Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, that match was un-reffable! Sooo many fouls by both teams off the ball. There were over-reactions following every challenge and nasty, niggley stuff throughout.

The ref created the situation by making some clearly incorrect calls early on. This just hyped the players up to play on his erratic behaviour.

Overall, we've probably had the worst of the decisions but he was incompetent for both sides.

West Ham are a pretty nasty team. Their players seem to be either dirty or whiners or both. We're far from innocent too though. Several of our players have been pushing the boundaries for a while and they can hardly argue that they've been called for it.

Vardy has dived time and time again in the penalty area over the years. Today, he got what he deserved, although it was nowhere near his worst attempt to 'win' a penalty. Maybe he'll learn a lesson from this.

I despair of the way corners are defended nowadays. There is no honesty. It is pushing and blocking and fouling and diving and it's all quite depressing.

I can't quite get over how bad I felt and how foul my mood was when they scored to make it 2-1. I was horrible. Not just about the referee.

Pressure? It's just a game against a top six team - of course, we often lose these games. Well, we used to. I'm going to need to find some way of dealing with the next few games. Beer may be used.

I can't quite get over how bad I felt and how foul my mood was when they scored to make it 2-1. I was horrible. Not just about the referee.

Pressure? It's just a game against a top six team - of course, we often lose these games. Well, we used to. I'm going to need to find some way of dealing with the next few games. Beer may be used.

I'm pretty sure my anger/reaction was worse than yours.... only now am I calming down.

Stunning stuff. Can't say you don't get your money's worth

Kante might be the best player I've ever seen. Just wonderful in every way.

That fatarse might be the worst ref I've ever seen, and I've seen some rght duffers. A disgrace that he was allowed to ref such an important game. Having said that, the worst decision was possibly the last one. What a joke

Albrighton was poor. Mahrez complete and utter shite for the fourth game in a row. But Ulloa was excellent when he came on, and the back four defended like heroes in that second half 'til the ref stepped in

Thirty seconds to go , down to ten men, and we still salvage a point.

Champions are made of this. I love them

Agree massively with Homer's last line.

To keep fighting, to dig in and get that point when everything was against us doing so at that point is the stuff of heroes, of champions.

As I said earlier, the fight in this team is simply incredible.

Compare that back to 2004, when we lost to Preston and I think it was Nathan Blake who after the game said as soon as they equalised our players knew we'd go on to lose!

This season is incredible. I imagine that was a great game to watch as a neutral.

I'm still annoyed by the ref decisions but when you look at this incredible season then I'll take it. If those calls had gone the other way we'd probably be saying it was right even though both soft

Agree with all Camberwell Fox's comments. Huth and Morgan were both warned before about repeated pushing and pulling, whereas when WHU pulled on Huth, they had not been warned. Vardy dived, when he could have just played the same shot that he scored with, or brought the ball in across the defender.

Not mentioned yet. WHU were clearly sent out with the instruction that to have any chance of a Champion League place, this is a win at any and all costs game, which the ref failed to deal with in the first 10 minutes.

Also WHU have developed this 'Bus Stop', 3 or 4 in a line at corners which then just steamroller through the defenders trying to make defensive headers.

This is not dissimilar to the Tigers legendary 'Truck and Trailer', which was banned. This should be banned as well, as it it is not a one on one. In the outfield if 2 players take out a player by both barging, a free kick is always given. This is just the same.

Horrible game to watch but consoling myself with the fact we were never going to win every game, that the wheels didn't fall off and we showed the same character and spirit for another 90 mins.

That point means that 2 more wins for us will require Spurs to win all 5. Which I still an firmly of the belief they will do however!

There has been some recognition in the media recently about how we are a master of the gamesmanship and the niggling fouls. So as has been said above, this felt as if it had been coming on occasions.

On the ref, it's the inconsistency that grates, particularly the shoving in the area after Huth's infamous shirt being pulled off incident from a few weeks ago.

I am not quite sure have I feel. I was devastated when we went 2-1 down. I turned the match off. I put the BBC live feed on and up pops a Leicester penalty. I put talkingballs on and up pops Leo with an equaliser.

Emotional.

On the ref, it's the inconsistency that grates, particularly the shoving in the area after Huth's infamous shirt being pulled off incident from a few weeks ago.
But I think you have to take each decision in the contact of the game.

Hutch can have no complaints about any decisions he doesn't get as he is owed a few 'wrong uns '.

He could have been sent off today for what appeared to be two deliberate forearm smashes.

He dishes out far more than he gets back.

Bizarre atmosphere today as well

At the off, I got the sense people were there celebrating the title, rather than cheering us on to actually try and win the game. Carried on a bit when we scored.
Strange crowd these days

Then it got all vile and toxic after the sending off, and then we got behind the team properly
Then you could seriously sense everyone shitting it. Saw people who couldn't actually watch the game
Then more sheer anger after the penalty, and their second
Then unbridled mental feckn' madness

Crackers

But I think you have to take each decision in the contact of the game.

Hutch can have no complaints about any decisions he doesn't get as he is owed a few 'wrong uns '.

He could have been sent off today for what appeared to be two deliberate forearm smashes.

He dishes out far more than he gets back.

and the arm around his neck wasnt a penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669