Leicester 2 Swansea 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weale - 6 - Calm & steady - beaten by a world-class strike.
Naughton - 6 - Had his hands full with Sinclair but defensively sound.
Morrison - 6 - Did the ugly stuff well and a threat at corners. A good performance.
Hobbs - 8 - Very sold, dealing well with all the Swansea forwards and a few good passes as well.
Berner - 8 - Solid. Showed up well against the tricky Cotterill and his replacement, Dyer.
Abe - 6 - Dodgy first 30 mins but did a great job on Pratley keeping him v. quiet.
Wellens - 7 - Steady
King - 6 - Largely anonymous but should've scored a free header early in the 2nd half.
Gallagher - 7 - Put a great shift in on the left side, and delivered well from set pieces.
Dyer - 8 - Another who put a good shift in, keeping their defence on their toes.
Vassell - 7 - Quality - worked his socks off, poachers goal and unlucky with a volley which deserved a 2nd.

Could see why we wanted to sign Ashley Williams - best defender I have seen at the Walkers this season. Distribution excellent and did the ugly defending really well.

Definitely, looked a real class act.

Delighted with the win & Berner was simply outstanding, best player on the pitch by a mile. I doubt he will, but I hope we can do enough to convince him to stay.

Weale - 6 - Did what he had to well, only beaten by a brilliant strike.
Naughton - 6 - Good going forward.
Morrison - 7 - Another solid display. Needs to improve his distribution.
Hobbs - 7 - Very composed. Made it hard for Swansea attackers.
Berner - 8 - Great return to the starting line up. Solid all round.
Abe - 5 - Good in places but lost the ball too often.
Wellens - 7 - Good passing, interesting tackling.
King - 6 - Solid if unspectacular.
Gallagher - 7 - New corner technique is a breath of fresh air. Good threat going forward.
Dyer - 8 - Swans defence couldn't deal with him, looked very dangerous.
Vassell - 7 - Right place, right time for his goal. Denied a brilliant second by an even better save.

Generally agree.
I would raise King to a 7 as he did one or two very good long passes while keeping possession well with his short ones.
Gallagher was his typical self - good one minute and dreadful the next. The corners were good but his challenges for high balls were totally inept.
I very much agree about Dyer who was superb but I would raise Vassell to an 8. He may turn out to be our best striker since the days of Deane and Dickoff.

It is only fair to mention De Vries save from Vassell which was quite superb goalkeeping.

Much better second half - midfield played much higher up the pitch and made them play their pretty football in their own half, which frustrated them out of the game

Outstanding games from Vassell, Dyer and Berner

Praise too for Morrison and Hobbs

Loverly stuff :038:

Yep, ol' Sven did his homework. The marking also second half was much tighter on Pratley and Gower. Also helped by Sinclair missing a great chance.

Good gritty win. Big result, not much of a game.

I have nearly thawed out. It was bloody cold today. Sober football is cold football.

This I agree with. Not helped by my first ninety minute football game yesterday in six months, I feel like a 72 year old with a bad back and sore neck. I cramped up three times during the match and ended up taking up two spare seats to keep stretching myself out.

Looks like another move of seats next season, we are in front of a total tosspot. I was happy when he missed the winner.

Someone give me the stats on number of corners for us this season please - and was this the first time we've scored from one?

Great display all round. I marked Abe higher. Covers a lot for Wellens and King, letting them get forward.

Gallagher cannot head a ball to save his life, but remarkably the guy behind him usually messes it up or misses as well to give us a chance on the second ball.

I think Sven should offer Bruno the number one left back slot with a loanee (Mee?) as cover. The loanee can always come on after 60 minutes if Bruno's legs go.

Great result, and very happy for Bruno. I think he'll be happy to stay here if he gets a bit of a run in the team, same with Morrison. I'd be glad for us to keep both.

Nice to see 2 wins in a row - shame the Man City game is next. Want to keep the momentum going now! Still, nice going into the Cup weekend in the top half. Is that the first time this season we've been in the top half?

Cracking result. I thought they outplayed us for a lot of the game though. Agree that Williams was excellent for them. Also agree that Berner was MOM. It feels good to win those games that could easily have gone the other way. The defence looked sound. Best I've seen Morrison this season.

This may be a little contentious but I think we're playing King in too advanced a position. His main strength is his ability to time runs from deep. We're playing him as a withdrawn striker and the game often passes him by as a result. I think he needs to play deeper.

I thought Wellens was poor in the first half. Kept giving away posession cheaply. Abe was the best one in the middle today.

Vassell looked a bit leggy and needed a support striker. Gallagher had another one of his pointless games avoiding hard work wherever possible. Dyer was in and out of the game but did well enough.

I thought the subs could have been made earlier too as all three forwards were totally knackered.

Swansea had a lot of the ball, but barely created any chances, and missed the best one of the match. We however took ours when they came. Can't complain about that.

Jack Duckworth, Jackie Pallo, Jack Charlton, Wacko Jacko, Jaqui Collins, Jackson Browne, Captain Jack Sparrow, Basement Jaxx, Jack the Ripper, Jack Straw, Jack Dee, Terry Jacks, Jack Hobbs, well, maybe not Jack Hobbs, your lads took one hell of a beating this afternoon.

Someone give me the stats on number of corners for us this season please - and was this the first time we've scored from one?

Send an email request to [email protected] - he knows. And while you're writing to him, tell him that he should shut the **** up about it now.

Jack Duckworth, Jackie Pallo, Jack Charlton, Wacko Jacko, Jaqui Collins, Jackson Browne, Captain Jack Sparrow, Basement Jaxx, Jack the Ripper, Jack Straw, Jack Dee, Terry Jacks, Jack Hobbs, well, maybe not Jack Hobbs, your lads took one hell of a beating this afternoon.

You forgot:-

jack12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00