Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a formation that we should consider to protect a man that is part sloth. He has the turning pace of glass and doesn't appear too adept at jumping either. Any chump can pass the ball left and right and occasionally to the holding midfielder, we need a defender to defend on the front foot to make the most of our squad and give others confidence. That's how we set up at our best with Fofana, Evans, Soyuncu. He does none of that. He looked good at Saints for a bit as he had Hjojberg and Romeu right in front of him setting up hard to beat. That's why they looked solid for a bit but won **** all. We don't want to emulate that.
Same for Denmark, super defensive set up helping him out.
Wrong player, wrong club....

It really is horrific and if it wasn't for some moments of brilliance going forward occasionally and a lot of luck in games, we really would be right down there with Watford/Newcastle/Norwich.

*puts tin hat on*

The expected points (xPTS) table isn't pretty...

1642721141245.png

*puts tin hat on*

The expected points (xPTS) table isn't pretty...

View attachment 16562
Looks about right to me. We have been one of the worst teams this season, and have ended up with some lucky results. If we had seen out yesterday’s match, that one would have topped the lot.

Kasper said the following when we signed him:

“I’ve never made a secret of me being a Jannik Vestergaard fan. He’s a top-class player. I always feel very secure, and that’s the biggest compliment I can pay any defender. He’s a big guy, but still very mobile, he’s got incredible feet and range of passing. He’s a threat in both boxes, he’s at an age now where he is coming into his best years and luckily, they will be with Leicester City. As a character, he suits this club. He’s a talker, he’s a leader, he’s always been a guy people can look to. He’s fitted in really well and I’m looking forward to seeing him do well in a Leicester shirt.”
“I’ve always kept it a secret of me being a Rock Fox fan. He’s top-class. I always feel very secure, because he thinks I’m a great goalie and that’s the biggest compliment I can pay anyone. He’s a medium size guy, but still very mobile after his hip op, he’s got an incredible range of short stories and fossil collection. He’s at an age now where he is past his best years so Leicester City are lucky to still have him as fan. As a character, he easily goes from ecstasy to despair, particularly against Spurs, which suits all fans of this club. He shouts at the screen when Leicester are on, but he’s always been a guy people can look to find the TV remote. He’s fits in really well and I’m looking forward to seeing him in a Leicester City replica shirt.”

Since the start of last season, we've now lost more home games than Newcastle - 13.

Knew there was a factual reason I was contemplating not bothering on Sunday.

Let's be honest, it's just ****ing shit down there.

Knew there was a factual reason I was contemplating not bothering on Sunday.

Let's be honest, it's just ****ing shit down there.

I don't agree with your anger towards the fans in terms of generating atmosphere. The trigger has to come from the team, as we saw against Liverpool.

I think that the problem is that we're really boring to watch. We score some really good goals but they are moments in matches rather than anything that is sustained.

We spend far more time in every match pissing about with meaningless defensive passes than we do attacking. It's okay if it's quick passing and it has a purpose, but ours really doesn't seem to any more.

The stats show that we concede a goal a game more than we should. We're so vulnerable defensively and that stretches back much further than any injury absence. Bottom line is that it's usually no fun going to the KP.

The other thing is that the players and staff know full well that they've fecked up this season and there is nothing much we can do to rescue it. It's notable how much harder Spurs ran than we did for example. They chased and sprinted while we jogged about.

I think that's probably the thing that makes you struggle to look forward to games at the moment. It's just a bit shit.

The other thing is that the players and staff know full well that they've fecked up this season and there is nothing much we can do to rescue it. It's notable how much harder Spurs ran than we did for example. They chased and sprinted while we jogged about.
That ethos is either one of 3 factors:

1. The manager has instructed the players not to press although in the first 10 mins we did press and we dominated Spurs then we reverted to type.

2. The players are not fit enough to play a high tempo press.

3. The players are not doing what they have been instructed to do, it is so disheartening to watch our players lose the ball and sprint back after it, or watching them allow their opponent to run past them when the opposing team is on the attack.

IMO the players attitude stinks and that is why we are being turned over, the only positives have been Maddison and the return of JJ who made an immediate impact on our attacking play. The minimum you expect from players is 100% in effort that is what gets the fans shouting, I agree we have nothing to shout about at the moment our play is turgid.

i think half the players are barely fit enough to go on the pitch, let alone fit enough to effect a constant pressing style. Spurs are still in the 'impress the new manager' phase and so i'm not surprised we were outrun. Against Liverpool we certainly made the running, but also massively rode our luck with the penalty and schmeichel saves - so the outcome could have been very different in that game.
This Spurs game could also have been massively different with turning points like Barnes not squaring to Lookman and 5 players inexplicably going ahead of Tielemans on the ball from kick off in the 96minute when what we need to do was pillock it into the far corner of the pitch an take our medicine.
I still think the ball hits Doherty's arms and falls to Bergwijn for their equaliser btw

Exactly as in the still earlier on the paeg. Soyuncu volleys it up into his midriff with his right foot, it then hits his arms which brings it down rather than it going up in the air which is the direction it should have gone having been kicked upwards. It's accidental but the contact with the arm leads directly to the goal. I think in all the excitement there was no mention of a VAR check - but to my knowledge as it was directly assisting the goal it doesn't matter that it was accidental or midriff to arm

The handball rule has changed this season.
If a player accidentally handballs, and scores, it's handball.
If he accidentally handballs, then the ball goes to another player, whom then scores, it's a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363