Post Match Leicester 3 Bournemouth 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Brendan Rodgers is a respectable manager. Mr Paulo Sousa looked cool and dressed as if he intended to- seduce somebody's wife. d Mr Craig Shakespeare dressed as if he was taking time off from his allotment. Mr Rodgers wears a dark suit and has the seriousnessof a 1950s bank clerk. However, even Brendan burst into laughter when Hamza tried to come on as a substitute and had to be sent back to the bench because he had forgotten to put on a Leicester City kit.

Mr Rodgers substitutions were all shrewd. When a defence is tiring they do not wanrt to facew the pace of Demari Graty Bringing on Hamza made sense when you are protecting a lead. The admirable Jonny Evans had been rolling in agony shortly before Mr Fuchs came on. I am sure Evans pain was genuine which is more than I can say for the acting of James Maddison.

Jamie Vardys first goal was reminiscent of Frankie Wortho at his best. The difference is that having run with the ball Frankie would have been knackered for the rest of the match.

I was disappointed with the chants about Harry McGuire who has done nothing to deserve them. I was even more disappointed by the reaction to Gray coming on. Gray is a talented young man and hopefully will do well under Rodgers. Last season Gray underachieved but a free spirit like Gray was never going to flourish under a Cromwellian like Puel

Nice to read an intelligent, well written and entertaining post.

I also smiled when Hamza tried to get on wearing a grey shirt.

Not sure I agree Madders deserves an Oscar. He does get a lot of physical attention from the opposition and you can't blame him from wanting to protect himself.

I also dislike the chant about HM with its unnecessary abusive words. Unfortunately it will give our fans a bad reputation when voiced during our next game.

Gray will do very well under Rodgers. He is going to be like a new player for us.

Gray has underachieved for Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel and Rodgers. He's underachieved starting games or coming off the bench. He's underachieved wide right, wide left, behind the striker and as striker. He did much better yesterday but I'll need a lot more evidence than 20 minutes that his 3.5 years of utter tripe is over. For different reasons, he has also earned supporters disrespect. It's up to him to do something about it.

Football in general and LCFC is about much more than what happens on the pitch. What goes on during training and player man-management is just as important if not more so.

Brendan did the right thing by dropping Gray completely out of the squad for a couple of games and telling him to change his ways in training. There is only so much arm around the shoulder you can do.

I thought Gray was a revelation yesterday so Rodgers approach has clearly worked. Now it's up to the player.

Unfortunately, the early signs are that it looks as if the manager may have already lost patience with Kelechi. Time will tell.

Not only do I enjoy seeing United concede, I always make sure to know exactly where Maguire is when they do. It can sometimes be difficult to find him as he’s often nowhere near the ball.

I agree with BN. It can be said he behaved well, but he allowed the speculation to grow, and likely seeded much of it himself. Further, he’s joined a club in a shambles, leaving one that is hungry and well run. He’s made his bed.

Still maintain we are a better defensive unit without him.

He’s a beauty. He puts a smile on your face and that’s one of the best things you can say about a footballer in my opinion.

He surely must have been told by Rodgers to change his game and not get forward as much as he used to for us. Either that or he just no longer has the confidence to do it.

Strange when you think how much more attacking Ricardo is in comparison.

When he was going forward in other matches we had two defensive midfielders to help the defence. For most of the Bournemouth match
we only had one.

When he was going forward in other matches we had two defensive midfielders to help the defence. For most of the Bournemouth match
we only had one.

It's traditional for every season to begin with people slagging off Chilwell.

Meanwhile every other club will continue to covet him.

Sounds similar to some posters and Maguire.

Is that because he starts every single season like he's still on the piss?

If so then a very concerning pattern for a player supposedly as good as he is.

Wasn't slagging him off. Just stating he does not get forward as much as he has done in the past for whatever reason.

Wasn't slagging him off. Just stating he does not get forward as much as he has done in the past for whatever reason.
If Barnes is playing he doesn't need to as much as Barnes himself provides some attacking width

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669