Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’d prefer to be in the fourth position in the league over having that FA cup then as well right?
These have nothing to do with each other.. of course I wanted to win the FA Cup. This has nothing to do with us ****ing up top 4 for two seasons running.
FA cup brings fanfare and tradition and immense joy.
CL brings better players, commercial growth and increases stature of the club.
EL does none of the above.

These have nothing to do with each other.. of course I wanted to win the FA Cup. This has nothing to do with us ****ing up top 4 for two seasons running.
Bollocks

How can winning the EL bring nothing? It brings the 2nd thing in the list as a start.

I was all for binning it off for this season. Next season i think we should prioritise it and settle for midtable as top 4 will be beyond us again. This is based on existing squad and manager btw.
I’m not sure fans would settle for that... look at Arsenal. Absolutely lambasted

Because winning it is almost impossible. Look what happened to Arsenal going all out to win it

If we're not good enough to win the Europa then we're certainly not good enough for top 4.
Man Utd and Chelsea have won it in recent years. Man Utd are in another final and Liverpool have been in a recent final.

If we're not good enough to win the Europa then we're certainly not good enough for top 4.
Man Utd and Chelsea have won it in recent years. Man Utd are in another final and Liverpool have been in a recent final.
The point is, in my opinion, we’re not good enough for top 4 hence my total despair at ****ing up the gift horses mouth.

I’m not sure fans would settle for that... look at Arsenal. Absolutely lambasted

Arsenal should be expected to challenge for top 4. We could challenge for top 4 if we're willing to drop all other competitions or vice versa. The main problem with the euro is by the time you work out whether the league is sensible to chase (based on December league position) you've already ****ed about at least 8 midweeks of your season.

Because winning it is almost impossible. Look what happened to Arsenal going all out to win it
So you want us to bin it off because it is impossible to win, but then concentrate on the league to try and qualify for another European competition but of even higher standards?

I agree it is a tough one to win, the CL dropouts make it really tough, but we should most certainly be going all out to win it.

It might be hugely undervalued by many in this country but it is still regarded as a prestigious competition for a lot of European clubs/players and winning it would undoubtedly make us a more prestigious club.

We should most definitely be going all out to the the EL next season, if anything we should focus less on the domestic cups.

We still need to serious strengthen our attacking options if we want do well in any competition next season though.

FWIW I think the euro cup is an absolute bag of shite that I'd never watch unless we're in it....but if it gets us in the champions league it'll be fantastic. Where's the final? Assuming Chernobyl or something?

Arsenal should be expected to challenge for top 4. We could challenge for top 4 if we're willing to drop all other competitions or vice versa. The main problem with the euro is by the time you work out whether the league is sensible to chase (based on December league position) you've already ****ed about at least 8 midweeks of your season.
100% spot on. Which is why CL qualification would have settled all that uncertainty.
Who cares if we were dumped in the group stages with £60m burning a hole in our back pockets... no scrambling trying to get through 10 rounds travelling all over Europe

So you want us to bin it off because it is impossible to win, but then concentrate on the league to try and qualify for another European competition but of even higher standards?

I agree it is a tough one to win, the CL dropouts make it really tough, but we should most certainly be going all out to win it.

It might be hugely undervalued by many in this country but it is still regarded as a prestigious competition for a lot of European clubs/players and winning it would undoubtedly make us a more prestigious club.

We should most definitely be going all out to the the EL next season, if anything we should focus less on the domestic cups.

We still need to serious strengthen our attacking options if we want do well in any competition next season though.
It’s all about the money... clearly we would never win the CL

As a supporter I want us to win trophies.

Winning the EL would absolutely boost our image and future income.
Yes agree with that. Winning it though is bloody difficult and arduous. Qualification for the CL is instant £££££

Yes agree with that. Winning it though is bloody difficult and arduous. Qualification for the CL is instant £££££
We've just blown the best two opportunities we've ever had to get CL football.

We need to seek other opportunities and this one gives silverware

For whatever reason we can hold our nerve for cup games. Two seasons in a row we've shit our pants for top 4. Balls deep for the cup!

Try telling that to Sevilla, who by winning the EL in three successive seasons gained entry to the CL three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566