Post Match Leicester 3 Bournemouth 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should have been a red card.

If the foul had been against us the crowd would have been screaming for a reds card.

It should have been a red card.

If the foul had been against us the crowd would have been screaming for a reds card.
Of course it should. As most of the 'experts' in the game commenting on it have already said and will say later on.

The only thing that may have saved him was the fact that he was turning as he planted his foot, but it looked bad.

Of course it should. As most of the 'experts' in the game commenting on it have already said and will say later on.
a lot of experts were calling Hamza's tackle on Wednesday a "horror challenge" when it was picture perfect example of a tackle, low, hard, one footed and with the side of the foot

a lot of experts were calling Hamza's tackle on Wednesday a "horror challenge" when it was picture perfect example of a tackle, low, hard, one footed and with the side of the foot
Did you see the challenge today? Didn’t think so.

Did you see the challenge today? Didn’t think so.
saw it at the time and like everyone else in the stadium including the Bournemouth players I didn't think much of it, when I see it back I'll decide then, so long as they play it at full speed not super slow mo

saw it at the time and like everyone else in the stadium including the Bournemouth players I didn't think much of it, when I see it back I'll decide then, so long as they play it at full speed not super slow mo
It was a dreadful challenge Skitzo.

Really wasn't a dreadful challenge. They both went for and missed the ball. Could easily have been Tielemans under Wilsons foot. Accidental is all it was.

I enjoyed it - solid defensively, exciting going forward. Lots of ifs, buts, maybes about a potential red card but over all we put in a very confident performance against a decent side that we've struggled against in recent seasons. Onward and upward!

It was purely accidental as he was trying to put his body in between Wilson and the ball, no malicious intent whatsoever.

I wouldn’t have complained had he been given a red for it. However I wouldn’t deem it to be a “clear and obvious” mistake personally, hence why VAR didn’t change it. I imagine it was a close call though.

I am stunned by how good Soyuncu looks. He uses his body incredibly well and he’s got great pace, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

I am stunned by how good Soyuncu looks. He uses his body incredibly well and he’s got great pace, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.
best thing you can say for him we simply do not miss Maguire right now

I know what you meant ,but my point is that it being his first Premier League game is not very relevant. He has lots of experience refereeing matches at a good level.
it actually is though, you and I will have seen more than our fair share of refs at Championship level that are clearly not of that standard, so any new ref to the PL is facing just as big an adjustment as a player would, being a regular of the championship is no guarantee of anything

It was purely accidental as he was trying to put his body in between Wilson and the ball, no malicious intent whatsoever.

I wouldn’t have complained had he been given a red for it. However I wouldn’t deem it to be a “clear and obvious” mistake personally, hence why VAR didn’t change it. I imagine it was a close call though.

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670