Post Match Leicester 4 Doncaster 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for those who regularly watch the team: how is Marshall playing? I know that he is scoring regularly but is he creating for others? Gallagher scores a fair few but, I always feel, does little else: is Marshall in the same mould, or is he a genuine winger/attacking midfielder?

So you don't go own and watch City play?

There was a flatness after the second goal since it was clear Doncaster had lost. Their forwards were never going to score two goals.

I have never seen a match in which Pearson was so relaxed- no doubt because Doncaster were so incompetent. The two occasions when Pearson got annoyed both involved Kasper - a bad throw and a goal kick that simply went out the other end. I could not make out what Nigel called Kasper but I don't think "professional" was the word he used.

There was an incident in the first half that I found difficult to see. It appeared as though a Leicester shot was going in and Beckford deflected it out of play. Perhaps someone with a better view can tell me if I am right.

Yes, a great goal line clearance by Beckford! All he had to do was lean back slightly and the ball would have gone in with goalie unsighted.

Firstly on Doncaster, how on earth did they end up with a team full of journeymen and has beens? Surely it's the wrong approach for a club like that?
We did what was required and didn't seem to exert ourselves too much in the process which will hopefully show on Monday. The goal at Chelsea has clearly done wonders for Marshall's confidence and he is starting to look like he could be a big player for us next season. It was a brave call to drop St. Ledger and move Bamba back alongside Morgan and it paid off but there were holes between and down the sides of our central defence all game and I'd worry about them against better opposition.

Of course it is a great result and a good performance. I am sure that if the team had had 6 days to recover before the next game, rather than 1, they would have upped the workrate and banged another 4 in. Surely you can hardly blame them for not risking injury and suspension, when they have the game easily won, with a much tougher game only 48 hours later?

So you don't go own and watch City play?

I have seen his spectacular goals on highlight shows and listen to the commentaries: it is difficult to get a clear picture from either. Marshall seems to be the best of Pearson's signings and I was looking for confirmation that the praise which he is currently receiving is for more than a few spectacular goals.

A 4-0 result is a great result.

It shows confidence, quality, detemination, strong defence, the ability to get four scoring chances, it's a positive outcome to a game that could have left us asking questions.

Theres no doubt that this sends out a message to rest of the league. We are on fire. Personally, I recon that automatic promotion is on - the others are stuggling now. Getting only a play-off place would be a dissapointment now. PEARSON is a sly old fox, he knows what he's doing. We just need to keep this up - shame we play Ipswich next. Ah well.

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

No the Thai boys do that. The old fox follows on ceefax

Ceefax?

There are people on here who are too young to remember Ceefax!

Ceefax?

There are people on here who are too young to remember Ceefax!

What is this Ceefax of which you all speak? Some new fangle gadget, I'll be bound! Next, you'll be telling me there's more than two channels on this televisual apparatus.

Fwiw, Marshall looks to have much more to his game than Gallagher: it's early days but it looks like he can dribble and create as well as score spectacular goals and his passing looks generally more accurate he's much better defensively at going in for challenges too.

Never mind Marshall. What about Beckford? Reportedly decapitated last week - he turns out looking no smaller than before and can still put in a shift. Remarkable!

Fwiw, Marshall looks to have much more to his game than Gallagher: it's early days but it looks like he can dribble and create as well as score spectacular goals and his passing looks generally more accurate he's much better defensively at going in for challenges too.

Thank you.

I have seen his spectacular goals on highlight shows and listen to the commentaries: it is difficult to get a clear picture from either. Marshall seems to be the best of Pearson's signings and I was looking for confirmation that the praise which he is currently receiving is for more than a few spectacular goals.

Sorry I could have sworn it was you calling for Pearsons head and saying Ericsson should never have been sacked. Couldn't have been you though as you dont actually watch us play. My mistake.

Sorry I could have sworn it was you calling for Pearsons head and saying Ericsson should never have been sacked. Couldn't have been you though as you dont actually watch us play. My mistake.

I do not get to many matches these days. I therefore know little about Marshall: I know enough to be aware that Nigel Pearson is out of his depth. There is no point in re-fighting this point: time will tell....

Just to elaborate on my previous post- we've had a few 4-0 wins in recent seasons and each had more fluency and control about them. Yesterday, for most of the match, we weren't particularly inspiring.

We will have better performances than that, but right now we need the points and it has improved our goal difference against those around us.

We did fight more against Hull when down to 10 men to hold on the lead, but what is in front of you determines your strategy.

Just to pass on what I have been told by a not necessarily reliable source.

Mills turned up for the match yesterday and was sent home having been told that Pearson does not want him near the first team players. I am told the problem with Mills originated with a physical confrontation with Wellens at the training ground.

Has anybody else heard this?

Just to pass on what I have been told by a not necessarily reliable source.

Mills turned up for the match yesterday and was sent home having been told that Pearson does not want him near the first team players. I am told the problem with Mills originated with a physical confrontation with Wellens at the training ground.

Has anybody else heard this?

Didn't hear that but I was told that Birch is telling anyone who will listen that Nigel is 'a dead man walking', if true I wish he'd shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669