Post Match Leicester 2 Hull 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyable game. We defended well for a change, especially Peltier and Morgan who have both looked poor in recent away games.

Schmeichel's decision making was questionable again today. He needs to keep his head and just because he can pick out a kick really well sometimes, doesn't mean that he should do it always.

The decision to play Nugent wide and Marshall behind Beckford looked a bit weird early on but it paid off. Dyer was excellent. I also thought that Beckford led the line better than any other time I've seen him. He's such a confidence player that he looks so great when playing well and so awful when he's not.

As for the Danns red card, I thought it was a 50-50 challenge that both players went in for recklessly but honestly. If the Hull player had won the ball, would he have got the red? I don't get it to be honest. The only reason the ref sent him off was the reaction of Rosenior. The same scumbag that broke Cunningham's leg last season.

As for the prospects for this season, I've got a sneaky suspicion that we're going to get really close and miss out by a result. The remaining fixtures are interesting and we could get to 70 points but it won't be enough.

Nwets was in attendance today. He was in a corporate box though so not a proper fan!

Why have people already given up hope on this season? I sure as hell haven't, I know we're inconsistent but still, we're in with a decent chance..

I admire your faith and confidence and I'm not knocking it at all...but a decent chance? no way, if anything we have an outside chance. Plenty of teams above us that have to mess up for us to sneak in the back door.

Good evening everyone,another good result today well done lads unfortunatley we conceded another goal.I must condone nigel pearson's action to neil danns sending off when he patted him on the back when he walked passed.:icon_cool

Last edited:
Good evening everyone,another good result today well done lads unfortunatley we conceded another goal.I must condone nigel pearson's action to phil danns sending off when he patted him on the back when he walked passed.:icon_cool

Erm, who?

What exactly do you condone about his actions?

con·done/kənˈdōn/
Verb:
Accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.
Approve or sanction (something), esp. with reluctance.

Good evening everyone,another good result today well done lads unfortunatley we conceded another goal.I must condone nigel pearson's action to neil danns sending off when he patted him on the back when he walked passed.:icon_cool

Must have been pleased with Danns Pasts during the game:bang:

Didn't see Danns challenge for the red card, so can't really comment.

However, I had a very good view of the two footed tackle on Dyer near the right hand touchline just before the sending off. I still can't understand why there was no card, or even a free-kick.

That's what I was advising the ref on (apologies to those sitting around me) when Danns was sent off.

From the North Stand I didn't think it was a sending off, on replay it looks a lot worse, no point appealing against it. For this game it seemed to work to our advantage and galvanised the players. Not sure what we're gonna do for Forest with another CM out though. Bamba was pretty frightening in that position when he came on, a few great moments and a few heart-in-the-mouth ones, not sure I fancy him playing there for a full 90 minutes.

Dyer and Beckford were excellent today. Peltier had one of his best games for a while. Drinkwater should have scored. Nice to see Hopper on the bench. Crowd were good. It's nice to have a bit of atmosphere at home finally.

(Best overheard comment of the day "That Gallagher is playing shit")

Last edited:
I thought the attitude of the team when they were down to ten men was excellent.

In a way the Hill fans were their own worst enemies. They brought an edge to the game to which the Leicester fans responded superbly. When we were down to ten men there was a feeling of injustice and a desire for us to hold on that must have helped the players.

Whatever Pearson says in public I am sure he felt a personal satisfaction in shutting up those Hull fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669