Post Match Leicester 2 - 0 Bristol City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you say is still to prove the critics wrong?

I think that Vardy, Dyer and Moore are not quite playing at the standard of the rest of the squad.

Marshall has yet to hit the form that he showed at the end of last season.

And although they are squad players, De Laet, Whitbread and James all have something to prove.

Overall though, it's looking very positive for the season and future.

I wasn't sure about Moore at centre back either, but I think he's looked pretty good at right back.

I wasn't sure about Moore at centre back either, but I think he's looked pretty good at right back.

At centre back he was dug out of the shit a number of times by Morgan, I'm glad he's moved positions.

My second free game this season (season tickets for someone who was on hollibobs)... very impressed, the makings of a very good team there. Morgan in particular impressed me; commanding, no nonsense defender and just what we needed. Very positive vibes for the season.

Last edited:
I think that Vardy, Dyer and Moore are not quite playing at the standard of the rest of the squad.

Marshall has yet to hit the form that he showed at the end of last season.

And although they are squad players, De Laet, Whitbread and James all have something to prove.

Overall though, it's looking very positive for the season and future.

I think we know full well what we are going to get with Dyer. He will cause defenders problems with his pace. Because of this, he gives us an excellent outlet and is very difficult to stifle. For opposition players, he is one that always has to be watched because he can create problems from nothing. Occasionally his end product will be very good but it is often erratic. He works hard offensively and defensively. Overall, I think he is an excellent squad player and we would miss him hugely if he were not around. If we were to get promoted, I still think he would be a very useful squad player in the premier.

I don't feel silly at all. I would expect a large percentage of the fans questioned Pearson after the start we had to the season, especially the Burton game. Let's not dwell on proving people wrong or right though. Let's enjoy the fact that we are playing some super stuff and are top for the league (for a while at least!). The thing that I love the most is the fact that this team is so young and has still has room for improvement.

A large percentage of the fans looked at the performance of the team and saw that whilst results weren't going our way the signs were positive. The silly ones were panicking and calling for Pearson to be sacked!

Ipswich terrible. Cardiff workmanlike and nothing to be afraid of. The more this season unfolds, the more I think the quality of the championship is very average.

...the more I think the quality of the championship is very average.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. It's nearly always a very average league, especially so this season, with 20 teams that could be in the top 2 relatively easily. The key is just grinding out results consistently, which we now appear to be doing.

I think we know full well what we are going to get with Dyer. He will cause defenders problems with his pace. Because of this, he gives us an excellent outlet and is very difficult to stifle. For opposition players, he is one that always has to be watched because he can create problems from nothing. Occasionally his end product will be very good but it is often erratic. He works hard offensively and defensively. Overall, I think he is an excellent squad player and we would miss him hugely if he were not around. If we were to get promoted, I still think he would be a very useful squad player in the premier.

I don't disagree with any of that, but I think that he's more of a squad player (especially an impact sub) than the primary winger of a promotion winning team.

Ipswich terrible. Cardiff workmanlike and nothing to be afraid of. The more this season unfolds, the more I think the quality of the championship is very average.

It has been for as long as I can remember. The media refer to it as being a hard league to get out of which is taken by people who rarely watch games as meaning it's competitive in a good way. Those that watch the games will know that in reality the winners are the teams who are the least shite out of an average-shite bunch.

A large percentage of the fans looked at the performance of the team and saw that whilst results weren't going our way the signs were positive. The silly ones were panicking and calling for Pearson to be sacked!
I agree, calling for his head would have been a little silly. Though I think questioning his managerial ability would have been a thought for a large percentage of the fans.

It has been for as long as I can remember. The media refer to it as being a hard league to get out of which is taken by people who rarely watch games as meaning it's competitive in a good way. Those that watch the games will know that in reality the winners are the teams who are the least shite out of an average-shite bunch.
I think I was conned into thinking that Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves would be good sides this year. From what I have seen, they are poor to average at best.

I think I was conned into thinking that Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves would be good sides this year. From what I have seen, they are poor to average at best.

Yeah, I've heard many people say they expect Wolves to walk the division. I've never understood why unless you assume having been too shit for the Prem equals too good for the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669