Post Match Leicester 3 Everton 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to Carlisle before the train I missed.

When I lived in Ramsgate my train company ordered taxi used to get me home from London about 20 minutes quicker than the train every time.

26 minutes late from Derby

29 minutes late from Chesterfield.

Now expected Leeds at 23:25

Just got off a plane in Dubai, watched highlights straight away. Incredible.

It's been hard following this season due to time differences but I have pretty much caught all the games. How the hell did I manage to book a long haul flight when we lift the trophy.

See you at the trophy parade.

I saw my first live City match in 1966 - but in 50 years I never expected to see this day !
I bought some blue food colouring to add to the Champagne for the long over due celebrations - but it seems the colourant is oil based - and I ended up with apale yellow fizzy drink with little blue globules jostled by the bubbles - but you know what? It has never tasted better!

BTW Andy King = legend

30 late at Sheffield

Now running 36 late approaching Wakefield.

Due Leeds 23:34

Skipton train has left Leeds. You've missed it.

Without wishing to further the train talk, the original delay was due to the fact that half of Melton was waiting for the train afterwards. The station staff wouldn't release the Leeds train, because of people singing (despite the fact that they were plenty clear of the train) and seemed to revel in their power at holding the train. It was ridiculous.

I never knew an atmosphere could be that good. Sheltering from the rain in the concourse about 4.30 there was a wonderful singsong - Dilly Dong. Champions Of England and of course Ranieri oh oh.

The performance in the match was excellent. There was no hint of complacency - we were without two key players but Marcin did well and I don't see how Drinkwater could have improved on King's performance. .

The fireworks and general display after the match were tremendous. I hope the moron who ran on the pitch is banned for life. However, keep off the pitch would make more sense if there were not hundreds of people already on it. When we win it again next year it would be better to keep it to the players and the playing staff rather than everyone with any connection to a player.

I have left the event at 5.00 till last deliberately. I never thought Andrea Bocelli would come to Leicester It was a privilege to be there and was quite simply the finest singing most of us will ever witness.

Bocelli was amazing. Spine tingling stuff, that felt perfect for the occasion.

I thought I might lose my composure today. I didn't, but listening to Bocelli brought me close. I just close my eyes and listened. Stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566