Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for some wine… all these people that could see it all happening should have stuck some money it… would have softened the blow.

I agree, our inability to still defend corners and not seemingly having a clear idea is all him. I would also suggest our lack of fitness and injury problems are due to him (his staff). Also our inability to hold a lead and low teams morale would be him…

… this season is a right off and BR needs to take some of the blame.

… but most managers would have made the changes he made today.
I’m not sure I agree, but in fairness to your point there is no way of knowing how we would’ve faired if he had left it. For me his choices unsettled us at the wrong time, resulting in a loss of players understanding their roles, a loss of confidence, and only one point. That’s just my opinion though. Honestly held, but worthless at the end of the day because it changes nothing.

It was obvious Wet Spam were about to whack it high and look for Dawson, Vestergaard was bought on to prevent that, totally made sense.
No it didn't, not to any single person who has seen Vestergaard since he arrived here

He is utterly abysmal in the air and changing a system that was working incredibly well to accommodate a complete farce of a player like him was absurd.

Anyone who thinks it was the right call is wrong and has been proven so by what happened.

Time for some wine… all these people that could see it all happening should have stuck some money it… would have softened the blow.
Didn't have time

Even our own players were looki g at each other with concern when he made this unnecessary system change.

You and BR are wrong, get over it mate.

Didn't have time

Even our own players were looki g at each other with concern when he made this unnecessary system change.

You and BR are wrong, get over it mate.
Which players were these? I don't believe that, they looked concerned for about the last 15 minutes, not about that.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision. Imagine if BR hadn't made any changes and Wet Spam scored twice like Spurs - can you see yourself then typing how angry you were that BR didn't make any change to counter their system?

There's an agenda from a bunch on here who just want to blame everything on Brendan Rodgers. After that last few years, and the successes, I think that's embarrassing.

Well I think that was a good point. We were playing a side that were much better than us and we played some good football.

Those that are frustrated are wrongly assuming that we're still a good side. We're not. We're as poor a side as there is in the league. Any point is a good point at the moment.

The team selection was reasonable. The formation was okay. I didn't like Maddison out of position on the right but there aren't really many options. I don't like either Daka or Iheanacho as lone strikers as they can't really do it.

My first issue was with Justin. In three full matches and two part appearances, he's been out there while we've conceded ten goals. I hate to get at a player who is clearly a long way from his best due to the length of time he's been out but he's been woeful since coming back. Today, he should have tracked the run from Bowen and he didn't. When he went off, we looked much better with Thomas there.

On their second goal, I wouldn't have brought on Vestergaard because of the effect on the rest of the team plus the fans. The whole atmosphere changed. It was a hiding to nothing for the lad really. As it happened, he came on to head it but he didn't mark their heading threats which bewildered me. Amartey is another player who is costing us goals practically every game and he failed to win his header again and that's why we didn't win. We had ten players in the six yard box to their four and they wanted it more.

Our passing was much better than it has been. Ricardo did well and scored a great header.

Once again, we looked unfit and chronically lacking in confidence. So many players were exhausted in the late stages of the game. Daka, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Ndidi were all struggling to run. Fundamentally, if we can't physically compete for 90 minutes, we're pretty well ****ed this season.

I'm seriously looking at the bottom three and wanting us to get a few points on the board quickly so that we avoid a horrific slide. If we accept what we are and where we are, a point today is a good outcome.

Which players were these? I don't believe that, they looked concerned for about the last 15 minutes, not about that.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision. Imagine if BR hadn't made any changes and Wet Spam scored twice like Spurs - can you see yourself then typing how angry you were that BR didn't make any change to counter their system?

There's an agenda from a bunch on here who just want to blame everything on Brendan Rodgers. After that last few years, and the successes, I think that's embarrassing.
I think the FA cup papers considerable cracks. FA Cup aside, the last two seasons have been characterised by tinkering needlessly, undermining confidence and bottling what should have been back to back insurmountable 4th place finishes.

Lets enjoy our FA cup success and thank god for VAR… but lets also not start casting our failures as great successes.

Absolutely no one on here would be critical of him not bringing on Vestergaard....that's just silly.

The last bit...many of us can see it's going to shit. Shit signings, shit tactics, shit defensive work (including him being in denial about corners being a problem). Past performance shouldn't blind people to the reality we see right now.

After 40 minutes it felt like another in a lengthening list of poor performances, lacking confidence, fight and quality.

The second half performance surprised me, we got on the front foot, won some physical challenges, showed some real quality and got ourselves in front.

it’s a real shame we couldn’t kill the game off with a third and the finish was heartbreaking for fans and players alike.

Well I think that was a good point. We were playing a side that were much better than us and we played some good football.

Those that are frustrated are wrongly assuming that we're still a good side. We're not. We're as poor a side as there is in the league. Any point is a good point at the moment.

The team selection was reasonable. The formation was okay. I didn't like Maddison out of position on the right but there aren't really many options. I don't like either Daka or Iheanacho as lone strikers as they can't really do it.

My first issue was with Justin. In three full matches and two part appearances, he's been out there while we've conceded ten goals. I hate to get at a player who is clearly a long way from his best due to the length of time he's been out but he's been woeful since coming back. Today, he should have tracked the run from Bowen and he didn't. When he went off, we looked much better with Thomas there.

On their second goal, I wouldn't have brought on Vestergaard because of the effect on the rest of the team plus the fans. The whole atmosphere changed. It was a hiding to nothing for the lad really. As it happened, he came on to head it but he didn't mark their heading threats which bewildered me. Amartey is another player who is costing us goals practically every game and he failed to win his header again and that's why we didn't win. We had ten players in the six yard box to their four and they wanted it more.

Our passing was much better than it has been. Ricardo did well and scored a great header.

Once again, we looked unfit and chronically lacking in confidence. So many players were exhausted in the late stages of the game. Daka, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Ndidi were all struggling to run. Fundamentally, if we can't physically compete for 90 minutes, we're pretty well ****ed this season.

I'm seriously looking at the bottom three and wanting us to get a few points on the board quickly so that we avoid a horrific slide. If we accept what we are and where we are, a point today is a good outcome
Spot on re: the bottom 3.

We need to take any point we can get given the absolute state we are in defensively.

The sooner we get to 35-38 points the better. I suspect we will have about enough in our side. The fact is any point is a good one.

A glorious sunny day in the Portes du Soleil, followed by a lovely tartiflette this evening. Even from here it felt inevitable that we’d concede at the end and I haven’t watched a second of it. Still, more to life and all that.

I have never bet against us, even when it's been a nailed on defeat. If Ted's stays here I'll definitely start putting lay bets on us if we're winning in the late stages.

Bringing Lookman on made sense, Madison was tiring and ineffectual at that point, and Lookman has the pace to threaten on the counter, I believe this change was made to try and push for a 3rd goal.

Bringing on Vestergaard was a panic move, and signalled a serious change. Up to that point, we looked quite comfortable under the circumstances, but the change made everybody nervous and unsettled. I can understand the thinking behind the change, but it indicates the pressure the manager is under, and the lack of confidence in the team.

There were positives from the game, Barnes looked back to his best, Ricardo is getting there, and KDH is developing very nicely indeed. A cool head organising the defence is sorely missed though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566