Post Match Leicester 2 Middlesbrough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last twenty years, only two teams (Reading 2006 and Fulham 2001) have got to 60 points faster than we have this season. Reading won the league with 106 points and Fulham won it with 101 points.

We've got five points more than we had the last time we got promoted in 2003. That season we ended up with 92.

In twenty years, the average points required to finish in the top two is 82. The highest was 91 and the lowest 75. 88 points would have earned automatic promotion in each of the last fifteen seasons.

Our average points return this season is 2.22 per game. We require 1.47 per game in order to achieve 88 points. This would require remaining results like eight wins, four draws and seven defeats. In other words, extremely average form will be enough. Even our terrible form from last season saw us take 21 points from the final 19 games. In five of the last six seasons, even this level of form to the finish would result in automatic promotion.

It is inconceivable to imagine realistic circumstances where promotion will not be achieved from this position. It would also be unprecedented.

Whilst I wouldn't be saying anything in public, behind the scenes we ought to be preparing for a Premier League season in 2014/15.

So..... let's party!!!

Brilliant post.

For some reason there was an incident at the tail end of the match that really wound me up, and I hadn't been drinking.
Our corner, 2 of their players had head injuries.
Game rightly stopped.
2 trainers come on.
1 player gets up without treatment, the other gets treatment.

A few minutes later, player gets up and jogs up the pitch to resume playing.
What got me was that the ref never enforced the player, that had treatment, to go off the pitch and wait to be called back on.
First time I've seen this oversight since the ruling came in.

On De Laet's goal, Stringer said he had a free header.
Bollox, he stuck his head in where the defender didn't want to go, bloody good header.
As regards the first, ball didn't go fully out, but it must have been controversial as the big screens didn't show the replay :)

Agreed. A free header is when no-one challenges you. De Laet had to fight to get through the defender to get to the ball.

De Laet can be bloody proud of that effort.

Stringer talking absolute gash, as usual.

Cracking header that from RDL

impossible to tell from the angle on the highlights if the ball had gone out for Vardy's or not. Well worked goal though.

Only 'highlight' from the first half was Moore's injury! Must've been exciting for the people there...

As much as I don't want Liam Moore injured, I'm kind of glad. If Fulham keep increasing their bid, I don't think he would stay as we would be tempted to cash in. So him being injured for the next few weeks I won't be too disappointed with because he's still a blue. Also I feel we have a good enough squad to cope with his injury (Miquel and Wasyl).

As much as I don't want Liam Moore injured, I'm kind of glad. If Fulham keep increasing their bid, I don't think he would stay as we would be tempted to cash in. So him being injured for the next few weeks I won't be too disappointed with because he's still a blue. Also I feel we have a good enough squad to cope with his injury (Miquel and Wasyl).

I hope you´re right, although I suspect that interested parties might be indifferent to this type of injury & still be ready to pay up, in order to have him in their squad for the end of this season AND the start of the next.

I am also wondering if Kasper would be able to say no to a potential move to the theater of silence (following in his fathers´footsteps) or to AC/DC:017:

I hope you´re right, although I suspect that interested parties might be indifferent to this type of injury & still be ready to pay up, in order to have him in their squad for the end of this season AND the start of the next.

I am also wondering if Kasper would be able to say no to a potential move to the theater of silence (following in his fathers´footsteps) or to AC/DC:017:
Kasper is good but not good enough for their level.

Kasper is good but not good enough for their level.

Yeah and I'm not sure Kasper would want to go somewhere he'd be second choice... although it's possible at AC Milan he wouldn't be?

I did think the same about Liam Moore though.
Hopefully we can keep hold of everyone! I think Moore will stay by now, but think he'll be gone by this time next year.

Yeah and I'm not sure Kasper would want to go somewhere he'd be second choice... although it's possible at AC Milan he wouldn't be?

I did think the same about Liam Moore though.
Hopefully we can keep hold of everyone! I think Moore will stay by now, but think he'll be gone by this time next year.

I've watched a bit of AC Milan recently and they've had two different keepers in the last few games. Abbiati conceded 4 away at Sassuolo and didn't cover himself in glory. Today they were away at Cagliari with Amelia in goal, who made an absolute howler of a clearance and Cagliari scored.

So I would imagine they aren't too fond of their keepers recently, either of them. I can't believe they won't be in the market with some of their dismal displays recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669