like that it often means the subject is hard to trap into saying something indiscreet!

Stringer is worse than some on here paint him, take a look at his twitter antics and you can see he is a childish fool. The whole Beckford incident at Peterborough was ramped up into something it never was by Stringer and Young and when challenged on it Stringer resorted to telling fans who were there and saw the incident that they 'don't watch the game like he does because he is paid to watch' and 'fans only follow the ball not the peripheral action' (the ball wasn't in play so what they'd be watching I don't know). It is quite obvious Pearson only talks to him because it is a contractual obligation.

Interesting that you brought up the Beckford incident because, I feel, that supports my view. I agree that Stringer asked the sensational question, but Pearson could have said that he would talk to Beckford, or whatever. Instead, he said that he had seen the incident too and would launch an internal investigation - ramping the situation, rather than killing it.

Interesting that you brought up the Beckford incident because, I feel, that supports my view. I agree that Stringer asked the sensational question, but Pearson could have said that he would talk to Beckford, or whatever. Instead, he said that he had seen the incident too and would launch an internal investigation - ramping the situation, rather than killing it.

He said any incidents would be handled in house after being asked about an incident, he then followed up later in the week by saying things had been blown out of all proportion and sent a deputy to the post match after the next game. I actually don't think Nigel listens to the questions very often as he thinks Stringer is a fool, this is however my own opinion.

Did he? When did he say that then? Who did he say any of that to?

He said that (or very similar) to anybody who was listening to his post-match interview on RL and FoxesPlayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669