Post Match Leicester 4 Derby 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to think of a City game on tv that i've enjoyed more since the Colly/Heskey 5-2 Sunderland game. Great effort, and on that showing, even this pessimistic old fool is starting to believe. Lovely stuff.

Only down side was the attendance, poor show for top of the table and how we have been playing, & an even poorer effort from the sheep

Pissed all over them.

I would call it the best performance I've seen from us in a decade, but we were so good against Watford earlier in the year that I can't.

We were ****ing superb.

Come on you City Slickers!!! ;)

Awesome performance some wonderful incisive attacking football but what really impressed me was the work rate and desire. Even at 4-1 the players never switched off, Liam Moore has improved beyond recognition a real quality player.

Well done to the owners for sticking with Peestain and well done to Peestain for such an amazing job in turning around the club from the shambles inherited from Sven

A stunning performance, ruined only by the fact that we only scored four - their sheer effort and skill deserved double that

The most impressive part was our mastery of ball retention and control. I can't recall seeing that much natural technique on show from a City side for many years.

The back four were excellent, but De Laet was outstanding. Drink water showed why he was player of the month, and together with James murdered them in midfield. Dyer was a constant threat, as he has been all season. And Vardy and Nugent were simply electric. Absolutely nor edible. Thought Knocky was poor, but maybe only in comparison to the rest of the team.

The most complete, dominant, skilful performance we have seen for donkey's years.

PeeStAin Out, before he fecks it up....

Wow. That was some performance tonight. Very, very impressed with Vardy. Like everyone else, I've been delighted with his improvement this season, but I've still had concerns about one or two aspects of his game, predominantly his first touch. Too often it's been like that of a sunday league player. However, I don't know what the hell has happened to him but tonight his touch was superb. He was flicking it around like Rooney. For the first time I can see that the lad has true potential.

Aside from that, everyone was excellent except one player. After a couple of much improved performances, in this game Knockaert was shite. Wasteful set pieces, silly conceding free kicks, he should have cleared their goal from the line, greedy shooting. He had a few decent touches but, to be honest, looked out of place in the company of his team mates. If the new french winger is any good, it's Knockaert who may lose his place.

Nugent scored two and had two assists. He was very good, as were the midfield pair once again. I'm no fan of 4-4-2 nowadays but occasionally we play it in the Championship like Man U played it under Ferguson in the Premier League. It's just too good for the opposition to counteract.

Derby were total wank. Their 'superstar' Hughes was totally ineffective and Keane produced a display I got well used to last season, he's too soft and naive. I really don't rate him. Gawd knows how they won so many successive matches.

Looks like two from three are going up automatically. I'll be cheering on Yeovil and Ipswich tomorrow.

I'm sorry but I'm going to stick up for Knocky here. The transformation in his game since he arrived has been massive. His work-rate last night was outstanding and this only contributed to the high tempo game that we played. His ball retention was generally good and yes he did give it away on occasions but that is what you will get with him - take this away and you would take away the creative edge and we would be less effective as a team. In my opinion you are very harsh on him.

A stunning performance, ruined only by the fact that we only scored four - their sheer effort and skill deserved double that

The most impressive part was our mastery of ball retention and control. I can't recall seeing that much natural technique on show from a City side for many years.

The back four were excellent, but De Laet was outstanding. Drink water showed why he was player of the month, and together with James murdered them in midfield. Dyer was a constant threat, as he has been all season. And Vardy and Nugent were simply electric. Absolutely nor edible. Thought Knocky was poor, but maybe only in comparison to the rest of the team.

The most complete, dominant, skilful performance we have seen for donkey's years.

PeeStAin Out, before he fecks it up....

Nicely rounded up.

Like BN said, fair play to Vardy today as his first touch has clearly been worked on and he was excellent. Deserved his goal.

I think De Laet bar Stoke has been in great form. Moore impressed me today for his workrate over 90 mins.

I said to DD before the game; Derbys two CBs need to be targeted. Buxton is a pub player and Keane is very lightweight. Their midfield can easily be bullied. Hughes aka Mr.Sideways in particular hates being pushed around.

Most of all, last night we that desire, that battlefever which has been missing for a city side for a while. Keep it up.

I'm sorry but I'm going to stick up for Knocky here. The transformation in his game since he arrived has been massive. His work-rate last night was outstanding and this only contributed to the high tempo game that we played. His ball retention was generally good and yes he did give it away on occasions but that is what you will get with him - take this away and you would take away the creative edge and we would be less effective as a team. In my opinion you are very harsh on him.

If I carry on my analogy of us playing like like the Championship equivalent of Man Utd's 4-4-2 in the Premier League under Ferguson last season, Knockaert is our Nani. Occasionally, he does something terrific. Mostly, he's a total waste of space.

Granted he's gradually improving aspects of his game (fitness and passing accuracy) and he's still young enough to become a player worthy of his talent. He's also had a couple of improved performances recently and I think I made this point in a recent post match thread. But 9 times out of 10, he simply isn't what people make him out to be.

The reason I probably highlight his ineffectiveness more is because so many people just seem to ignore it and it annoys me. Everyone gets the pros and cons of someone like Konchesky for example. We know what he's good at and what he's not good at. However, too many people only see the pros of Knockaert. I like to highlight his 'cons' because people sing his name when he does a fancy flick but forget the fact he's done absolutely nothing else of significance or has downright hindered us, like in the Man City game.

If you listen to some of our fans, he's our Ronaldo, but he's not. So far, he's only our Nani.

I was astounded how well we passed and kept the ball in extremely tight situations......hang on, did I say that last night when pissed?

In all seriousness im not sure how they did it, ball retention was sublime.

If I carry on my analogy of us playing like like the Championship equivalent of Man Utd's 4-4-2 in the Premier League under Ferguson last season, Knockaert is our Nani. Occasionally, he does something terrific. Mostly, he's a total waste of space.

Granted he's gradually improving aspects of his game (fitness and passing accuracy) and he's still young enough to become a player worthy of his talent. He's also had a couple of improved performances recently and I think I made this point in a recent post match thread. But 9 times out of 10, he simply isn't what people make him out to be.

The reason I probably highlight his ineffectiveness more is because so many people just seem to ignore it and it annoys me. Everyone gets the pros and cons of someone like Konchesky for example. We know what he's good at and what he's not good at. However, too many people only see the pros of Knockaert. I like to highlight his 'cons' because people sing his name when he does a fancy flick but forget the fact he's done absolutely nothing else of significance or has downright hindered us, like in the Man City game.

If you listen to some of our fans, he's our Ronaldo, but he's not. So far, he's only our Nani.

I agree with your point to an extent. He is over-hyped by a good number of fans. I think your comparison with Nani is wrong. For me, Knockaert works much harder off the ball. I would even say he works harder to win back possession that Dyer. Though he does need to work on his decision making when attempting to execute a tackle.

Rich B went a bit quiet......penny for his thoughts?

Rubbish, you should have absolutely rubbed their faces in it last night.

Draw would have been my first choice but stuffing the sheep us a very acceptable second.

Rubbish, you should have absolutely rubbed their faces in it last night.

Draw would have been my first choice but stuffing the sheep us a very acceptable second.
Any compliments for us? Go on, even though it hurts! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669