Post Match Leicester 2 bournemouth 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t be the only one that thinks Maguire is suspect positionally and prone to a defensive error?

I’m not ****ing mad am I?

Waltz into almost back four in Europe?

It’s bizarre we haven’t kept more clean sheets with him in the side.

I’m assuming some people missed the point of Jeff’s post? Sleaford Mods are quality.

I've never been to Sleaford.

Don't. I've only passed through a few times, usually around kicking out time on a Friday night, there was always a bloody great fight going on in the middle of the town with the boys in blue caught in the middle.

[/QUOTE]
I guess Manchester United, Arsenal, Manchester City, Liverpool and the like will be sniffing around him because of his inability to improve them defensively.

If Maguire was Jamaican then non of those teams would be as interested.

I can’t be the only one that thinks Maguire is suspect positionally and prone to a defensive error?

All defenders are prone to errors. It's part and parcel of the position really. Yes, I think he would get into far more European defences than not because he is a fantastic player.

The fact we haven't kept more clean sheets is probably down to the ineptitude of how we set up earlier in the season or the fact our left back is defensively suspect, or the fact our right back is also defensively weak at times or the fact that our combination of CBs no matter who they are have all made errors. Using this as an example of how Maguire is a poor defender makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. We brought Morgan from a team that leaked goals for fun, does that mean he's no good either?

If Maguire was Jamaican then non of those teams would be as interested.
What the actual ****.....? Absolutely mental.
[/QUOTE]

English defenders seem to command huge fees and often because their abilities are massively inflated, just take a look at Keane at Everton.

That coupled with the home grown quota means they go for way more than value.

Maguire is nowhere near some top European defenders, if you think he is then you don't watch any European football.

Young English players are inflated so far above their abilities it's ridiculous, hence the reason these supposed players that would walk into any team in Europe win **** all on the international stage.

He really, really, really isn't. I mean...

I just....

What the..... Oh forget it.

Morgan is more defensively minded than Maguire. For that, and especially in THAT season, he was a better defender that Maguire.
Is he a better all round footballer? Nope.

And to claim that Maguire is better just because United are sniffing. He hasn’t won the league has he? Morgan has...

Agree. I think Maguire is a bit like Mills in certain aspects. Along with his obvious quality, which I’m not doubting, he’s very much a Tv footballer and loves going forward.
Defensively - Morgan is more predictable, which surely is what’s required in that position?

Maguire could grow into an exceptional centre back - but only if he learns to play with his centre half pairing more effectively. That - IMO - is his weakness.

He’s a much better player than I’ll ever be though !!!!

English defenders seem to command huge fees and often because their abilities are massively inflated, just take a look at Keane at Everton.

That coupled with the home grown quota means they go for way more than value.

Maguire is nowhere near some top European defenders, if you think he is then you don't watch any European football.

Young English players are inflated so far above their abilities it's ridiculous, hence the reason these supposed players that would walk into any team in Europe win **** all on the international stage.
I couldn't care less how much English defenders do or don't cost in the transfer market. I don't use that as a yardstick by which to measure quality. I use what I see. There are plenty of European defenders better than him, but then I didn't say there wasn't. I said he'd get into far more defences in Europe than not. Its not a difficult concept to wrestle with really, is it?

He will have plenty of suitors because he is a great player. He had plenty of attention during and after the WC because he was excellent. He has plenty of admirers in the media because they can see his obvious quality. None of this is coincidence.

I can't quite believe I'm having to defend any notion of Maguire being a good defender and a great player given what we have seen from him and the buzz around him and possible huge money moves this summer but sadly, it doesn't surprise me.

English, Jamaican or Martian, he'd still be a great player and he'd still be in high demand. His cost may be different but his quality and the amount of clubs who'd love him on their books certainly wouldn't be.

This argument is about as pointless as who’s better - Messi or Ronaldo.

We should be grateful that we have both of these centre backs, who are great in their own different ways.

But Morgan should 100% start the next game with Evans. He can’t be dropped after his last two games.

Okay look, I know that was our first clean sheet in nearly three months but Maguire is suddenly Matt ****in Mills? Have a word.

I couldn't care less how much English defenders do or don't cost in the transfer market. I don't use that as a yardstick by which to measure quality. I use what I see. There are plenty of European defenders better than him, but then I didn't say there wasn't. I said he'd get into far more defences in Europe than not. Its not a difficult concept to wrestle with really, is it?

Not difficult at all, completely meaningless yes, but difficult to understand, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263