Post Match Leicester 4 Derby 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's The Old Fox?

I think those of us who were forcibly critical of NP last season were right to be. He made a lot of very foolish mistakes that cost us a terrific chance of promotion.

I genuinely didn't see a man of 50 who'd shown no sense of his own deficiencies learning, changing or improving. But he has.

His management of the squad over the Millwall/Stoke games was excellent. His faith in people like Vardy was clearly well placed. His ability to change tactics, personnel and formation when appropriate has appeared from nowhere and he is to be commended for that.

I still can't go too far and say that I like NP. Or that I think he'd be any good as a Premier League manager. But I've evolved enough to want to see him given a shot at it.

I hope other critics of NP can, like me, truly respect what he's done this season even though I suspect we still half expect him to feck it all up with some insane decision and retreat back into pig-headed stubbornness.

I hope NP listened to some of the criticism he received and acknowledged that there was something in it. I will always maintain the MONs drive and achievements were fueled by the early criticism of him and fear that his career could disintegrate. Sometimes, it's a very effective means of moving someone forward. Sometimes it's not.

NP is doing a good job now and it's a poor show if his critics cannot counter criticism with praise where it is due.

View from a Derby fan.........

Crap reporting full of inaccuracies and mistakes.

Except for this bit of course "...the fact that the Foxes are by far and away the best team in the League...

Any compliments for us? Go on, even though it hurts! ;)
I just did.

The 4-1 should have been 8 or 9 such was your dominance. Just a pity - for you, you couldn't best us.

Liam Moore mentioned it somewhere (might be OS) but they look like a team this season (brothers I think he used).

They work for each other, they cover for one another when they're out of position, they praise each other when due, they're not afraid to criticise each other but most of all they all seem to be enjoying themselves.

This is a big difference for me. In previous years, there has been a lot of blame placed, a lot of pointing fingers, passing on blame to another player and not tracking back to help your team. Players like Liam have come out after the game (not Hitzlsperger style) on the radio and accepted responsibility for a goal. I can't think of any other time, other than a defeat which I won't mention, where that has been done.

When we concede a goal now there's an anger, fairly sure Matty James was one to blow his top last night at the slack marking, but there's a belief that once it's done it's done and that we can go on and win regardless and I don't feel we have had that for a long time.

what do william hill know that the other bookies dont ? currently the only firm to have us odds against winning the league and offering half a point longer than anyone else on promotion. also have derby shortest on both counts (half the odds of the rest on being champions !). i can only conclude that in a fairly soft book, they have taken too much money on derby and want to take some on us to reduce their exposure. (or they dont know what happened last night!)

i think those of us who were forcibly critical of np last season were right to be. He made a lot of very foolish mistakes that cost us a terrific chance of promotion.

I genuinely didn't see a man of 50 who'd shown no sense of his own deficiencies learning, changing or improving. But he has.

His management of the squad over the millwall/stoke games was excellent. His faith in people like vardy was clearly well placed. His ability to change tactics, personnel and formation when appropriate has appeared from nowhere and he is to be commended for that.

I still can't go too far and say that i like np. Or that i think he'd be any good as a premier league manager. But i've evolved enough to want to see him given a shot at it.

I hope other critics of np can, like me, truly respect what he's done this season even though i suspect we still half expect him to feck it all up with some insane decision and retreat back into pig-headed stubbornness.

I hope np listened to some of the criticism he received and acknowledged that there was something in it. I will always maintain the mons drive and achievements were fueled by the early criticism of him and fear that his career could disintegrate. Sometimes, it's a very effective means of moving someone forward. Sometimes it's not.

Np is doing a good job now and it's a poor show if his critics cannot counter criticism with praise where it is due.

wot e sed

Quite simply one of the best games of football I have seen in a long long while.

It was the best performance for a long time but as a game of football it should have been a bit of a contest....... not men against boys...... The best game of football (for the neutral) might be foxes v foxes.... much fairer.

I just did.

The 4-1 should have been 8 or 9 such was your dominance. Just a pity - for you, you couldn't best us.

Yes a shame. Then our lead over you would be 17 points instead of a paltry 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669