Post Match Leicester 3 Aston Villa 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante was immense, but let's not take anything away from Mahrez who is quite simply outstanding at the moment. Almost as good as Ranieri...

I was so grumpy at 0-2...

All I'm going to say is those clueless ****s near me who were booing at half time can **** off and never ever return.

Spoilt wankers.

Either that or they spend the next fortnight tied to a chair with their eyes taped open and forced to painfully watch the 07-08 season review DVD on a continuous loop until they learn the error of their ways.

As I was watching the first half I kept thinking of all the pre-match predictions saying how shit Villa were and I thought they're not a bad team. As it turned out, once City started to really play they weren't very good at all. The changes Ranieri made were excellent and Kante was superb. I must say that though I'm not his biggest fan Drinkwater, when he stuck to doing the simple stuff had a very good game.

Football is great isn't it? from 0-2 down with less then 30 minutes left to winning 3-2 it really is something that gets the heart pumping. The reaction of that bloke who the pic was posted of was fantastic, I think we all felt the same.

As I was watching the first half I kept thinking of all the pre-match predictions saying how shit Villa were and I thought they're not a bad team. As it turned out, once City started to really play they weren't very good at all. The changes Ranieri made were excellent and Kante was superb. I must say that though I'm not his biggest fan Drinkwater, when he stuck to doing the simple stuff had a very good game.

Football is great isn't it? from 0-2 down with less then 30 minutes left to winning 3-2 it really is something that gets the heart pumping. The reaction of that bloke who the pic was posted of was fantastic, I think we all felt the same.
I scared the kids and annoyed the wife. Fabulous feeling.

Just been on one of the Villa forums to read the match thread. Starting with the optimism of the match build-up, the team line-up and the inevitable yo-yo predictions. Quiet confidence at the kick-off slowly builds to optimism and finally euphoria as the first goal for the visiting team goes in. Elation kicks in at the second which is then substantiated with exclamations of a position not reflected by the table. What a great first half but lets be quietly cautious for the second half as the manager will mix it up. Second half and quiet murmurs of questionable refereeing decisions creep in. And as for that nasty racist fella up front, *&^%$. OMG could see it coming, they're back in the game now. Bloody hel, all over us, come on lads, shore this up! WHY make that substitution? Is the manager mad? NO! We need to defend this not attack! Then the inevitable equaliser, the agony of the inevitable. "we're just throwing this away" WHY do we always do this? COME ON LADS! Shit, they're all over us, HOLD ON! ****. Bollocks. Shite. Typical. Always, always do this. Why do we always defend from the back? What's the point, bloody useless. Manager need to go, no idea. I'm ****ing done with team.

Anyone recognise us a few years back?

Kante was immense, but let's not take anything away from Mahrez who is quite simply outstanding at the moment.

Ritchie De Laet hasn't been mentioned much, if at all, but I thought he was tremendous too. Especially second half.

Missed the game but have just seen it now. Incredible comeback. Made me think of the ManU game a year ago. Mahrez is just such a beauty!

Was just typing that DD was excellent as they begun singing his praises on MOTD 2. Excellent all round performance, and great assist. Plus was doing two jobs in the first half, as Inler was anonymous.

That's obviously on top of the others. Mahrez was immense second half. And Kante must start next match.

Just been on one of the Villa forums to read the match thread. Starting with the optimism of the match build-up, the team line-up and the inevitable yo-yo predictions. Quiet confidence at the kick-off slowly builds to optimism and finally euphoria as the first goal for the visiting team goes in. Elation kicks in at the second which is then substantiated with exclamations of a position not reflected by the table. What a great first half but lets be quietly cautious for the second half as the manager will mix it up. Second half and quiet murmurs of questionable refereeing decisions creep in. And as for that nasty racist fella up front, *&^%$. OMG could see it coming, they're back in the game now. Bloody hel, all over us, come on lads, shore this up! WHY make that substitution? Is the manager mad? NO! We need to defend this not attack! Then the inevitable equaliser, the agony of the inevitable. "we're just throwing this away" WHY do we always do this? COME ON LADS! Shit, they're all over us, HOLD ON! ****. Bollocks. Shite. Typical. Always, always do this. Why do we always defend from the back? What's the point, bloody useless. Manager need to go, no idea. I'm ****ing done with team.

Anyone recognise us a few years back?
Was texting a Villa supporting mate during the game, pretty much sums up his side of the conversation. Altho he was very quiet at 2-0, even predicted they would lose at half time :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Was just typing that DD was excellent as they begun singing his praises on MOTD 2. Excellent all round performance, and great assist. Plus was doing two jobs in the first half, as Inler was anonymous.

Yes. Makes his mediocre first Prem season after his excellence in the promotion push even more mysterious. I'll give Inler a free pass for his efforts, he can't expect to be playing against an England international defence every week, but I'm sure he'll get there.

Great comeback. A few tremendous performances and a fantastic debut from Dyer. First ha;f was disappointing but I wouldn't say we were terrible, just lacked a bit of impetus. Thought Villa's goal was a little lucky to be allowed as it certainly looked as though Albrighton was fouled as he was clearing the ball.

Kante was fantastic when he came on and I can't imagine him not starting at Stoke. I thought Inler had an average game, nowhere near as bad as some have made out. He gave the ball away a few times but apart from that he didn't do much else wrong. It's the necessary phasing in period though and he'll certainly come good once he adjusts.

I thought Huth again was a little suspect today. Morgan however, looks a completely different player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669