Post Match Leicester 2 Middlesbrough 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff to nick a point late on like that, we certainly didn't deserve to lose. Must have been a real kick in the teeth to go behind so late on but it's nice to see we have that strength of character where we can still fight 'til the end!

Do not interupt Nigel Stringer else he will not ne happy.

The Referee came into Citys dressing room and interupted Nigel as he was giving his half time teamtalf.
Then the Ref said he had to go to the stands.

Strange

Nige did say he told him where to go, though.
As we saw from the ref's actions, he doesn't like dissent.

Grat interview with Nigel - composed and polite despite obviously fuming.

Just got back. Pashun in the second half fantastic. Referee the worst I've seen. Top marks to Beckord, well deserved MOTM.

On the second half performence we deserved to win, their second goal was I think their only shot on target during this period. First half, we simply weren't good enough, the subs made a hell of a difference, the mood changed throughout the team. Danns had a great game, for me man of the match. Thats not to say Beckford was not in the reckoning, he went from pretty bad to brilliant in about five minutes, what turned him around I don't know but I wish we could bottle it. His goal was so well taken, and took real skill, he could have had a hat trick in that second half and he definatley desrved at least a second. Perhaps a draw was a fair result, but I think that flatters 'the boro', we should have sneaked the three points.

We just drew with a team that lost their last 3 and are 7 points off the play offs, but I agree we looked like a decent team through most of the second half.:icon_bigg

Depends how you look at it, we outplayed a genuine promotion contender in the second half, went 1-2 down against the run of play late on and salvaged a point. Obviously 3 points would have been a better outcome but we're still in a decent position in terms of our 'run' and 'confidence' whereas had we lost I think our confidence would have dropped and we could have effectively wrote off the season. There's still a mountain to climb to get in there but keep putting in performances like that and we can do it.

I wish Micky and Macky would stop quoting each other, with my shit eyesight and phone browser it causes me some confusion

First half we were absymal, second much better so probably a fair result overall. Gutting to draw in that way though as if it wasn't for the sloppy pass from Drinky we would have most likely came away with 3 points. Drinky & Del boy changed the game for us though I reckon Marshall may get the nod ahead of del boy for the next game being a natural wide player.

Still keep the unbeaten record going though and great performance from Beckford - such a shame he didn't get a bit of luck with the left foot half volley that came back off the bar.

EDIT - Anyone have a good view of the elbow before half time? Too far away for me to see but my mates who were watching it online said it should have been a sending off.

Last edited:
I wish Micky and Macky would stop quoting each other, with my shit eyesight and phone browser it causes me some confusion
:) I'm going to invite my friends mocky and mucky to join the forum! That'll confuse ya! ;)

First half we were dreadful
Second half we were outstanding. Beckford was magnificent from start to finish. A wonderful performance

Ref was a clown, the fans in the second half made me proud

And can the Gallagher fans please come on and tell me how he is the most gifted player we have one more time, if you don't mind.
His performance was abject in the extreme. An embarrassing wanker of a player in every way. Hopefully will not be seen again this season, because the man is a complete joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669