Post Match Leicester 3 Blackburn 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most importantly we didn't miss Nugent, and when you consider he's been our only reliable striker for a huge part of the current season, that is a real blessing. He can now get some physio on his neck, and not be rushed back.
images

Apparantly he always scores v Ipswich, but id tend to agree and rest/treat him until his neck is 100% better

Blackburn were up there with some of the poorest opposition of the season. A back four with zero pace, a midfield who couldn't be arsed and a strikeforce given long balls to chase.

Nice to see the team look more threating. Far more balanced across the eleven yesterday. Kane looks like an ideal strike partner for anyone; comes short for the ball and buzzes around in front of the defence.

Very happy for Kingy.

King had seemed to be struggling for confidence in front of goal for a while. I hope this is a turning point and he starts to get on the scoresheet more regularly.

For those that were there, was Kasper's save as good as they made out on the radio and in the papers today?

It's on YouTube now from the club, but to be honest, looks a good save but nothing THAT special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L7qorzSbxng#!

But, is it just a shit angle? Shot was going low, so has Kasper changed direction and the camera misses the first part?
Looks fairly comfortable to me. I guess he deserves credit for staying on his feet long enough to see the deflection, but the save in itself I think was pretty standard for a Championship keeper. As you say, good save but not spectacular.

Looks fairly comfortable to me. I guess he deserves credit for staying on his feet long enough to see the deflection, but the save in itself I think was pretty standard for a Championship keeper. As you say, good save but not spectacular.
Wow! You guys are hard to please. I wasn't at the game, but seeing that clip, my first reaction was to think what a jaw-droppingly great save it is. When you see it again in slo-mo and then another couple of times it looks less spectacular because the impact wears off.

I hadn't realised that you were old enough to remember him.

I remember him well - played in midfield during the eighties. Pretty average, if I recall

He wouldn't have got anywhere near it, you silly old sod

I remember him well - played in midfield during the eighties. Pretty average, if I recall

Yeah, he was only fairly average, but he went on to become a great street artist. His graffiti work has defined the art form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566