Post Match Leicester 2 Middlesbrough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you´re right, although I suspect that interested parties might be indifferent to this type of injury & still be ready to pay up, in order to have him in their squad for the end of this season AND the start of the next.

I am also wondering if Kasper would be able to say no to a potential move to the theater of silence (following in his fathers´footsteps) or to AC/DC:017:

Is oppose it depends if their's a whole lotta Rosie in it for him.

I like stats all of a sudden.

How about this for a stat. 33 people have selected a City team since 1945. Nigel Pearson (228) has now managed City in more games than anyone since Jimmy Bloomfield (287). He's overtaken MON (223) and is about to overtake Norman Bullock (231) to move into third place overall.

Matt Gillies is clearly out in front (457).

Pearson has a win percentage of 50%. MON's was 38%, Bloomfield 30%, Bullock 39% and Gillies 41%.

Selected others who stuck around for a while: Duncan 36%, Halliday 44%, O'Farrell 47%, Wallace 37%, Milne 34%, Pleat 32%, Little 43%.

Obviously, NP has managed City at a lower level than any of these but still ...

Last edited:
How about this for a stat. 33 people have selected a City team since 1945. Nigel Pearson (228) has now managed City in more games than anyone since Jimmy Bloomfield (287). He's overtaken MON (223) and is about to overtake Norman Bullock (231) to move into third place overall.

Pearson has a win percentage of 50%. MON's was 38%, Bloomfield 30%, Bullock 39% and Gillies 41%.

Selected others who stuck around for a while: Duncan 36%, Halliday 44%, O'Farrell 47%, Wallace 37%, Milne 34%, Pleat 32%, Little 43%.

Another very interesting post.

Wow, amazed to hear NP is one of our longest serving managers - I guess it being across two spells makes it seem less.

Last edited:

Amazing what stability does, combine that with a good manager and you've got a good bit of success. I believe that Pearson should still be in his first spell here, but there you go that's football.

I do wonder if we will end up with an Adkins/Mackay situation should we be promoted though.

And by this I mean, the manager the majority of fans like, being sacked. Not the whole Tan acting like a retard scenario.

I realise the assumption I've made there that the majority of fans like NP, I know some don't but I believe the majority do.

And by this I mean, the manager the majority of fans like, being sacked.

I was going to write something similar.

Stability and historical success are excellent, but it'll be very interesting to see what happens 10 games into next season IF we've been promoted and if we're struggling. It would't surprise me at all if the owners had itchy trigger fingers, which is a shame but the way of modern football.

Let's just hope NP can continue with the current momentum into some stability in the PL.

I was going to write something similar.

Stability and historical success are excellent, but it'll be very interesting to see what happens 10 games into next season IF we've been promoted and if we're struggling. It would't surprise me at all if the owners had itchy trigger fingers, which is a shame but the way of modern football.

Let's just hope NP can continue with the current momentum into some stability in the PL.

You'd like to think they've learnt a little patience after the whole last season Watford episode and what not having that 'trigger finger' has done for the success of the club.

You'd like to think they've learnt a little patience after the whole last season Watford episode and what not having that 'trigger finger' has done for the success of the club.

Agreed.

And I still think he'd be the right man for the job however we get on next season (excluding nil points by Christmas, or Sven becoming available...).

On the flip side we'd potentially have a manager who's never been tested at the top level, with tens of £millions at stake. I'm not sure I'd like to be making the decision.

Post #16 in that thread is rather good, although I do like posts #39 and #40 too :icon_bigg

Whatever happened to the Old Fox anyway? Did he keep his promise of not wanting to support Leicester anymore if we kept Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669