Post Match Leicester 2 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Also, his loan dealings don't seem to be playing out too well - surprise, surprise.

Hold on; one of these young kids played a massive part in securing a clean sheet away at Bolton before having to go off with an injury. If you add their game time, you'd barely make 90 minutes.

Personally belieive Pearson's rant is an accumlation of a number of poor decisions given against us this season. It was also about time someone gave an accurate description of Peter Beagrie as well.

Last edited:
Hold on; one of these young kids played a massive part in securing a clean sheet away at Bolton before having to go off with an injury. If you add their game time, you'd barely make 90 minutes.

Personally belieive Pearson's rant is an accumlation of a number of poor decisions given against us this season. It was also about time someone gave an accurate description of Peter Beagrie as well.

Exactly, I'm fed up of managers coming out and refusing to say it how it is for fear of a fine. Until referees are accountable and accept responsibility, we won't have any improvement. This isn't just for us, some of the decisions across the divisions have been baffling this season.

I agree in a sense but the refs need help as well as it is humanly impossible to get every decision correct when they have to be made in a blink of an eye. If they were to introduce video replays then I say fair game, get the refs in front of the camera after the game but until then, leave them out as the pressure for what they do is more than enough already.

Some refs are right ****s but the people above them who make the rules are the much bigger ****s for not trying to help them to get as many decision as possible correct through the help of video replays etc.

I think that's right. It was a highly questionable decision but not as outrageous as Pearson is portraying. Whitbread took a chance and got heavily penalised. I'm not moaning too much about the panalty on two counts. First these local derbies often end in stalemate and second if we were that deserving then we would have won irrespective of a dodgy decision.

I agree that Pearson probably is feeling under presure. We seem to have lost momentum and the sooner we get it back the better. Also, his loan dealings don't seem to be playing out too well - surprise, surprise. Apart from the issues about bringing in a couple of kids for five minutes which we have done to death elsewhere, there is the stray cannon that is Beckford. He's never looked liked he really wanted to play for Leicester - but it never looked a smart move to lend him to one of our rivals who have picked up a goal scorer on approval like you used to be able do with stamp collection dealers.

I'm not impressed at the moment but if we win at Ipswich will probably change my mind!

Redditch are you being hasty in condemning the loan signings. I have not seen the centre back and so cannot judge him. Those who have seen him will have had just over half the match for evidence. Lingard came on for what was really his League debut. He will have learned that this division is more physical than reserve team football and hopefully he will adjust.

Managers have to speak to the press after the game. This makes good news but leads to unwise comments. When I was young a wise boss warned me that "Anger is a bad advisor" - managers would do well to remember this.

The referees aren't trying to do a bad job. The better referees are employed in the Premier League, who still get decisions wrong, we get the second rate ones. It's understandable that they will not get everything right on the day but I bet the bluddy well try to.

How do people expect the referee to improve on their performances? Where are better ones going to come from?

We got the 'rub of the green' at Middlesbrough after all....don't remember Pearson being too worried about that?

The referees aren't trying to do a bad job. The better referees are employed in the Premier League, who still get decisions wrong, we get the second rate ones. It's understandable that they will not get everything right on the day but I bet the bluddy well try to.

How do people expect the referee to improve on their performances? Where are better ones going to come from?
I agree with the gist of your post, but would point out the the ref was a Premier League ref, presumably given the game a it was a derby.

A £Billion industry that is often decided by the decisions of one little man who has to cover the entire field of play and make decisions in a split second based on a glimpse of what happened.

Shambles.

A £Billion industry that is often decided by the decisions of one little man who has to cover the entire field of play and make decisions in a split second based on a glimpse of what happened.

Shambles.

Two very good posts. Lako you are right but give no solution. I would like to see the 4th official able to watch the incident on screen and advise the referee. To stop constant interruptions each bench would be allowed two appeals.

Referees seem poorer than they used to be but I think this is an illusion the job has got more difficult. The game is faster, less contact is allowed and every manager tolerates cheats in his team. When I first watched Leicester City there were twelve known cheats Francis Lee and eleven from Don Revie's Leeds.

Two very good posts. Lako you are right but give no solution. I would like to see the 4th official able to watch the incident on screen and advise the referee. To stop constant interruptions each bench would be allowed two appeals.

Referees seem poorer than they used to be but I think this is an illusion the job has got more difficult. The game is faster, less contact is allowed and every manager tolerates cheats in his team. When I first watched Leicester City there were twelve known cheats Francis Lee and eleven from Don Revie's Leeds.

Plus more and better (in terms of technology available) TV coverage makes a big difference I'd assume. Means the decisions are picked out more, highlighted, analysed, built up to add to the drama, and can be more accurately called.
Sometimes a penalty decision is shown three/four times from every angle, super zoomed in to decide if it's right or not.... the ref had to decide in a split second from wherever he is (hopefully in a good position). It's a tough job, but doesn't change the fact it was a bad decision!

I agree with Han's point about the refs (although this was a PL ref), but it does make me wonder... imagine how bad they must be in League 2/Conference games.

20,000 + people saw the handball from Forest as well as the one in the Palace game., yet on each occasion the 4 people who are paid to see those incidents didn't. This has nothing to do with tv angles, replays or anything of that ilk, it boils down to 4 people who are obviously not paying as much attention to the game as they should. The referee's assistants are all too often afraid to make a decision and just wait to see what the ref is giving before raising their flags.

20,000 + people saw the handball from Forest as well as the one in the Palace game., yet on each occasion the 4 people who are paid to see those incidents didn't. This has nothing to do with tv angles, replays or anything of that ilk, it boils down to 4 people who are obviously not paying as much attention to the game as they should. The referee's assistants are all too often afraid to make a decision and just wait to see what the ref is giving before raising their flags.
I don't doubt for a second that it was handball but if you look at the replay, Simon Cox was in the referees direct line of sight.

Seeing as you're all still bitching about the ref's lack of a decision(s), and the maybe 2 minutes of the game that involved, how come you didn't win the game in the the other 88 minutes?

Seeing as you're all still bitching about the ref's lack of a decision(s), and the maybe 2 minutes of the game that involved, how come you didn't win the game in the the other 88 minutes?

Because it was windy, the grass was too long and the sun was in our eyes. So there!

John Percy‏@John__Percy

FA have written to #lcfc boss Nigel Pearson for his observations re: comments made after 2-2 draw with #nffc. Has until Monday to respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566