Post Match Leicester 4 Manchester United 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A special mention needs to go to pissing about at the back.....not us for a change, beautiful to see Nachos mugging Maguire.

A special mention needs to go to pissing about at the back.....not us for a change, beautiful to see Nachos mugging Maguire.

I thought the same watching our equaliser.

A lot of chat on here recently about us pissing about too much at the back. And it was Man Utd doing that today that got us the goal!

Even at 2-2, I thought it was by far our best performance of the season. Going forward, with quicker, much more accurate passing, and really attacking their goal. Vardy and Youri's goals were things of beauty, Nacho tormented Maguire, and as other have said, great to have Evans back, he seemed to inspire the others.

And congrats to Patson -

A great watch - Deserved more than 3 points!

Oh and Cristiano Ronaldo still hasn’t scored against us. No idea how many times he’s played us! I suspect we were in Championship or L1 for most of his previous stint?

Absolutely magnificent performance, and a genuinely ****ing brilliant afternoon.

Every single player was a minimum 8 out 10,including subs. We were bloody fantastic.

Nacho ripped them apart in the first half - what a ****ing player he has turned into - ably assisted by Tielemans, Maddison and a superb Castagne.

So much for my complete ignorance about lack of width, as we ****ed them on both sides again and again.

But Jonny Evans, deary me, what a superb, controlling, complete performance. Absolute world class today.

Sancho, Ronaldo, Fernandez, Pogba. Total ****ing shite the lot of em - but none anywhere near as shite as that gallumphing great oaf at the back. What a hopeless duffer he is.

Quite stunned that they were under instruction not to press at all, and it fell straight into our hands. So much room for us to play out, and Tielemans virtually ignored in the middle. Incredible that they didn’t change it in the second half. Awful tactical boobery from an awful boob of a Manager.

****ing lovely stuff

He was really good and is up to speed with the premiereship, he looks real quality and will turn out to be a bloody good signing.
Soumare was our best player and better than any of their players too. Easily Man of the Match by a long way. He was sensational.

I thought the same watching our equaliser.

A lot of chat on here recently about us pissing about too much at the back. And it was Man Utd doing that today that got us the goal!

It's a really odd thing that goes through all the leagues. They changed it so goal kicks don't have to leave the 18 yard box so everyone decided that means it can't leave the box and you get league 2 keepers trying to do Cruyff turns for no reason. Hilarious if its not us.

Piper’s MOTM was Jonny Evans. Which is interesting.

Well, I can't comment on whether he was the best performer because I didn't manage to watch enough of the game, but I certainly don't think it's a coincidence that our best performance of the season came with Evans back in the defence.

Had a proper look at Kasper’s distribution today. It was very good. On two occasions he kicked it straight out for a throw in to ManU but the first one was partly Castagne being a bit asleep. Apart from those it was actually brilliant. A one off, or is his distribution not as bad as some suggest? He definately have some stray passes but the way we play out from the back is very ambitious and it is very obvious when he does a mistake, but his general distribution isn’t all that bad methinks.

Fwiw, from the bits I saw Amartey seemed to be doing pretty well at RCB again.

I think, in a back 3, he's actually a pretty decent option. I'd say he's had more good games than bad there over the last year.

Just a shame and very limiting that he can't do it in any other formation!

Oh and Cristiano Ronaldo still hasn’t scored against us. No idea how many times he’s played us! I suspect we were in Championship or L1 for most of his previous stint?

This was his third game against us.

His first was during his first season for Man U, 2003/04. Gary Neville scored the only goal of the game at Old Trafford.
He was an unused substitute earlier that season when they beat us 4-1 at the Walkers Stadium.

His second game against us was as a half time substitute in the friendly against Real Madrid in 2011.

His first was during his first season for Man U, 2003/04. Gary Neville scored the only goal of the game at Old Trafford.
He was an unused substitute earlier that season when they beat us 4-1 at the Walkers Stadium.

His second game against us was as a half time substitute in the friendly against Real Madrid in 2011.

He's shit then isn't he.

Thanks Jeff

hope I don’t regret asking the question when Brendan is his manager as he scores four past us later in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566