Leicester 4 Cheltenham 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen us put five past anyone, I thought Saturday was going to be the day.

That 5-2 win vs Sunderland in which Collymore got a hat-trick is still my favourite ever game ive been to.

Aye, forgot that one. Ok then, never seen us stick a 5 goal lead past anyone. Except the faint memories of watching highlights of us beating Rochdale something like 6 or 7 - 1.

Aye, forgot that one. Ok then, never seen us stick a 5 goal lead past anyone. Except the faint memories of watching highlights of us beating Rochdale something like 6 or 7 - 1.

We won 6-0 against Carlisle.....................about 25 years ago:icon_lol:

Yeah we beat Rochdale in the 93-4 season i think, 6-1 in like the second round of the league cup. Saw the highlights on a video with Joachim on the cover, when season reviews captured on tape were called magazines, and came in different volumes.

Yeah we beat Rochdale in the 93-4 season i think, 6-1 in like the second round of the league cup. Saw the highlights on a video with Joachim on the cover, when season reviews captured on tape were called magazines, and came in different volumes.

I read that as "we beat Rochdale 93-4"... now THAT would be a result to remember...

Cambridge United in the Play off semi-final?

I am also going to give Martin Allen some credit, Cheltenham look a poor side but Allen at least came looking to have a go and not just put 11 men behind the ball and defend all game. It was an open game which allowed us to play at our best and look at the result. No wonder teams come to the Walkers and "park the bus".

It was not Martin Allen's job to allow us to play at our best. It was his job to get at least one point and preferably three against players with more talent than his. That is what Kenny Jackett did when Millwall came here and beat us.
The Cheltenahm players lacked talent and lacked fight and made it easy for us thereby letting down their excellent supporters. In other words they were like the "team" (?) Martin Allen created here.

That is not to knock our performance since you cannot do more than beat the team in front of you and some of our play was superb.

Think he could be someone's saviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570