Post Match Leicester 3 Southampton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sven says:

It was a very good football game.

Both goalkeepers saved their team. Theirs in the first half, Kasper in the second half.

I understand why Southampton have been on a good run. They play excellent football, they've been together a long time.

Don't know how many weeks Nugent will be out. Working on getting another striker in. Clubs are asking for more money because of what we've spent.

Sven says:

It was a very good football game.

Both goalkeepers saved their team. Theirs in the first half, Kasper in the second half.

I understand why Southampton have been on a good run. They play excellent football, they've been together a long time.

Don't know how many weeks Nugent will be out. Working on getting another striker in. Clubs are asking for more money because of what we've spent.

About fair

Glad we got the points but would love to ask the ref a couple of things. Firstly, did you forget your red card? If not, why did Danns and Vassell both finish the game after committing dangerous fouls? Danns could have walked twice but he bottled it both times. Secondly, why was City's third allowed to stand after Bamba climbed all over Lambert? Without the benefit of replays, my first thought is that Saints have every right to feel cheated by the ref. I love to see my team win but it's less fun when it feels like we were assisted by incompetent refereeing. I fully expect Madrid Fox or whatever his name is will be getting his pen out again...

Anyway, back to the game. Both sides played very well, thought we shaded the first half and they the second. Mills still doesn't look like a £5 million defender. Bamba will turn my hair white soon. How Saints didn't at least grab a point with all that late pressure and our comedy defending is beyond me. Not as tense as Bramall Lane last season but still heart attack stuff.

Three points, very nice. Thank you :thumbs_up

Glad we got the points but would love to ask the ref a couple of things. Firstly, did you forget your red card? If not, why did Danns and Vassell both finish the game after committing dangerous fouls? Danns could have walked twice but he bottled it both times. Secondly, why was City's third allowed to stand after Bamba climbed all over Lambert? Without the benefit of replays, my first thought is that Saints have every right to feel cheated by the ref. I love to see my team win but it's less fun when it feels like we were assisted by incompetent refereeing. I fully expect Madrid Fox or whatever his name is will be getting his pen out again...

Anyway, back to the game. Both sides played very well, thought we shaded the first half and they the second. Mills still doesn't look like a £5 million defender. Bamba will turn my hair white soon. How Saints didn't at least grab a point with all that late pressure and our comedy defending is beyond me. Not as tense as Bramall Lane last season but still heart attack stuff.

Didn't one of their players get booked twice as well?

Just got back. We were excellent in the first half. It was the first time this season we've looked threatening every time we went forward. Southampton were also good in the first half but we definitely deserved to go in with the lead, although perhaps not 3-1. I was surprised the ref let Bamba get away with mounting Lambert for our third. I suspect that the ref let it go after not giving a penalty for a foul on Schlupp a few minutes previously.

I was disappointed by how much we sat back after they scored their second, although it may have been a case of us being forced back rather than sitting deep by choice. Southampton are a very good side and will be up there come May. They reminded me very much of Norwich last season with their style of play. Good on the ball, good at the physical stuff. Schlupp deserves a lot of praise. His first touch was mostly excellent and he held the ball up well and created space for others. He looks a prospect.

All in all, a very good victory. There were worrying moments at the back, but ultimately we've just beaten one of the best sides in this league. A lot to be happy about this evening.

Didn't think we'd hold on, but great result and a good day all round results wise. What's the latest on Nugent's injury?

Didn't think we'd hold on, but great result and a good day all round results wise. What's the latest on Nugent's injury?
Hamstring strain. Could be a few weeks according to Sven.

It would be churlish to complain so I will just savour the moment and enjoy the memory of the three points.

So may not actually miss any games.
Yep I suppose there is a chance. Sven said he may have to have a scan but not sure yet. It would be nice to think that we might have another striker in soon also.

Kasper - 9
Pantsil - 6 skinned for their first
Bamba 4 - worst I've seen him play, left his man free for the first
Mills - 5 hmm
Konchelski - 6 good going forward should have got the man for their second
wellens - 7 bossed it in the middle first half, less second
king - 5
Fernandes - 8 never stopped running
Vassell - 7 held it up well and looked dangerous. Knackered by the end
Schlupp - 8 did very well and won some good free kicks
Danns - 7 ran all game and looked good in possession

Gallagher - 6 didn't do bad

Good going forward today but looked suspect at the back, especially in the air.

All in all though, a well fought 3 points and I don't care how they come

Not sure I'd agree with Konchesky and King. Konchesky blundered 4 passes in the first half and King put in the cross to score Vassel.

We've had shit refs for the last few games, it was our turn to have a referee who was shit toward the oposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00