Post Match Leicester 2 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had plenty of time on the ball in and around the box, but to my recollection didn't even force a save from Kasper. I don't doubt they are good enough strikers, but I don't think they are much better than what we have.

I'd gladly have both on our books

Cox and Sharp weren't kept quiet by your back four, they simply had eff all service from our very poor on the day midfield.

Should have brought Lansbury and Jenas on a lot earlier.

Have to say I agree with this.

Both Cox and Sharp have proven at many stages that they are top quality strikers at this level, the service simply wasnt there.

It reminded me of how we totally failed to play to Beckfords strengths last season.

The fact that we dont have a striker in already who can replace either of the 1st choice forwards is one mans fault.

Agree with Sharp, one of the best strikers at this level. Disagree with Cox though. He was great in League One but the jury has always been very much out on him at this level, never really done it above League One level really.

Last edited:
Agree with Sharp, one of the best strikers at this level. Disagree with Cox though. He was great in League One but the jury has always been very much out on him at this level, never really done it above League One level really.

Sharp hasn't had that many great seasons to be honest.

Every single episode of Dad's Army. Every single brain putrefying episode, several times an episode. The BBC almost ran out of canned laughter trying to keep up with it
Oi! I don't come up with many good jokes so you can **** right off if you think I'm going to let you thieve them!

Most fans would be happy f we signed someone like Cox or Sharp, it seems to me, yet both were awful yesterday and kept quiet by a makeshift left back and Whitbread, who is apparently awful. They both had great chances to at least shoot but ended up firing that far over I almost caught it.

Good, prolific, consistent strikers are hard to attract to this division, particularly on loan and even more so on short term loan in November. We are stuck with what we have for now and banging on about signing this so far elusive striker seems utterly pointless. We'd be better served getting behind those that we have (and stop pining for fecking Beckford) and hope Waghorn starts putting some away.

A duo of Sharp-Cox sounds agonising.

Oi! I don't come up with many good jokes so you can **** right off if you think I'm going to let you thieve them!

I wasn't aware that I had, to be honest. Probably cuz I've got you on ignore. We'll just have to chalk this one up to great minds

I'm sorry, can you please provide examples of these good jokes you mention? I wont believe it until you do and will act condescending towards you.

I thought that was Whitbread's fault for not tracking the striker. Left Schlupp exposed.

Same Cox's movement was too much for Whitbread. Find it comical it is suggested them and Sharp were poor. Their movement left the defence floundering. Two times they played off the shoulder and a better touch would have seen certain goal.

What I will say is that Pearson and Cox would have been the repeat of Beckford given he nearly joined.

I see people coming around to the fact we need a striker, I was saying this months ago.

Pearson is seriously lacking in the planning dept. I still stand by the point that our best striker is out bagging goals for another team, its ****ing farcical.

It was our fault we didn't win today, not the refs.

Maybe not be for the lack of trying? Clear Becks isn't going to be here much longer but I suspect Pearson has a number of targets (sometimes its as simple as you can't get them).

What's the problem? You ever tried to kick a ball with a long toenail? ****ing agony it can be so knock Beckford all you like for his attitude or application but for pity's sake don't castigate him for cutting his toenails.

FFS...........

In fairness though, he was trimming his toenails with a pair of F0r£$t branded nail-clippers. I think that's what sent PEAR SON over the edge

Sharp hasn't had that many great seasons to be honest.

He hasn't?

His three full seasons at this level since leaving Sheffield United:

2009/10 - Played 33, scored 15.
2010/11 - Played 29, scored 15.
2011/12 - Played 35, scored 19.
Overall - Played 97, scored 49.

That's an outstanding record, particularly when you consider he played for two and a half of those seasons with a side who never finished above 12th in the league. He has proven himself to be an excellent striker at this level in recent seasons and is far superior in that regard to any of our players.

Our best striker by a mile is David Nugent, a man who even in his best seasons at this level has never scored more than fifteen with a record on both occasions marginally better than a goal every three games. He needs somebody to help him. It's a big problem for this team and it needs rectifying. I'm sure it is being worked on but it needs to happen sharpish or the automatic promotion positions will get away from us.

And that is what we should be aiming for. I've seen enough of us to be convinced we could win this league with the addition of a capable goalscorer.

Same Cox's movement was too much for Whitbread. Find it comical it is suggested them and Sharp were poor. Their movement left the defence floundering. Two times they played off the shoulder and a better touch would have seen certain goal.

What I will say is that Pearson and Cox would have been the repeat of Beckford given he nearly joined.

You mean their movement in the same way as Waghorn's? They spurned as many chances as he did. Cox is massively overrated IMO. Sharp's record is better than I gave him credit for it seems, but I don't rate Cox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669