Post Match Leicester 3 Everton 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to get up and try this Half Marathon despite last night's celebrations... This could be interesting :/

The fireworks and general display after the match were tremendous. I hope the moron who ran on the pitch is banned for life. However, keep off the pitch would make more sense if there were not hundreds of people already on it. When we win it again next year it would be better to keep it to the players and the playing staff rather than everyone with any connection to a player.

Spot on, David

I want to see Claudio and the boys parading the trophy in a true lap of honour, and so give them our appreciation. Top is included in that group, but I don't want to see just him showing off the trophy n his own, with a load of hangers on, I want to see the players with it

And I don't want to see wives, kids, second cousin Malcolm and Great Aunty Mabel either. Feck off and leave it to the people who just won the sodding league

They got most things right yesterday, but this they got horribly wrong

What a day, got a thumping head this morning but hey. Counting House was buzzing after the game, big firework display at the stadium around 11:00pm

Happy days

Agree too many on pitch at end. They should have kept all the rellys in the roped areas wgilst the players and key backroom team paraded. Maybe the odd players kid thrown in but not the melee we saw.
Was hard to spot who was who in all that crowd.
On a related plus point though it was an unexpected privilege to see Peter Schmiecel there for his boy. Gave me a lump in throat.

I don't want to see wives, kids, second cousin Malcolm and Great Aunty Mabel either. Feck off and leave it to the people who just won the sodding league

Agree too many on pitch at end. They should have kept all the rellys in the roped areas wgilst the players and key backroom team paraded. Maybe the odd players kid thrown in but not the melee we saw.

When are you two going to get it into your heads that football is no longer for the people who get off their arses and go to the stadium. We, the worldwide global audience, were able to focus in on everything that was important. The individual players, the lifting of the cup, the glances between player and staff member, the emotion on the face of our great leader; yes, everything that was important - and without all of the distraction that you poor sods who go to the game had to endure.

Mind you, having spent a couple of hours in the company of Mrs Spencer Prior and daughter at a pre-season friendly at Sixfields some years back, I would have preferred it if the cameras had concentrated a little more on the wives and girlfriends and hadn't allowed that Italian bloke and some kind of trophy to hog the limelight.

...an unexpected privilege to see Peter Schmiecel. Gave me a lump in throat.

That image will haunt me form the rest of my life.

Brilliant professional performance from the players, thought Andy King was superb and delighted that he contributed with an assist and a goal. The celebrations were superb and it was wonderful to see our club and fans having such a day that will live with us all forever.

Bocelli was amazing, bought a tear or two to my eyes.

What a day.

Somehow, I kept myself together. Although, I did feel like I was dreaming rather than truly experiencing it.

Over the years, one or two chants from opposition fans have always privately grated with me. When we tease a team about their chances of success with 'you're gonna win feck all', the obvious riposte comes from them of 'you've never won feck all'. We've always had to take that one on the chin. Yesterday, it struck me that nobody can do this to us any more.

I wish Top had handed the trophy over to the players earlier than he did. But the owners have made very few bad steps so can be forgiven some self-aggrandising.

Bocelli was a delight, including the sight of Ranieri alongside him and the crowd joining in. Brilliantly choreographed and stage-managed.

The match was markedly different to the last comparable occasion where we played like hungover wrecks against Brighton two years ago. Outstanding professionalism all round ably assisted by Everton ineptitude.

I'm happy to accept that, no matter what, it will never get better than this. This is easily enough to satisfy me for a lifetime.

Yesterday I was mainly dressed in Alliance and Leicester and drinking champagne. Today I am mainly hungover but very, very, very happy.

My word, what a day.

I spent 5 hours after the events at the ground getting utterly shitfaced with loads of Italians.

I think im actually coming down from a sublime day now, motd has helped.

Love you all

The owners tried to leave it to the players and coaching staff to get the limelight at the start of the post match celebrations, Claudio insisted they got in on the act. They stuck to their choice of manager when the media and idiots were laughing at the suggestion before he was appointed. For that reason I'm more than happy that they were basking in it.

The owners tried to leave it to the players and coaching staff to get the limelight at the start of the post match celebrations, Claudio insisted they got in on the act. They stuck to their choice of manager when the media and idiots were laughing at the suggestion before he was appointed. For that reason I'm more than happy that they were basking in it.
And apart from all the glory, bocelli, free beer, crisps, scarves, winning the PL etc etc, the owners also see the need for us to have something to moan about. They even got that right.

I'm watching back Bocelli's peformance on Sky now. Probably the happiest I've ever been inside a football ground. I've no idea how I didn't blub. I'll carry yesterday around with me forever.

Incredible day for our club! espectacular Bocelli and great match of all team. Hope we could retain a lot of players for next season.

Another thing which nearly got me going yesterday; Birch bringing out the trophy, beaming. He must have felt fantastic. I certainly did watching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566