Post Match Leicester 3-1 Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know how to deal with my emotions this season, feel like crying with joy.

we ( and burnley) are making a mockery of the normal championship rules where everyone beats everyone.

wigan are definitely going to make the others sweat in the play offs - infact, given their form and burnley's i could see a very high total for the second and third placed teams this season. we will need 90 plus to be comfortable.

We made hard work of it today against a pretty dire Blackpool side.

This was the first time I saw Mahrez deliver a performance that merits the plaudits he's received. He was in and out of the game but his goal and his assist were outstanding. He also ran well with the ball on a few occasions and has more strength than appears likely. His performance was in contrast to Knockaert who was total dog-shite. Two embarrassing dives that I'd have given two yellows for. Poor passing, terrible crossing, poor shooting. And he got a standing ovation - for what exactly?

Schlupp was excellent in possession and in the air. If he can learn some better positional sense and stand up to a winger better, he could turn into a top left back for us. He's clearly a better left back than striker and he needs to accept this. One point, credit to Sven for identifying his ability to play there some time ago.

I also thought Taylor-Fletcher did well when he came on.

A word on Vardy and the ref. I thought Vardy was stupid today. He threw himself into challenges and wanted free kicks that simply weren't. He also deserved his yellow card for an act of complete idiocy. His all round performance today wasn't great, he missed good chances and his first touch wasn't good and he appeared to get mardy that things didn't go his way. The ref was jeered by all around me but I didn't see him do much wrong. He was generally a little more lenient on Blackpool than City but not by much. A sterner ref could have sent our petulant pair for an early bath.

We're now three points behind Reading's record 106 points total. I still don't think we'll get there but anything less than 100 now will be a disappointment.

Should have been four up inside ten minutes. Our utter dominance was absurd at times. But our finishing was piss poor.

I thought both Nugent and Knocky were complete dogshite today. Vardy pressed well, but was also well off his normal levels. De Laet also not on it at all. Schmeichel made a right shitheap effort for their goal.

In contrast, both Mahrez and Schlupp were superb. Simply superb. After a difficult first half, Drinky and James were top notch, especially the last thirty mins. And clever subs from PeesTaIn. Very clever

Not as accomplished as in recent games, but we were so superior to Shitpool it was genuinely embarrassing. These are extraordinary times.

I'm in the curious situation where I have been to more away games than home this season ( 3 to 1 I think) are we really that good at home?? (Only home game I have been at was Bolton - what a game!!)

felt today was ultimately always going to go our way and that we had been playing as well as we have been in recent weeks. was baffled by people on here saying we were poor at half time. our finishing wasn't all that in the first half but Blackpool were never in it and were more than a little bit lucky to be ahead.

They parked the bus, and for a while it worked.

The fact is that we didn't take our early chances and, had we scored from one of those, I'm fairly sure it would have been a more comfortable first half. As it was they had two chances, both from set pieces and scored from one of them.

The second half wasn't that different, other than we eventually scored a goal (and what a goal) and then we killed them off as we took more chances. It could very easily have been more by the end.

The annual junior PPF game produced another win and another 3 goals.

Last point, and I can't believe it's not been mentioned yet, what a piss poor attendance from Blackpool today. Maybe 200?

Last edited:
Mahrez goal for those who haven't seen it, not sure if it has already been posted.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/embed/xJoDCLfNJZs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572