Post Match Leicester 3 Birmingham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much much better in that 2nd half.
Could not believe the screen froze just as Shclupp pulled back his foot when through on the keeper. Had to reload it and then celebrated when they showed the replay.

Their defence looked shaky in that 2nd half because all 3 strikers attacked them and made them panic. Mostly in the first half their defence seemed first to the ball and cleared up. Some good disllays although SSL had some dodgy moments and could have gor himself sent off.
Bamba almost back to his best much better defensively than the previous 2 games.
Bring on the Chelsea.

Bloody hell. I booked a trip to London before the moved this one and was a bit annoyed when I realised I'd have to miss it. I consoled myself by thinking it was a game we'd probably end up losing anyway. Glad we've won and all that, but I'm annoyed to get back in and find I've missed what appears to be a good win.

Got to disagree, he looked pretty good at RB, better in the air than pelts, and gave the option going forward.

Tbf to him, it was his first game starting as Right Back, as far as I'm aware, so a bit unfair to criticize him after a good win, but in my eyes he looked shite. Maybe in a few games getting used to that position he will overtake Pelts and Pantsil in the running for next season, and come good

Ok, quoting myself here from the pre-match thread but I see it needs reiterating and updating.

There are now just four points separating the teams in 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th. Highly likely that four of these teams will hit bad form in the remaining matches. We have crashed through the 50 point barrier and have closed the gap. 6 points off 6th position and only 8 points off 4th, and with ten games still left - season over? Do me a favour!

Should reiterate that if we make the play-offs we'll fook it up.

Joe_Fox

How people keep touting us for the play offs still is beyond me. Whilst it is still mathematically possible we ****ed it up long ago mate. 6 points off with games running out and having played a game more than most of those above us. We have also been utterly inconsistant all season. Reality check, we've just beaten a side in bad form on our own turf and we only recently managed to string together two league wins on the bounce and promptly went on to screw up any chance of 'going on a run' by losing the next two. In summary, if we make the play offs, I will eat my hat!

Reading are shoe ins for a place, I'd back Middlesboro', Hull are in great form and let's not forget Brighton sneaking in under the radar in good form currently occupying a play off place too..

haha and why would that be? Schlupp would have still been on the pitch and Nugent would have put it away anyway.

I expected better from you to be honest but I'm obviously not as good a judge of character as I thought.

Because I've drunk a load of cider on top of my medication and am off my tits and misread your post. It was meant to be a light hearted piss take and I'm so sorry I have fallen below your expectations but more fool you for having any of me in the first place. I'm a **** and Steven should never have won the award.

How people keep touting us for the play offs still is beyond me. Whilst it is still mathematically possible we ****ed it up long ago mate. 6 points off with games running out and having played a game more than most of those above us. We have also been utterly inconsistant all season. Reality check, we've just beaten a side in bad form on our own turf and we only recently managed to string together two league wins on the bounce and promptly went on to screw up any chance of 'going on a run' by losing the next two. In summary, if we make the play offs, I will eat my hat!

Reading are shoe ins for a place, I'd back Middlesboro', Hull are in great form and let's not forget Brighton sneaking in under the radar in good form currently occupying a play off place too..

All I can say is I hope you have a tasty hat.

What type of hat are we talking about? A flat cap? A wooly?

According to Stringy, if you were to bottle determination tonight, you'd find Schluppy's name written on the bottle.
I have a few questions about this. What form does this 'determination' take, is it liquid or a type of powder? What if you use, for example, a Pepsi bottle, does the writing magically change from Pepsi to Schlupp? Or does the writing take a different form.
I do have other questions, but that'll make a start

Schmeichel - 7

St Ledger - 7

Morgan - 7

Bamba - 7

Kennedy - 7

Gallagher - 6

Danns - 7.5

Wellens - 7.5

Dyer - 7

Beckford - 7

Nugent - 7

Subs:

Schlupp - 7

Marshall - 6

My gut reaction. I thought it was a very good team performance. We played very well as a unit and took our chances when they came. Thought the referee was very poor and their penalty was a joke.

Last edited:
The girl that was just on the radio, Dagnall and Alan Young seemed very excited when she said it was her 18th this weekend. Young's "Wheyy!" may as well have been a "Giggity!"

NP on now.

Bugger me that was good. Pashun all the way. Totally confused about their peno? Their guy, tall as he was, could never have got on to that ball. All in all though didn't matter as she did 'em. HA!

Bugger me that was good. Pashun all the way. Totally confused about their peno? Their guy, tall as he was, could never have got on to that ball. All in all though didn't matter as she did 'em. HA!

"SHE" did 'em????

A baseball cap..

Maybe I should put money on us not making it - what are the odds? Every time I bet against us on vbookie we seem to win XD

On a more on topic note, we were okay today, personally I still think we looked very shakey at the back. Was very impressed with Schlupp in particular, held the ball up well, good finish for the goal and appears to make good decisions even if they are only the basic ones (which are more often the best ones). Will atleast keep Beckford and Nugent on their toes. Beckford had a good game today too, was surprised when Nuge went off for Schlupp rather than Beckford going off as usually happens but it paid off nicely. The consistancy is a real issue, you need that if you are going to make the play offs, it would be nice to put a string of good results together to finish off the season even if we ultimately miss out this time around. I'm just praying the owners will have a bit of patience so the club can see a little bit of stability again and that should eventually see us in the right direction!

There are a number of teams who have played a game less. Hull, Middlesboro, Birmingham and West Ham. Three of which have been on very good form of late.

Which three have been in good form?

Not Birmingham. They've gone four league games without a win.
Not Hull. They went five games without a win before tonight.
West Ham maybe, but their home form is not good at the moment, they've drawn the last four.
Middlesbrough have been on a good run but they were awful against Leeds on Sunday, so maybe that's over.

Which three have been in good form?

Not Birmingham. They've gone four league games without a win.
Not Hull. They went five games without a win before tonight.
West Ham maybe, but their home form is not good at the moment, they've drawn the last four.
Middlesbrough have been on a good run but they were awful against Leeds on Sunday, so maybe that's over.

West Ham are, Middlesboro are despite their recent setback against Leeds. Hull are unbeaten in 10 Championship games, that's not good form? Fair enough they drew the last five before today but they were still picking up points and a very good win away at Cardiff tonight might see them back on track. Even Birmingham, they may be in bad form now but they did go on a good run before the barren spell they are currently on and they haven't fallen too far off the pace. They are still in touching distance, unlike us and have played a game less than us. Aside from those four you've also got the top two, Leeds, Blackpool and Brighton who are all better placed than us as well. Crystal Palace will also go above us if they win their game in hand.

Like I say, it's very unlikely especially given that we haven't been able to string many consecutive good results together and haven't really looked like doing so either..

Every other time, I've been spurred on by a win and thought we could do it, then be disappointed.

6 points is doable... but we won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669