Post Match Leicester 2 Wolves 1

The sight of Soyuncu and Soumare given the freedom to play how they want to, and how they are at their best, was welcome.
This is key IMHO. Rodgers wanted players to play HIS way. Assigned roles for everyone, coached to death, all instinct squashed. No wonder there were "mistakes". Players were having to suppress themselves and remember what the gaffer wanted. That introduced hesitancy; mistakes - and crucifixion - followed. No wonder they played as if they didn't know their arses from their elbows, because they didn't. Rodgers made sure of that.

I just hope Smith has enough time to detox them. Ironically, Cags is possibly one player that might not need it - as he wasn't drinking the poison.

This is key IMHO. Rodgers wanted players to play HIS way. Assigned roles for everyone, coached to death, all instinct squashed. No wonder there were "mistakes". Players were having to suppress themselves and remember what the gaffer wanted. That introduced hesitancy; mistakes - and crucifixion - followed. No wonder they played as if they didn't know their arses from their elbows, because they didn't. Rodgers made sure of that.

I just hope Smith has enough time to detox them. Ironically, Cags is possibly one player that might not need it - as he wasn't drinking the poison.
Good post.

I have grown from trying to understand him to annoyance at his bloody mindedness.

From annoyance at his arrogance to frustration at his decision making.

From frustration at his team selection and subs to anger at his stupidity.

And now I have grown to loathe the **** even after we won the FA Cup with us.

I hope he never gets a good gig again.
I agree with everything except your last point.

I would love for the insidious **** to get the Tottenham job. He’s never gonna get a job bigger than that but Spurs are stupid enough to employ him. I would sit back and relax as he slowly but eventually turns the whole club into a mess. And I’d love it even more as his mates in the media were forced to recognize and accept his utter incompetence.

Equally, I’d be happy if he was hit by a bus and we never saw him again.

I would love for the insidious **** to get the Tottenham job. He’s never gonna get a job bigger than that but Spurs are stupid enough to employ him. I would sit back and relax as he slowly but eventually turns the whole club into a mess. And I’d love it even more as his mates in the media were forced to recognize and accept his utter incompetence.

And funnily enough I agree with all of that bar your last point.

For me the only reason Smith had Daka and Dewsbury-Hall on the pitch was to give us the running power (also due to the absence of Barnes, Maddison and Pereira). We actually needed Dewsbury-Hall in the second half but his decision making and passing is really poor at the minute. I still do believe he can be a good player for us. He presses the game so well. He just needs to work on his ball retention.
I don’t see it. He’ll never be anywhere near good enough for the Premier League. And I wouldn’t even want him in the Championship.

He needs to work on ball retention. Final pass. Decision making. And I just think he has the talent or ability. It’s not that he’s not trying or working hard. He’s just not good enough.

Yep. For all his faults i can't imagine Amartey was begging to play the ball about in our 6 yard box. I know we risk talking about the past too much but 2015/16 should always be a lesson in looking at what your players can or can't do and asking them to do the bits they're good at.

Win number 8. We need 3 more.

For a lot of today I thought we were hopeless. Our set up was utterly insane. The shape was inexplicable. So many players were asked to do things that was unnecessary. And then we got some breaks.

Soyuncu and Faes defended excellently throughout. Soumare was imperious. The sight of Soyuncu and Soumare given the freedom to play how they want to, and how they are at their best, was welcome.

The venom I feel towards Rodgers for his deliberate sabotage - Ward - Soyuncu - Soumare - Iheanacho etc. He should be in prison.

Fair play to Smith for being brave. I guess he has little to lose but I thought the crowd were excellent and we hauled the team over the line.

I have to highlight two shocking performances. Daka was inept. He was lost on the left and lost being on the pitch. Dewsbury-Hall did no better than anything any random fan being put in his shirt would do. He's fast deteriorating into Sunday league level. ****ing pathetic.
and we will lose him at the end of the season, it is infuriating when hear the football luvies sing BR praises.

his arrogance has virtually destroyed this squad.

I got bored of myself saying that the reason Soumare was shite for us was because he was being asked to play in a style completely different to what he's good at. It's why I've very rarely criticised him.

His main talent is giving him the ball and letting him run with it. It's why we signed him. On two or three occasions today, Wolves had several players around him and they couldn't do a thing. Soumare has had his confidence shattered by Rodgers but I maintain that there is a very good player in there if we're prepared to be patient.

I don’t see it. He’ll never be anywhere near good enough for the Premier League. And I wouldn’t even want him in the Championship.

He needs to work on ball retention. Final pass. Decision making. And I just think he has the talent or ability. It’s not that he’s not trying or working hard. He’s just not good enough.

Absolutely. He was a breath of fresh air last season for a while because the team were really weakened and he brought us much needed energy and enthusiasm.

This season he's been an unmitigated disaster almost every time he's been on the pitch. As I said a few weeks ago, he's the thickest player I think I've ever seen in and out of possession. It's like he does the exact opposite of the right thing almost every time.

I think spuds have departed ways with their director of football could cue the appointment of Rodgers and his team?

it would be fantastic if they appointed him and gave him free reign.

Daka, wtf has happened.to him? I said in the match thread that he's a liability. He should be told not to tackle in our half, because it costs us. When he first arrived, I saw some promise, primarily the pace. I thought he might become a decent replacement for Vardy. But he's gone backwards. He can't even finish.

Go back to basics and stop trying to make a complete player of him. Or offload him and focus our attacking options around Nacho (for now)

Thank God it was Kristiansen on the end of that pass for the second goal today. Had it been KDH he would have found a Wolves player and had it been Daka, God knows where the ball would have ended up but it wouldn’t have been at Castagne’s feet.

Daka, wtf has happened.to him? I said in the match thread that he's a liability. He should be told not to tackle in our half, because it costs us. When he first arrived, I saw some promise, primarily the pace. I thought he might become a decent replacement for Vardy. But he's gone backwards. He can't even finish.

Go back to basics and stop trying to make a complete player of him. Or offload him and focus our attacking options around Nacho (for now)
I thought that given time, both he and Soumare would become good players for us. I now only think that about Soumare.

Well I absolutely ****ing loved that, you bunch of miserable ****s

The crowd were well up for it, and so were most of the players. We got through it by grit, determination and effort, rather than skill - and I’ll take that every day of the ****ing week against wank teams like Wolves

Soyuncu was ****ing magnificent - ably assisted by the rest of the back four plus Iversen. All of them excellent

Soumare ( 55/60 minutes onwards) was simply wonderful, and the game changed dramatically when we finally hauled off the ****ing awful Tielemans and brought on Ndidi, allowing him the freedom to move forward. He looked amazing.

Big shout out for Nacho and Vardy, who worked their bollocks off. ****ing love them. Even Tete wasn’t shit, which was nice to see

Daka was nothing short of a gibbering, festering pile of rancid dogshit. A ****ing hopeless twat who is nowhere the standard required of the Premier League.

Not celebrated a goal like that for, it seems, a long long time, and the stadium was ****ing rocking for that last fifteen minutes or so. It was ****ing ace.

This is stage one of four ****ing glorious wins that are happening right now. Feel free to bitch and moan all you like, but this is gonna be ****ing brilliant.

Tattoo your Hampton, and join the ride

#stayingupwithhomer2023

Soumare played like peak Yaya Toure in that second half. He was unreal.

Daka? ****ing hell.

I won't criticise Daka. He was asked to essentially play on the left wing to offer pace on the flank but clearly not his right position. Far better down the middle, but needs must. Given how overrun we were in midfield, I called for the extra midfielder to be brought on and we looked much better in the 2nd half. Pretty sure if Vardy wasn't injured, it would've been Daka sacrificed at HT. Tete was decent though, got much more involved

Let's not get carried away folks.

Soumare was great in the second half; he was ****ing rubbish in the first. Let's see what happens shall we. If he continues playing how he did for the second half then great, but I'm a very long way from believing he is anything other than average at best.

Daka, however, has to improve 600% before he can be considered average.

He was good enough for most of last season. He's had a poor season this time around, but making a judgement of any player who has, in the past, proved their worth under Rodgers this season is a useless pursuit.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563