Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems way down the pecking order now doesn't he? Admittedly, less worrying if the others can score, like tonight.
Shame to see him ousted though.

Surely Schlupp needs to head out on loan or something too?

Moore dropped completely too. Which, when you look at the bench makes some sense I suppose, though I'm not sure we need 3 strikers.

What morons? The ones who are calling for Pearson to be sacked? If the answer to this last question is 'Yes' then may I say that I want Pearson to be sacked and, biased as I may be, I do not consider myself a moron.

Much needed result and well done to the lads on coming back from going behind. Let's hope both Vardy and Nugent can go on a run of scoring in consecutive games.

Anybody who wants a manager sacked after 5 games of a new season I consider to be a moron and represents everything that is wrong with modern football.

Anybody who wants a manager sacked after 5 games of a new season I consider to be a moron and represents everything that is wrong with modern football.

Yup. One fan was screaming at the ref for not making a decision quickly enough. Typical of the lack of patience some people today.

everyone screaming for us to win games when we don't play well, should be happy

After nervously listening to foxesplayer Stringer annoys me with his "ker knock ert" youngy makes me smile saying studs up tackles are ok sounded like SSL was solid and we kept the ball and saw out the game well for a change, did they really bust the net with thier goal? Teamtalk for Hull at the start tell the players were 1-0 down we might get a first half goal!!!

As poor a first half as I have seen for some time. Utterly hopeless

The much needed support for the two midfield duffers in the second half changed everything, but we still were still very lucky to get the three points.

Bringing on Dyer was very effective - unfortunately balanced out by having the hapless and hopeless Waghorn come on as well.

The result was everything tonight, which is a very good thing indeed

Horribly tedious game. Two poor sides with little to offer and who can only aspire to mid table mediocrity. A crowd devoid of passion and any sense of excitement.

We scored two pretty fortunate goals in that one was a mis-kick and the other deflected. We created precious little else.

Morgan was excellent, nobody else impressed. Drinkwater and James lack any sort of presence in midfield. Anyone with any sense can bully us off the ball and dominate us in the air. I'm sure Steve Bruce will be better prepared than the fool managing Burnley because we were there for the taking.

Sorry, but that result cannot overshadow the bleeding obvious. NP is a dead man walking. Only a matter of time. I'd do it now and put the team out of its misery. The Thai's didn't even bother to turn up though so who knows what they make of things.

How that arse Young can give the man of the match to anyone but Morgan is beyond me. He was the only one defending for a lot of the time.

Horribly tedious game. Two poor sides with little to offer and who can only aspire to mid table mediocrity. A crowd devoid of passion and any sense of excitement.

We scored two pretty fortunate goals in that one was a mis-kick and the other deflected. We created precious little else.

Morgan was excellent, nobody else impressed. Drinkwater and James lack any sort of presence in midfield. Anyone with any sense can bully us off the ball and dominate us in the air. I'm sure Steve Bruce will be better prepared than the fool managing Burnley because we were there for the taking.

Sorry, but that result cannot overshadow the bleeding obvious. NP is a dead man walking. Only a matter of time. I'd do it now and put the team out of its misery. The Thai's didn't even bother to turn up though so who knows what they make of things.

Cheer up, we won!

Spot on Homer. Two luck goals are just a bit of luck evening things out. Neither would have made it past a decent goalie.

The midfield was woeful in defence and deLait always too far upfield to defend properly. It is worrying that we do not have much option here. Did he really play for MUFC?

It is going to be a long season, and Morgan definitely MotM.

I totally agree with your thoughts regarding Pearson's future. But then again we are both morons so we would think alike.

I guess I never got the memo when I chose to be a football fan that said I should always see the positives, and only the positives, even when I don't see many and I must always be upbeat after a game, win, lose or draw.

I don't want Pearson to be sacked after just 5 games of a new season. I want Pearson to be sacked after more than half a season of matches and a summer of terrible (my opinion) squad building. However, those with any kind of different opinion on the situation are totally entitled to it and their opinion is equally as valid as mine.

I am wary of calling other people names for disagreeing with me - it can be embarrassing if they turn out to be right.

Whenever I have worked closely with someone it has not taken more than a month to tell whether they are up to the job or not.

I believe after a close season and five weeks into a new season is a good time to make a decision on a manager. I think the sacking of Martin Allen and Paulo Sousa was right. If after five games and a close season you have a manager who seems to know what he is doing then you show patience even if the immediate results are poor; after all Ferguson had poor results when he began at Man U. If a manager does not know what he is doing - get rid.

That does not mean that I want Nigel Pearson out - I don't.

Back to the match.

It was nice to see both our strikers score even if neither was a great goal.

News from the dugout. Pearson was very annoyed with Nugent first half for playing too deep. Marshall appeared to be limping when he came off. The greeting Beckford gave to Nugent when he came off suggested they had a bond; no sign of "mardiness" from Beckford. Nigel was extremely displeased with Waghorn for falling down when he had a good chance in the closing minutes so was I.

The way we kept the ball during the time added on was impressive; great composure.

Can somebody who was behind Kasper's goal tell me about an incident around the 85th minute. He seemed to make a brilliant save tipping the ball round the post but the referee gave a goal kick. The Burnley players did not complain so clearly I saw it wrongly.

Finally I would not have wanted to sit next to Patterson on a coach all the way back to Burnley - he moaned about everything in the match.

Can somebody who was behind Kasper's goal tell me about an incident around the 85th minute. He seemed to make a brilliant save tipping the ball round the post but the referee gave a goal kick. The Burnley players did not complain so clearly I saw it wrongly

I wasn't behind the goal but I assume you are referring to the shot that hit he post and wasnt saved by Kasper.

Mediocrity is not acceptable! the trouble is np is so scared of losing a game he only lets his players out of a defensive system when were 2-0 down.
Why tf are we not starting with confidence that we can overpower any opposition and score enough goals to put a game to bed by 60 mins! we'd play like this if up against a 'Top Team'.
I wanna see more Passion, more Energy and more Confidence!!!
OH Yeah, that means more GOALS!!!!! whoahwhoah LCFC!
Best form of Defence is Attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670