Leicester 2 Blackpool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether Pearson was protecting Fryatt and Howard with a view to the Peterborough game. We don't know whether Fryatt is fully over his ankle problem but we do know that Howard is in the later stages of his career. I was interested that Howard was replaced by Waghorn (who almost immediately got a rollocking from Pearson) and not by the Frenchman.
It may not be significant but whereas Pearson warmly greeted Howard and Fryatt when they came off Lloyd Dyer was pointedly ignored.
I cannot agree with those who praise Brown. When a centrehalf gifts a soft goal to the other side it takes a lot to convince me he has played well. I was surprised that neither Tunchev or Morrison were on the bench.

Was out all day so couldn't listen to the match but great to be back to winning ways. Top 6 in this division after half a dozen matches - for the first time since 02/03 I reckon??

No.

tbh I can't believe the idiot waved back....what on earth did he think the response would be to that?

There could've been chants thorough the game towards him(and damn well deserved imo) but instead of making him the focus of the game, the majority of songs sung towards the dug-out were to Pearson.

The little tosser is best ignored imo!

Can you explain why you love it. Don't you think it sounds offensive and bad mannered.

I agree, I thought it was unneccessary. There were quite a few children near where I was sitting and I think this sets a poor example to them.

I thought hearing the whole ground chanting "Nigel Pearson's Blue Army" probably did a better job of letting Olly know how much we didn't miss him.

I agree, I thought it was unneccessary. There were quite a few children near where I was sitting and I think this sets a poor example to them.

I thought hearing the whole ground chanting "Nigel Pearson's Blue Army" probably did a better job of letting Olly know how much we didn't miss him.

The chants of "One Nigel Pearson" after Ollie waved on one occassion seemed in a lot better spirit to me too.

Last edited:
No.

tbh I can't believe the idiot waved back....what on earth did he think the response would be to that?

There could've been chants thorough the game towards him(and damn well deserved imo) but instead of making him the focus of the game, the majority of songs sung towards the dug-out were to Pearson.

The little tosser is best ignored imo!

As usual his personal behaviour was exemplary which is more than could be said of some of his management decisions. If he had not waved back there would have been complaints that he was boorish. As it worked out he was not the boorish one.

Honestly !

What a silly thing to suggest, are you suggesting a ban on all swear words within football chants?

Whatever next?

Oh dear Kingy you are getting in a mess in this thread.
At no point does Merchant Banker or anyone else but you mention banning anyone. Merchant Bankers point is that the people involved in one particular chant were setting a bad example. My point is that Ian Holloway responded politely to the chant and the response was boorish.
Is Merchant Banker wrong and were they setting a good example? Was I wrong? Presumqably you are do not feel that Ian Holloway's response was boorish and that the chanters were the ones being polite.

Oh dear Kingy you are getting in a mess in this thread.
At no point does Merchant Banker or anyone else but you mention banning anyone. Merchant Bankers point is that the people involved in one particular chant were setting a bad example. My point is that Ian Holloway responded politely to the chant and the response was boorish.
Is Merchant Banker wrong and were they setting a good example? Was I wrong? Presumqably you are do not feel that Ian Holloway's response was boorish and that the chanters were the ones being polite.

Im not in a mess at all, what a strange thing to suggest.

Its all part of the match day experience, has been since i was a kid and i wouldnt want it changed nor complain about it, its harmless banter.

The English football crowd has always had a good sense of humour and this was a perfect example. Thats why i loved it.

Ian Holloway is big enough to take it.

Considering how bad he performed as Leicester manager hes lucky he wasnt called worse.

Brown may have been at fault for their goal, but that does not mean he did not otherwise play a great game and prevented Blackpool from having any other real chances at goal. Fryatt and Howard both missed good chances to score but they still both had good games.

Anyway Dave, i reckon you were at the wrong ground today!

Never in my life have i heard a football fan use the word "Boorish"

It has been a learning experience for both of us. In your previous post you referred to Ian Holloway as "big" - I have never heard that word used about him before.
Anyway I am all in favour of the "good humour" and "harmless banter" that you mention in the previous post and I look forward to enjoying it against Peterborough.

I don't think he's fully fit. Seems strange of Bulgaria to just drop him from a squad of 24 without reason.

Knowitall said he's been told unless he's getting first team football he won't be picked. Whether or not that's linked to an injury or lack of fitness isn't clear.

Knowitall said he's been told unless he's getting first team football he won't be picked. Whether or not that's linked to an injury or lack of fitness isn't clear.

Has this person mentioned the fact that Tunchev is actually injured.

Anyway.....thought first half was pretty even, they looked a threat at times, but second half, we controlled the game with Wellens & Oakley (MoM) outstanding...again. Never particularly like to see Howard come off but could see what NP was trying to do and it turned out ok so fair enough.

I didn't hear radio leicester post match coverage because I was drinking in the win but a mate texted me and said that Ollie refused to give Radio Lesta a post match interview.

For my tuppence I would have (a fit) Tunchev in the side ahead of Brown (whose distribution is awful and is prone to errors), that said I'd give Brown the nod ahead of Morrison.

I thought we won without playing that well to be honest. Neilson is far too slow, and i don't really see what N'Guessan offers to the team. Wellens was superb and Oakley a close second, and i also thought King did a decent job of keeping possession when he came on-he never did anything fancy or creative, but he never gave the ball away which is a vital thing when holding on to a narrow lead.

My only dissapointment was Yann didn't come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669