Post Match Leicester 2 - 0 Bristol City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we know full well what we are going to get with Dyer. He will cause defenders problems with his pace. Because of this, he gives us an excellent outlet and is very difficult to stifle. For opposition players, he is one that always has to be watched because he can create problems from nothing. Occasionally his end product will be very good but it is often erratic. He works hard offensively and defensively. Overall, I think he is an excellent squad player and we would miss him hugely if he were not around. If we were to get promoted, I still think he would be a very useful squad player in the premier.
spot on. This.

What has impressed me most about Morgan in the games I've seen has been his distribution and ability with the ball at his feet. In that department he is a massive step up from Mills.

I too thought he was a big oaf, but he's been excellent so far.

I've said it before; Andy King is far too good for this league and we are dead lucky to still have him.

Other thoughts on Vardy? He's been a bit "Humesque" when I've seen him.

Great afternoon out, good performance across the team but i thought Drinkwater stood out for me. Knockaert is great to watch but DD put a really good shift in today alongside King who also impressed. Morgan immense, great moment 2nd half when he put his foot in, stood his ground and the Bristol player just seemed to bounce off him.

Who would you say is still to prove the critics wrong?
Kasper- I don't believe he's been criticised too much, but I think he has deficiencies. The 2 goals against Charlton (?) may be down to stud choice. The floated cross versus Wolves dropped around the 6yd box, there was time to claim. Small points but costly.

I wouldn't change him for anyone (t&cs apply). I'd like him to take a deep breath before he distributes a ball. I've only seen 2 games this season so there are others better placed to judge.

Kasper does have his faults, but if he didn't have them he wouldn't be playing for Leicester in the Championship. He's too good for this division as a shot stopper.

No, he's not the best distributer and can be a bit erratic going to collect/punch balls in the air at times, but you could say exactly the same about Shay Given.

Kasper is still one of the best keepers in the division imo.

Last edited:
King was terrific, his movement and reading of the game is wonderful, having Drinkwater next to him has helped him to rediscover the form he showed when we first brought Wellens in.

I love King.

It's nice to have an exciting home grown player, who's been at the club for a decent period of time.

Kasper- I don't believe he's been criticised too much, but I think he has deficiencies. The 2 goals against Charlton (?) may be down to stud choice. The floated cross versus Wolves dropped around the 6yd box, there was time to claim. Small points but costly.

I wouldn't change him for anyone (t&cs apply). I'd like him to take a deep breath before he distributes a ball. I've only seen 2 games this season so there are others better placed to judge.

Hard to criticise him at the moment but I would agree he is not yet a complete keeper. This should come with time...hopefully

Knocky should have had 2 goals today but faffed about too much and blew the chance. He played very well overall but sometimes he needs to do the simple thing rather than the magical. He reminds me on Spanky when he used to player 5-a-side with us, looks and arrogance ;)

Kasper does have his faults, but if he didn't have them he wouldn't be playing for Leicester in the Championship. He's too good for this division as a shot stopper.

No, he's not the best distributer and can be a bit erratic going to collect/punch balls in the air at times, but you could say exactly the same about Shay Given.

Kasper is still one of the best keepers in the division imo.

IMO he is the best shot-stopper in this division, but as you said, he can't claim crosses or corners and his distribution quite poor tbh, but in my eyes he is by far the best shot stopper in this league.

Knocky should have had 2 goals today but faffed about too much and blew the chance.

Especially that one near the end. All he had to do was shoot but no, he wanted to dribble past two defenders first! He's a talent alright that boy.

Can anybody confirm the words of the new chant for him? L2 weren't quite clear enough in their enunciation to be heard on the Kop.

It was (to the tune of Achy-Breaky Heart)

Don't sell Knockaert (mispronounced),
Anthony Knockaert (mispronounced),
I just Don't Think you'll understand,
That if you sell Knockaert (mispronounced),
Anthony Knockaert (mispronounced),
You're going to have a riot on your hands.

I didn't really get that song, what is the not selling him bit all about? When was the suggestion we were going to sell him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669