Post Match Leicester 3 Birmingham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 days til just another game.last game of season 4 us is whu=promo and play off party-a good knees up in the east end

rofl, up the foexs!!!!!!!!!!!11

my missus will be a fox for a day.she holds drogba and terry in the same esteem as jezza clarkson.unfortunately chelsea have not imploded post -AVB.So time for NP to justify his salary.I will keep my fingers crossed

my missus will be a fox for a day.she holds drogba and terry in the same esteem as jezza clarkson.unfortunately chelsea have not imploded post -AVB.So time for NP to justify his salary.I will keep my fingers crossed
That's a bold statement.

It looks like its been pinched from elsewhere and posted here, if you ask me...

After next Saturdays match you could be above us on goal difference and in the next round of the cup.
My wife and I both think this is unlikely.

After next Saturdays match you could be above us on goal difference and in the next round of the cup.
My wife and I both think this is unlikely.

YOU AND I / MY WIFE AND I

Some people use 'I' in expressions like 'you and I' or 'my wife and I' when, in some instances, they should be using 'me'.

It is a present from my wife and me. ("me" – objective case of "I" after the preposition "from")
It is a present from my wife and I.
(This is as wrong as saying "from I".)
Keep this between you and I.
(This is as wrong as saying "between I and the post".)

Remember, prepositions govern the objective case. Therefore, the word 'I' must change to 'me' when it is the object of a preposition (i.e., follows it). The fact that it is preceded by 'you and' or 'my wife and' is irrelevant.

In fact, you should only use 'I' in an expression like 'you and I' when it is the subject of the verb. For example:

You and I argue on this subject on a daily basis.
("You and I" — subject of the verb 'to argue')
My husband and I accept your apology.
("My husband and I" — subject of the verb 'to accept')

If the terms 'objective case' and 'subject of a verb' are confusing, there is a neat trick to determine whether to use the 'you and I' form or the 'you and me' form. Simply remove everything apart from the 'I' and try your sentence again. You will naturally use the correct version.

It was proposed by my husband and I/me. Question: I or me?

Step 1: Remove "my husband and".
Step 2: Try the sentence again.
Step 3a: It was proposed by I.
Step 3b: It was proposed by me.

Therefore:

It was proposed by my husband and me.
It was proposed by my husband and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697