Post Match Leicester 2 Middlesbrough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, BN's summary reflects my own view. I actually though Konchesky was the quickest to adapt to the conditions in the first half and twigged early on that longer balls were the way to go. Drinkwater didn't get it at all and continued trying to play short stuff well in to the second half, even after he'd seen a few just stand in the water. I was pretty pissed off when he tried to roll the ball in front of Vardy in the first half and, predictably, the ball didn't carry. A well-executed ball over the top and behind Boro's defence would have seen Vardy one-on-one with Given.

36 points clear of relegation. I suspect we're safe :icon_lol:

And my usual moan about the catering - this time they posted up a scribbled note as I was half way down the queue at half time to say there were no hot drinks. There was already a printed one saying no Singha beer. Shambles.

I was glad I wasn't sitting near the front as the rain was blowing a long way into the stands.

But the cold, rain, and lack of hot choc were worth putting up with :038:

It should be pointed out that when Middlesbrough had possession Leicester closed down their attacking options so they could do little with it. This is something Leicester are very good at.

The applause for Vichai and Top was a nice idea. I imagine it will be some time before Man U fans applaud the Glazers or Cardiff fans applaud Vincent Tan.

Well done to Shane Given who reacted immediately to the Moore injury by gesturing frantically toward the Leicester bench.

The pitch made it difficult to judge wing play. However, in the short time he was on Mahrez played intelligently and did not look out of place.

Nigel had no doubt seen the weather forecast and stayed in the dry. He left getting soaked to his underlings Shakespeare and Stowell. Mike Stowell yelled at Knockaert to congratulate him for keeping the shape. Knockaert gave him a baffled look that suggested "If I am in the right position this is completely unintentional."

Middlesbrough had an irritating coach who was small with a dark beard. I believe he was Mahnmoud Ahmadnejad the former President of Iran. Anyway Ahmadnejad was no incensed by Leicester's first goal (an Israeli plot no doubt) that I thought Mike Stowell was going to hit him.

It should be pointed out that when Middlesbrough had possession Leicester closed down their attacking options so they could do little with it. This is something Leicester are very good at.

The applause for Vichai and Top was a nice idea. I imagine it will be some time before Man U fans applaud the Glazers or Cardiff fans applaud Vincent Tan.

Well done to Shane Given who reacted immediately to the Moore injury by gesturing frantically toward the Leicester bench.

The pitch made it difficult to judge wing play. However, in the short time he was on Mahrez played intelligently and did not look out of place.

Nigel had no doubt seen the weather forecast and stayed in the dry. He left getting soaked to his underlings Shakespeare and Stowell. Mike Stowell yelled at Knockaert to congratulate him for keeping the shape. Knockaert gave him a baffled look that suggested "If I am in the right position this is completely unintentional."

Middlesbrough had an irritating coach who was small with a dark beard. I believe he was Mahnmoud Ahmadnejad the former President of Iran. Anyway Ahmadnejad was no incensed by Leicester's first goal (an Israeli plot no doubt) that I thought Mike Stowell was going to hit him.
:icon_lol:

Who's Shane Given though?

If you're genuinely interested, I've made a few posts explaining my thoughts over recent months. In general terms, I praise us when we merit it and I criticise when it's due too.

NP has surprised me no end this season because he's doing things he's never done before and they're for the better (varying formations when appropriate, being more aware of the opposition, recruiting street-wise, experienced players). He did totally lose the plot last season and my faith in him disintegrated as a result. But he's changed and, as a result, my view of him has changed too.

That said, we've had quite a lot of luck this season in terms of penalties, lack of injuries, etc. And I still don't like him, but I do now respect him. Most managers couldn't do what he's done this season.

Anyway, stay tuned as I imagine that I may well be one of the first calling for his dismissal if he proves to be out of his depth in the Premier League next year. :icon_wink

Every penalty I've seen for us this year has been legit I think. Mainly through Vardy being too bloody quick for the opposition; he always gets the ball just before they do.

I'd like to see us go for Shay Given if Kasper leaves.

edit* - Infact I'd like to see us go for him anyway.

Last edited:
Totally shitty shit first half in which we completely failed to cope with the pitch. We were feckin' awful. In fact we weren't that good.

Rain stopped. Pitch dried a bit. We came out for the second half and were excellent.
Vardy and James outstanding. Knocky and Nugent close behind. Most others played very, very well. All apart from Konchesky, of course, who was complete and utter shit
Don't need to post anything now

James easily MOTM

Liam Moore tweeted Konchesky: Scans told me different mate. Gutted.

Sounds like he might have broken something, although Stringer thinks differently according to his post after Liam's.

Stringer: So no broken bones for Liam Moore, I'll ask Nigel re his availability for Brum on Monday.

So by my maths we can achieve 7 wins, 6 draws and 6 losses between now and the end of the season (average 1.5 points per game) and still achieve 87 points - enough for auto promotion in any of the last 10 seasons.
Seems eminently achievable given that we have two very winnable games in the next week.

Last edited:
Out of all the games I have ever been to, all the things I've ever seen, all the places I've ever been to. I wish above all else I could have got to this one and rung my dad afterwards to let him know how we got on.

Over the last twenty years, only two teams (Reading 2006 and Fulham 2001) have got to 60 points faster than we have this season. Reading won the league with 106 points and Fulham won it with 101 points.

We've got five points more than we had the last time we got promoted in 2003. That season we ended up with 92.

In twenty years, the average points required to finish in the top two is 82. The highest was 91 and the lowest 75. 88 points would have earned automatic promotion in each of the last fifteen seasons.

Our average points return this season is 2.22 per game. We require 1.47 per game in order to achieve 88 points. This would require remaining results like eight wins, four draws and seven defeats. In other words, extremely average form will be enough. Even our terrible form from last season saw us take 21 points from the final 19 games. In five of the last six seasons, even this level of form to the finish would result in automatic promotion.

It is inconceivable to imagine realistic circumstances where promotion will not be achieved from this position. It would also be unprecedented.

Whilst I wouldn't be saying anything in public, behind the scenes we ought to be preparing for a Premier League season in 2014/15.

Over the last twenty years, only two teams (Reading 2006 and Fulham 2001) have got to 60 points faster than we have this season. Reading won the league with 106 points and Fulham won it with 101 points.

We've got five points more than we had the last time we got promoted in 2003. That season we ended up with 92.

In twenty years, the average points required to finish in the top two is 82. The highest was 91 and the lowest 75. 88 points would have earned automatic promotion in each of the last fifteen seasons.

Our average points return this season is 2.22 per game. We require 1.47 per game in order to achieve 88 points. This would require remaining results like eight wins, four draws and seven defeats. In other words, extremely average form will be enough. Even our terrible form from last season saw us take 21 points from the final 19 games. In five of the last six seasons, even this level of form to the finish would result in automatic promotion.

It is inconceivable to imagine realistic circumstances where promotion will not be achieved from this position. It would also be unprecedented.

Whilst I wouldn't be saying anything in public, behind the scenes we ought to be preparing for a Premier League season in 2014/15.

I want to bone you BN, Norah the statto!!

Award for the most upbeat feel-good post of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669