Post Match Leicester 4 Fulham 3 (League cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ****ing game! I was wondering if it would be worth it walking to the ground but now I think I would have been happy to pay double.

Excellent performance all round and all the players coming in have given Pearson a bit of a headache as all very good performances.

Unsure if I'd give MOTM to Miquel, not because he was poor as we did look pretty solid at the back playing against a very good front line which all the back 4 have to take credit for but Drinkwater and Wood were the pick of the bunch for me.

Drinky is just so calm and tidy on the ball and is also developing a very good forward game to his game too - Miquel's goal was all down to his sublime cross but still well taken.

Wood just seemed to be winning pretty much everything being hit towards him and really made Senderos who has played at the highest level look very, very poor. Really well taken goal from him too and even though his plays a different game to Vardy & Nuge, he still 'put a shift in' and was very impressive all round for me.

James deserves a mention too as he was excellent too and Schlupp may not have made a great impact in the first, but came very close to scoring an amazing goal after breezing past 4 or 5 players from the half-way line!

All in all a fantastic performance and things looking very good for us this year with strength in depth all round as Pearson now has a really tough job picking 11 from our squad for Watford!

EDIT - Another +1 for the Radio Leicester commentary. Even though I was actually at this game I'd still love to hear Stringer's commentary for the winning goal!

I would agree on Drinkwater dispute the odd misplaced place he would be my MOTM Wood was not far behind, held the ball up well and shown great strength holding defenders off at times

Getting the family dressed up. Even the ****ing cat will have a shirt.

Drinkwater has been exceptional this season. He's one of the reasons we've done so well so far imo.

An extraordinary night of football at the KP. I can only liken it to one of those under MON. It wasn't a large crowd but we all thoroughly enjoyed the game and the atmosphere in the second half was the best for some time.

Our performance wasn't especially good. But several of our players displayed a real desire to win. I am fast falling for Wasilewski. He's like an old school Taggart/Walsh/Elliott defender. Somehow, it would seem wrong for him to be in a losing team. Morgan was excellent. James and Drinkwater covered so much ground. Wood led the line admirably. Knockaert veered from sublime to dreadful and I thought Schlupp was very poor once again. He badly needs to go out on loan and get some regular football somewhere. Tactically, I thought NP did very well.

Fulham played without the same passion and that ultimately cost them the game. They were superior to us technically and, after going in front, they could easily have gone on to win comfortably had they an ounce of the will to win that we had. Taarabt was an embarrassment to the shirt.

Nice to have a genuine cup run and nice to be the only Football League club left in the quarter finals.

An extraordinary night of football at the KP. I can only liken it to one of those under MON. It wasn't a large crowd but we all thoroughly enjoyed the game and the atmosphere in the second half was the best for some time.

My thoughts exactly. It was a brilliant match and the atmosphere was fantastic. The most I've enjoyed a game for years.

They were superior to us technically and, after going in front, they could easily have gone on to win comfortably had they an ounce of the will to win that we had.
I felt we got carried away with our third goal and lost concentration. Conceded 30/60 seconds later - is that how it looked?

Only downside konchesky's injury, making him a doubt for Saturday

That goal cam is excellent.

I thought NP's tactics were largely spot on. Initially 4-3-3 to try and crowd out players like Taarabt. Then a change to 4-4-2 which enabled Knockaert to play a free role. I thought we paid them far too much respect in the first 25 minutes as they knocked the ball around without challenge. I knew we'd score when their fans started singing daft songs like 'how s**t must you be we're winning away', 'thats why we're Premier League' etc etc.

That said, what's the point in needlessly chasing the ball. I had some chaps behind me who were raving about Boateng in midfield for them but he was 20 yards behind the rest of his midfield. Fulham reminded me a lot of Brighton under Poyet. Sideways, sideways, sideways, zzzzz, zzzz. (It's no surprise that Bridcutt is considered Brighton's best player, he plays defensive midfield so gets to knock the ball about without pressure). It was clear they had better footballers, so it was important that we took the opportunities from their mistakes which we rightly did. At half-time, you saw Fulham go off the pitch and they simply didn't look bothered.

We gradually got better as the game wore on. Wood made Senderos look a mug on numerous occasions. Great cross from Drinkwater and a proper header from Miquel who impressed me with his aerial ability. On Fulham's 2nd, I thought Schmeichel was dreadful but watching back, Morgan more than anyone looked hopeless with his marking. There was a five minute spell before Schmeichel's great save against Ruiz where we had roughly three shots on target. We were winning every 2nd ball and constantly recycling, it was superb.

Understandably, the midfield tired and they were beginning to thread some passes. I can only assume the free-kick was against James as Waslewski's recovering tackle was superb and in the box. Karagounis ran off like he'd won the World Cup, Champions League and Premier League all rolled into one. Silly billy! Superb move for our winner and a well deserved victory.

Last edited:

Don't be tempted to download SpeedMaxPC. It and its fellow programs will just slow down your computer and infect it with all sorts of malware.

Surprised Foxplayer shows the advert in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew we'd score when their fans started singing daft songs like 'how s**t must you be we're winning away', 'thats why we're Premier League' etc etc.

The best one was when they got back to 3:3 and sung "3:1, and you ****ed it up.." :icon_bigg

That goal cam is excellent.

Really? I would have thought that the only worse view of the game would be from the Lineker Suite, facing the river.

Don't be tempted to download SpeedMaxPC. It and its fellow programs will just slow down your computer and infect it with all sorts of malware.

Surprised Foxplayer shows the advert in the first place.

I think that's down to YouTube; nothing to do with FoxesPlayer per se.

It's more that the noise entertains me in relation to seeing the ball in the net.

I'll turn the sound up and try again.

I did enjoy the goalkeeper's despair as he picked the ball out of the net though. Not sure that he was all that cheered up by being beaten to the task on the occasion of the winning goal.

A better view:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the officialing was appalling last night, especially from the lino on the West Stand side. His biggest howler though was not seeing Vardy control the ball with his hand before setting Nugent through to cross for Dyer :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669