Post Match Leicester 2 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video of the helicopter ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Waghorn's movement was great all game and it was that which created our first goal. Got a yard in front of his marker, pass to Dyer and then a goal. He should have done better with the effort cleared off the line but you can't get much closer than that.

Thought he was one of our best players on Saturday but no surprise to see him getting even more stick on here.

Waghorn's movement was great all game and it was that which created our first goal. Got a yard in front of his marker, pass to Dyer and then a goal. He should have done better with the effort cleared off the line but you can't get much closer than that.

Thought he was one of our best players on Saturday but no surprise to see him getting even more stick on here.

Yep. Something I hadn't seen mentioned, but surprised me during the game was that Waggy's hold up play was actually pretty good.

It is difficult not to get involved in these conversations, especially when some members have a tendency to go from one extreme to another with some players:

Beckford 3 months ago - lazy tw*t cant hit a barn door
Now - Lethal striker

Marshall 3 months ago - Best winger the club has ever had
Now - Lazy tw*t who can't take a corner

However, IMO Waghorn is being unfairly criticised. Should he have taken the ball first time - maybe. However, it was on his weaker foot and he hasn't scored in a while. The defender only just managed to get back and clear it off the line. For me it was good defending rather than a poor shot. Waghorn has shown enough improvement over the last few games to continue his run in the team and once he gets a goal his confidence will undoubtedly grow.

Wish they would bring that great big twin prop Chinook back and get rid of the little one we have had in recent years.

I tried to get the helicopter this year, but the RAF said it was too small. A chinook would give me plenty of room to stretch out. For this reason I agree.

It is difficult not to get involved in these conversations, especially when some members have a tendency to go from one extreme to another with some players:

Beckford 3 months ago - lazy tw*t cant hit a barn door
Now - Lethal striker

Marshall 3 months ago - Best winger the club has ever had
Now - Lazy tw*t who can't take a corner

Could you give some names or even better some examples of this?

Going well on the Poppy front and according to the OS "Over £13,000 was raised from the Remembrance Fixture collection and a further £6,000 from the Poppy shirt auction last year, the 2nd most raised, with only Liverpool raising more across all of English Football."

Player
&
Current Bid

Kasper Schmeichel £350

Ritchie De Laet £70

Paul Konchesky £90

Danny Drinkwater £250

Wes Morgan £200

Zak Whitbread £100

Ben Marshall £110

Neil Danns £80

Jamie Vardy £100

Andy King £180

Lloyd Dyer £100

Sean St Ledger £100

Conrad Logan £50

Martyn Waghorn £120

Michael Keane £50

Matty James £50

Paul Gallagher £100

Jeff Schlupp £120

Liam Moore £200

Jesse Lingard £100

Anthony Knockaert £350

Marko Futacs £50

David Nugent £350

Going well on the Poppy front and according to the OS "Over £13,000 was raised from the Remembrance Fixture collection and a further £6,000 from the Poppy shirt auction last year, the 2nd most raised, with only Liverpool raising more across all of English Football."

Something to be proud of, well done to all those involved.

A striker who doesn't score can run about and be active all the **** he wants...but he's still a striker who can't score.

I'm sure someone will explain to me how that is a good thing.

I enjoyed the clash when Waghorn took Pearson out in the technical area. Pearson seemed to be smiling and having a bit of banter with the bench afterwards. Any feedback on this David?

Waghorn absolutely clattered into Pearson with a force that must have left bruises. However, he and Waghorn were laughing at it. Waghorn timed this well. It was the first half and Pearson was in a benevolent mood. Had it come after the penalty and Waghorn's misses in front of goal then he may have found his boss in a less forgiving mood.

Credit has to be given to Craig Shakespeare. He was clearly upset by the penalty decision but seemed to be trying to calm Nigel down. I could not hear what Nigel said to the 4th official as it was close and in his face.
I did hear Mike Stowell who shouted for the 4th official to "Do your f_____g job". This was perhaps his only coherent moment during the entire incident.

Waghorn absolutely clattered into Pearson with a force that must have left bruises. However, he and Waghorn were laughing at it. Waghorn timed this well. It was the first half and Pearson was in a benevolent mood. Had it come after the penalty and Waghorn's misses in front of goal then he may have found his boss in a less forgiving mood.

Credit has to be given to Craig Shakespeare. He was clearly upset by the penalty decision but seemed to be trying to calm Nigel down. I could not hear what Nigel said to the 4th official as it was close and in his face.
I did hear Mike Stowell who shouted for the 4th official to "Do your f_____g job". This was perhaps his only coherent moment during the entire incident.

Having seen the penalty incident live and on tv, I don't agree that it was a penalty but I can see why it was given. It wasn't an outrageous decision as Whitbread did clatter Sharp in the box. Taking the man AND the ball in the Premier League often leads to free kicks now and the ref was consistent in giving them for that all game. What is apparent with Whitbread is that he's a defender that used to have more pace and he appears to be struggling to adapt to having lost it due to injuries and is too desperate in his challenges at times.

What I find more unusual is the response to the penalty from NP. It clearly shows a man who is under considerable pressure given his 'promotion or bust' brief from the owners. A win against Ipswich on Saturday is probably vital now otherwise he'll have undone all the advantage of the good run we had a while back.

Having seen the penalty incident live and on tv, I don't agree that it was a penalty but I can see why it was given. It wasn't an outrageous decision as Whitbread did clatter Sharp in the box. Taking the man AND the ball in the Premier League often leads to free kicks now and the ref was consistent in giving them for that all game. What is apparent with Whitbread is that he's a defender that used to have more pace and he appears to be struggling to adapt to having lost it due to injuries and is too desperate in his challenges at times.

What I find more unusual is the response to the penalty from NP. It clearly shows a man who is under considerable pressure given his 'promotion or bust' brief from the owners. A win against Ipswich on Saturday is probably vital now otherwise he'll have undone all the advantage of the good run we had a while back.

I think that's right. It was a highly questionable decision but not as outrageous as Pearson is portraying. Whitbread took a chance and got heavily penalised. I'm not moaning too much about the panalty on two counts. First these local derbies often end in stalemate and second if we were that deserving then we would have won irrespective of a dodgy decision.

I agree that Pearson probably is feeling under presure. We seem to have lost momentum and the sooner we get it back the better. Also, his loan dealings don't seem to be playing out too well - surprise, surprise. Apart from the issues about bringing in a couple of kids for five minutes which we have done to death elsewhere, there is the stray cannon that is Beckford. He's never looked liked he really wanted to play for Leicester - but it never looked a smart move to lend him to one of our rivals who have picked up a goal scorer on approval like you used to be able do with stamp collection dealers.

I'm not impressed at the moment but if we win at Ipswich will probably change my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566